Don't waste your money on extremely cheap products during a home improvement project. Remodeling contractors know: buying good materials is worth the cost.
Find top home improvement stores in Moody, AL
There are 2 top-rated home improvement stores in your area and 2 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Hardware Store Reviews in Moody
- Lowe's Home ImprovementIt was an Angie's List Big Deal purchase that I made. We're always pleased when we go to Lowe's. When my husband goes to Lowe's, it's usually $100 or more. He was always pleased, he has never had a bad experience there so it's good. He likes both Home Depot and Lowe's because there are a lot of things for around the house and usually Lowe's has things that Home Depot hasn't but Home Depot is closer so he likes the variety in merchandise and there are nice big aisles, and the staff is always friendly. For their quality, there's too much from China. For their responsiveness, sometimes you can't find anybody
- Lowes in FultondaleThey did a wonderful job helping us redesign our kitchen. It is gorgeous. People come in to my kitchen and they love it. It was at last a couple of thousand dollars or more because my backsplash includes, glass, stone, and ceramic tile, so it is very, very pretty. The sales person did a great job. I was going with one thing and she would tell me that was too big or that it needs to match with the floors. It was really unbelievable. They had a great price too. I liked the service there
- LOWESTook off two existing layers of roofing. Removed old vents and closed holes. installed new boots on pipes. Installed Owens Corning Oakridge shingles in the color Driftwood. Installed ridge vents on all ridges. Removed gutters and installed new gutters with larger down spouts. Installed a gutter cover by name Gutter Shelter. Nuts and nut shells and leaves roll off, water rolls over the edge into the gutter and out the down spout. I used to have to open my down spouts with a toilet auger. When the gutters were being installed, some hidden rot was found. The roofers returned and repaired the site. There was a $100 cost for materials. I was sick in the hospital the whole time and didn't see any of the activity. The leaf fall and the rains since then have proven the integrity of the job
- Home DepotI can't say enough about the workers at the 280 Home Depot location--especially in comparison to the other home improvement store nearby. As I detailed, they're helpful with advice, pricing, know-how, and they always treat me with respect and attention. It just feels like a positive place to go...and that was important to me since I was really intimidated by this big store when I first started going there for supplies. They've easily saved me hundreds of dollars in my first year of home ownership
- Lowes in FultondaleLowes subcontracts. The one that was uses was very professional and cleaned well after finishing. It just took a longer for Lowes to come and give estimates about 2 weeks. I would use Lowes again if needed.
- Mary Carter Paint StoreThe service there is outstanding. I called to find out if they had what I was looking for and they were able to find it. They have been in business for a very long time and I have always been satisfied with the service they provide.
- HUFFSTUTLER'S HARDWAREI was unsure of what I would need in order to hang a heavy object on my plaster walls. Almost as soon as I walked in the door, someone from Huffstutler's was asking me if I needed help. They offered advice on the best way to hang the artwork and pointed out what drill bit I would need to use and what screws and anchors. I was very pleased with the help I received, and it was nice to get tips from knowledgeable people
- LOWESOverall my wife and I are very happy with the installation. Just be sure when getting the estimate to ask if anything costs extra such as the window sills , framing for windows in the basement etc. The final estimate which was based on the Chaneys estimates for size and additional work was several hundred dollars more then the base estimate given by the sales rep from Lowes. The sales rep was great and he did advise that usually the install crew came out and did the measurements with him but, were on another job at the time. do your research as it is very hard comparing windows. After much research I went with the reliafbilt by atrium over the pellas. They may or may not be any better but, I felt they were based on several home improvement boards etc. Lowes got the windows ordered and in within a two week period. Again I was very happy with Chaney remodeling and can highly recommend them. This is a father son team and you can tell they take pride in their work
- LOWE'SOn 3/14/11 I brought a Pella storm door from Lowe's in Fultondale, Al. The tinted glass I wanted had to ordered and was installed on 4/7/11. I started having problems with the door and finally called the Pella Co. Was told the door might not be level. I went to Lowe's and talked to the man I had brought the door from. He immediatly made arrangements for the contractor that had installed the door to check it out.Turned out the door needed to be replaced and this was done within 2 1/2 weeks. During this time I had several calls from the install dept insuring that everything was going as planned and I was satisfied with their service
- ROCKY RIDGE HARDWAREI needed to change the fill valve on a toilet and they showed me how to do it. I also needed to add a receptacleto a room and they showed me how to do that, too.
Home Improvement Stores in Moody
- Recent Review:Our experience was bad from start to finish. We began what was supposed to be an 8-week process in early June 2012, and the last part arrived in January 2013. Weeks of delays, incorrectly ordered parts, bad design - e.g., the fridge door couldn't be opened completely without pulling the fridge out 6" from the wall - and many, many phone calls to Lowes. Almost two months ago, when the work finally was finished, we contacted the corporate office to complain (we'd delayed calling the head office because we were advised by one of the workers to wait until the job was finished, although we talked to store management many times). The corporate office sent us right back to the store manager. The manager asked what he could do to make it up to us and we asked if they could fix a problem with the floor that was caused by incorrect measurements by Lowes. The manager said he'd look into it and that's the last we've heard from anyone. We provided detailed, written documentation of the problems and still no action.The floor looks bad, but at this point we can't stand the thought of dealing with Lowes again. <br /Lyn T.
- Business Description:Zamora Tree Sevice LLC is a family owned business serving Jefferson county and Shelby county and surrounding areas, with more then 10 years of experience. If your problem consists of trees or tree branches, we have you coveredRecent Review:They were twice as high as other companies that came out that are well know. We did not use them.Lou Ann N.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Appliancezone.com is a leading on-line retailer of appliance parts and accessories for do-it-yourself homeowners. Incorporated in 2008, it was started by CEO, Jim Allen and his wife Paula, who operated an appliance repair business for nearly fourteen years prior to starting the internet company Appliance ZoneRecent Review:This is the first online review I've ever written -- my experience with this company was that bad. Three aspects that deserve attention: 1) I placed an order and tried to cancel six minutes later. Turns out they don't accept cancellations. 2) I couldn't find a phone number, so I had to work the return/refund by email. The exchange was painful -- so unhelpful I felt like I was interacting with a bad chatbot. 3) I ended up eating shipping costs (expected) and got hit for a 50% restocking fee (unexpected) because I refused the package instead of paying to ship it back. Didn't matter that it went to the correct address, was clearly labeled, and had prior return authorization. So I ended up with a $21 refund on a $60 order, and a lesson learned about where not to buy appliance partsTyson A.
- Business Description:Family owned and operated electrical company. Founder and current head electrician boasting 40+ years of experience working in Cullman County. We exclusively service residential jobs with no project too big or too small.Recent Review:I called the Contractor licensing board in Mongomery, AL and the Electrical board of Alabama. Leonard is not licensed or bonded. He hired a young man with no training or schooling in electrical to wire our home without supervision. It was a mess. When we called the owner to come check his work due to breakers tripping, he refused and said we would have to pay a service call. We've paid him over $8,000 for faulty workAmanda Q.
- Business Description:Contact Bill at (615) 307-1844 in Pleasant Grove, AL, to purchase knife making systems and knife sharpeners that make your job even easier.
- Business Description:Call (800) 825-ROPE. Here at Pacific Fibre & Rope Co, we take pride in providing the best services and satisfying our customer needs. We specialize in Rope and Cargo Nets Manufacturer, Cargo Nets, Nylon Rope, Exercise Rope Manufacturing, Cargo Net Manufacturer, Rope Manufacturer, Rope Ladder Productio
- Business Description:Home Solution Services
- Business Description:Innerspaice Architectural Interior LLC
- Business Description:Additional DBA - Do it Best.Recent Review:The service there is outstanding. I called to find out if they had what I was looking for and they were able to find it. They have been in business for a very long time and I have always been satisfied with the service they provideRon H.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home improvement store articles
When you need equipment to complete a home-improvement project, should you buy the new tools, or just rent them for a few hours — or a few days?
Find hardware stores in
- Pell City
- Mountain Brook
- Center Point
- Cahaba Heights
hardware stores in Moody
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Door Exchange2637 Pelham Pkwy.
- Door Exchange
- EZ Aztec Enterprises3418 Bessemer Super Hwy
- EZ Aztec Enterprises
- F And S Equipment and Supplies Inc3221 2nd Ave S
- F And S Equipment and Supplies Inc
- Pacific Fibre & Rope Co903 Flint Ave
- Pacific Fibre & Rope Co
- Soundrite-Acoustics, Inc.209 S. Stephanie Street Suite B-167
- Soundrite-Acoustics, Inc.
- Vampire Professional Tools International47 Peters Canyon Rd
- Vampire Professional Tools International
- Zamora Tree Service LLC390 Smokey Rd
- Zamora Tree Service LLC