Malone, Dr. Darren E.

With Angi since October 2008

Eye Care - Ophthalmology
Eye Care - Optometry
Eye Care - LASIK

Dr. Darren Malone is a native of Cherokee, Alabama. He attended the University of Alabama where he received a degree in Mechanical Engineering and graduated Cum Laude. He attended the University of Alabama School of Medicine and was awarded the Sarah F. Davis Award for the best all-around medical student. Dr. Malone completed his internship and residency in ophthalmology at the Jones Eye Institute in Arkansas. Dr. Malone is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology since 2011. There are 6 doctors at this site. Surgery is performed at this location. To see if a doctor is board certified visit www.abms.org. To see if an optometrist is board certified visit www.americanboardofoptometry.org....

04/10/2017

Very well. Did not have to wait long. Retina was not detached. Questions were answered. In and out within an hour.

Description of Work
Eye checked for floater and possible retina detachment

Category ophthalmology

04/22/2016

Category ophthalmology

03/17/2015

Dr. Malone has done both eyes for my wife with great results.

Description of Work
Cataract removal # 2.

03/05/2014

I went for my appointment and was taken in on time. I had a preliminary interview and prescription exam by staff member. She was competent and pleasant. Dr. Malone came in and examined my eyes. He discussed the symptoms I was experiencing and explained the issues and implications. I did not require any immediate treatment but I will be returning to them annually for monitoring.

Description of Work
I was experiencing eye floaters and my optometrist told that I was getting cataracts. I made an appointment for evaluation with the Eye Center and was given one with Dr. Malone.

10/14/2013

Everything went well. No long wait. Doctor was there on time. Organized and professional staff. Doctor was knowledgeable and spent time with me.

Description of Work
Yearly eye exam.

Ophthalmologist