Woody Anderson Ford

Founded 1961 • With Angi since August 2010

2500 Jordan Lane NW

Huntsville, AL 35816

Woody Anderson Ford is a woman owned, full service dealership that begin in 1961....

09/29/2020

CRYSTAL C.

Took my car in for a free oil change (using my rewards points which I got when buying the car) and one of the employees of Woody Anderson Ford WRECKED MY CAR! They literally backed into it and destroyed my passenger side door in the front and back! They send two Customer Service "Managers" to talk to me and not only did they joke about it "You're gonna LOVE us!" but they agreed to make it "right" by giving me more rewards points and fixing the damage they had done as if that was compensation enough for the huge inconvenience of destroying my brand new car that the value of was now totally depreciated! I had to ask to even assess the damage myself. They promised to make my car "like new". So, I asked if while they were at it, they could take care of a dent in the front right wheel that was there when I bought it, a DEFECTIVE GLASS WINDOW (also FORD's defect issue-confirmed by a glass specialist that they reccommended), a shattered driver's side mirror (my own fault from a rock that hit it-that I had already quoted for $60 from THEIR reccomend contractor-very nice fellow), and put some air in my tires because a low tire pressure sensor wouldn't go off. THEY AGREED TO FIX ALL OF THESE SMALL THINGS AT THE SAME TIME DUE TO THE HUGE INCONVENIENCE!! It has been three weeks now and they gave me my car back finally WITHOUT FIXING ANYTHING BUT THE DOOR DAMAGE AND WHEEL DENT! They even tried to tell me that the mirror was going to COST ME nearly FOUR TIMES what I had already gotten quoted from their same guy! DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE!! THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR PROPERTY AND LIE ABOUT FIXING IT! I RECCOMMEND YOU THINK TWICE ABOUT DOING BUSINESS WITH WOODY ANDERSON FORD!!

Description of Work
WOODY ANDERSON FORD OIL CHANGE

09/23/2017

Michael E.

It was good. We just bought if off of the lot. We had real good interaction with the salesman. We were able to go there, close the deal within a few hours. and drive off. I would give them "A" all across.

Description of Work
We purchased a vehicle.

09/23/2017

Michael E.

We have a brand new car. We have a pre-paid maintenance plan. The service department is pretty fast. It's a quick line. Even when I have had to wait, they get it done within the hour. The waiting room is very nice. Their price is comparable.

Description of Work
They did an oil change.

09/01/2017

Craig M.

It took 3 days just for them to diagnose (charged me $85 and I believe all they did was just read the codes off the OBD port / Advance Auto and many others do this for free). Was quoted over $8200 to replace transmission. Pretty funny considering that Coleman Tayler estimated $2600.

Description of Work
Diagnostic on Transmission

06/09/2017

Susan H.

I use them for service as well. The particular fellow that I was dealing with was respectful. They took the time to show me everything I needed to know. They were honest to me as far as the offers.

Description of Work
I purchased a vehicle.

06/06/2017

Michael C.

I’ve been going there for one year. They’re clean. The scheduling is easy, I’ve got a certain service guy that will schedule me. It’s usually whenever I need it, so I don’t have a problem with that. They communicated with me by phone and email. They give me general information on my car because it’s only a year old or so. It’s covered, so it’s not a lot. I like that when they bring you in, they get you in and get you out. It’s not a long-time period of waiting. I purchased my car from them.

Description of Work
It was for a regular oil change.

06/06/2017

Michael C.

It went great. I had a choice between them and another dealership for a different make of car. It basically came down to the customer service and reaction with the sales person. They won out.

Description of Work
I purchased a car from them.

02/14/2017

Marilyn C.

They're very good. We used to use them to maintain an old car that we had. They were good for bigger things rather than just an oil change. They were very attentive when you go there. The service department was very nice.

Description of Work
We bought a new car from them.

Category car sales

01/03/2017

Glenn C.

They quoted a price that was a little high but since it was only one I didn't have much choice. They offered me a shuttle ride home but the service rep didn't tell the driver and I got left for 45 minutes until I started walking around to find the courtesy ride. Tried to give them a coupon at delivery and they said they couldn't and wouldn't take it because they only made 5 per tire, they sold them at cost plus $5. They didn't even discount the service charges. I don't believe the $5 line. I got home and found the same tire on rack.com $35 cheaper! I hate getting lied to.

Description of Work
Had a flat tire and needed a replacement tire. Only had 3000 miles on it and wanted to match the OEM tires.

07/23/2014

Dave B.

I was quoted a price of $165 over the phone to perform the pinion seal replacement so I scheduled the job. Upon arrival I verified with the service rep that the cost would be $165. He said, "that's about right". During the repair process, Woody Anderson Service called and told me the cost of the job would be $379, far higher than the $165 previously quoted. Asking for more detail on the reason for the discrepancy in price, I was told the actual pinion seal job would be $220 and "differential service" would be $159. When questioning what "differenial service" means, I was told it consisted of replacing the gear lube. However, during pinion seal replacement, most of the gear lube leaks out and must be refilled anyway. I declined the "differential service". Now, I'm back to a cost of $220 which is still $55 higher than the original quoted price. When asking why there was still a discrepancy, the service rep said the service technician has listed $170 for the repair and the remained was for refilling the lost gear lube. I strongly questioned how $55 worth of gear lube was needed to refill the differential. Then the service tech backed off and agreed to complete the job including gear lube refill for $170. When I picked up the truck the actual price was $167. So, bottom line... - I was quoted a price for a straightforward repair job. - Woody Anderson tried to jack up the price by more than double. - I had to negotiate to get the cost back to the agreed upon amount. - Woody Anderson then agreed to almost match the original price negotiated. Ultimately the job was performed and appears to be done correctly. However, the unprofessional and unethical nature of their actions regarding price will result me never using their service again.

Description of Work
Replaced differential pinion seal on a small Ford pickup.

04/21/2014

Steve M.

They have the best customer service of any car dealership I've ever dealt with. They keep you updated with what's going on. They generally care about you and follow up with you. They meet you at the door. They take you around. They wash the car after it has been serviced. It's an expensive oil change as they use a synthetic oil. I've used them a couple of times.

Description of Work
I have used Woody Anderson Ford for auto service. Last time the service included an oil change and tire rotation.

02/28/2014

Rodney S.

I drove my F150 truck to have the transmission checked out because of the OD light flashing. It was driving fine, perhaps it was shifting a bit rough, but very driveable. I was initially told there was a $100 diagnostic fee which I expected. Later that day they called and said they thought it was a valve and that to replace the valve would cost $225 labor and price of the valve (which I later was told $15). No other fees were discussed. At that time I was also told that their diagnostics indicated that nothing major was wrong with the transmission. I consented to this and didn't hear anything for over a day. I called the next day and was told that once they got into the transmission the valve they were going to replace was fine and they were working on another quote and would get back wtih me shortly, around lunchtime. I waited and near the end of the day they called and told me the transmission either needed to be rebuilt or replaced and gave me (high) prices for both. I was caught off guard and explained that I did not want to go that route for an older vehicle so we discussed a possible trade-in. The service department passed me on to the sales team at that point so I waited on them to contact me. After several days they finally called a different number and left a message. I returned their call the next day and at this point they had my truck for almost a week and we discussed some options. I was told they could only give me $500-$1000 to scrap the truck which I found a bit humorous because I drove the truck into their dealership. It is an older truck but very low mileage and in very good overall condition. I listened for awhile, pondered some options, and decided to pass on their offer. I called the service department back to arrange a time to get my truck and understood that I could get it later in the afternoon. The service department manager then called me back and was a bit huffy with me and informed me it would be next week before I could get my vehicle and that the $225 quote was only for the transmission tear down only but not to build it back. That is humorous because no sane person would agree to pay to have a transmission torn down, replace a valve, but then not put it back together. I pointed that out to him and he then claimed the quote did not include gaskets and fluid. So basically they tore my transmission to pieces and held it hostage to get more money to put it back together when they couldn't get me to accept their lowball trade-in offer. I am very unhappy with Woody Anderson Ford and consider them to be dishonest and they will not get any of my business in the future.

Description of Work
Diagnose issue with transmission

02/09/2014

Frank P.

Went in with a long list of things to look at for 3-year checkup. They went over the car with a fine-tooth comb. Despite lots of opportunity to pad the bill, they only did what they thought was required, to the tune of $50, not the two or three hundred I was expecting. This is a great dealership and service facility. Prompt, thorough, courteous and honest. They also seriously support the military, so for me it's a win-win all around.

Description of Work
Took my car (Ford Fusion Hybrid I bought there in 2011) in for it's 3-year checkup.

01/20/2014

Curt N.

The price was very reasonable. They have a great service in every way you can think of.

Description of Work
I used Woody Anderson Ford to replace the harmonic balancer in my vehicle. In the past, I have bought a vehicle from them and I have had another vehicle for service there.

Category auto repair, car sales

10/01/2013

Daniel A.

Mike Burnum is the parts or service manager and he is fantastic. He is polite and genuine. He told me all that was needed and prioritized it so that I could afford the most important things and come back for the rest as needed and whenI could afford it. I would recommend Mike as the best of the best!

Description of Work
tried to put my engine in myself and pinched a wire harness so they helped me get my electrical back in shape.

09/24/2013

bobby S.

They are honest and, when I bought the car through them, they were very nice. They are very professional.

Description of Work
I used Woody Anderson Ford for oil change and checking the entire things of the car plus wash the car.

09/12/2013

Lillian R.

Ordering the part and getting it replaced was pretty quick, although it took a few days longer than quoted. Overall, I am satisfied and will use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced a side mirror.

04/17/2013

sandra C.

I like the fast service feature that they offer. It saves time and they do a overall check of your car and will let you know if there are other things wrong with your car. I will continue to use them in the future because they also have very reasonable prices

Description of Work
Woody Anderson Ford Dealership is where I took my car for service last Monday

03/25/2013

Todd Y.

From my initial contact with the dealer they were responsive and very helpful. Our salesman did a good job and worked with me to get the cost where I wanted it to be.

Description of Work
Purchased a preowned Nissan Titan on February 20, 2013. The salesman who helped us was very young and new to the business but he did a great job during the negotiation and we ended up with a fair price on the vehicle and a fair trade in value.

07/16/2012

Kitty C.

Our daughter's Suzuki was in an accident and our insurance approved Woody Anderson for the repair. They had the car longer than I had hoped for, but the body work was excellent. We'd taken her car to them a couple of years ago to fix a fuse-blowing problem and they repaired the hitch connections that someone else had installed. Very competent and professional.

Description of Work
Repaired front bumper and broken brackets from an accident. Repainted top hood. Replaced headlights and damaged tubing.

06/26/2012

Barbara P.

They were the only company who knows how to fix my truck. My truck has a new engine style and some mechanics does not want to work on it. They had a wrong diagnosis the first time so they had to fix it again. They did not charge me for my second visit because they said it was their fault.

Description of Work
I take my truck to them for repair and maintenance work.

04/06/2012

Bethany K.

The serviceman was very attentive and helpful. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
I used Woody Anderson Ford for auto service on 5th March. They balanced the four tires and did the four wheel alignment.

03/13/2012

Tonya W.

I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I use Woody Anderson Ford for auto service including basic warranty service including oil change and tire rotation.

02/01/2012

Charles S.

They provide friendly service. They are fine and adequate.

Description of Work
I used Woody Anderson Ford for auto repair.

12/20/2010

Norman W.

We have gone to Woody Anderson Ford for 15 years. We have brought all of our cars and trucks there and we have never had any problems with them. There is a good quality of work and they can get to the work fast.

Description of Work
Woody Anderson Ford did an oil change the last time I went in.

Category auto repair, car sales