Governor's Choice Animal Hospital Inc

4.1

Veterinarians
Pet Stores
Animal Boarding Kennels

Our mission at Governors Choice Animal Hospital is to offer the best animal health care available. We respect the closeness of the human-animal bond, and it is our purpose to enable pet owners to celebrate all aspects of that loving and caring relationship. We focus on improved quality of life and alleviation of pain and suffering for all patients entrusted to our care. Dr. Delia B Harman Harman DVM, CVA is a native Huntsvillian who has owned Governors Choice Animal Hospital, Inc. since 1997. Dr. Harman has practiced veterinary medicine since receiving her doctorate from Tuskegee’s School of Veterinary Medicine some 25 years ago. Her undergraduate work includes a Bachelors of Science in Microbiology from Auburn University and a Bachelors of Science in Poultry and Animal Sciences from Tuskegee University. Dr. Harman is also a licensed veterinary acupuncturist. She graduated from the Chi Institute in 2009 and received her accreditation in acupuncture at that time. Dr. Harman offers acupuncture, herbs, low level laser therapy and heat therapy for chronic painful problems in dogs, cats and other small animals. Dr. Merrill Hudnall DVM was born and raised in Columbus, Mississippi. After Graduating from Mississippi State University, School of Veterinary Medicine in 1988, she practiced medicine in Texas and Mississippi before moving to Alabama. Dr Hudnall has been with Governors Choice since 2006, and we are very glad to have her expertise in our clinic. She enjoys veterinary medicine from, specialized soft tissue surgeries, to complex orthopedic procedures, to laser surgery and exotic medicine. Dr. Hudnall has three lovely daughters and is very involved with their extra curricular activities. She enjoys reading and traveling with her family. Her pets include a beagle, a rat terrier, and a basset hound....

04/10/2017

I think the price is reasonable. It's very convenient. The staff does well with her. The facility is okay as far as cleanliness.

Description of Work
Groomed and bathed my pets.

04/10/2017

The only concern I had was when I took her back, we found the assistant had left some staples in her and I had to remove them myself. I didn't call them back though regarding this. I thought they were a bit pricey for this particular visit. The vet did what they were supposed to do and was good with her.

Description of Work
They removed a skin abscess from an older dog.

11/03/2015

06/30/2015

Description of Work
I have been using this Vet for over 10 years. They have always been pleasant and Dr. Harmon is very compassionate. I will not use another vet. This visit was for my boxer and an ear infection.

05/28/2014

Description of Work
I called with a question for Dr. Harmon and she called back a couple of hours later with instructions of what I was to do for my opossum. Our group, Madison County Wildlife Rehabbers, uses Dr. Harmon especially for her expertise. She is a wonderfully caring Vet and I appreciate her to the fullest. |

Category veterinarian

Animal Hospital, Pet Clinic, Veterinary Care, Veterinarian, Emergency Veterinarian Service, Pet Hospital, Grooming, Boarding, Pet Acupuncture, Pet Laser Therapy, Tui-Na Massage Therapy for Pets