Wood, metal and stone fencing materials are popular options for residential fences, but consider your needs for enclosing your yard before making a selection.
Find top pet groomers in Helena-West Helena, AL
There are 2 top-rated pet groomers in your area and 2 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Dog Grooming Reviews in Helena-West Helena
- So Sassy Dog GroomingBrittany did a wonderful job and makes me feel like my dog Ace was more than just an animal. It was very inviting and comfortable. Recommend her to any one who loves their dog.
- Standifer Animal ClinicNever coming back. I feel Dr. Houston has tried to up sell me on treatments and services for the last two years. At first I chalked it up to a new relationship with a new vet. This annual visit I was hit with unexpected expenses. OVER $400 for annual visits for two dogs. I did not receive any of the documentation for the shots. No tags either. So I trust they were done. The grooming staff has changed for the worse over the last two years. My golden retriever who loves everybody would not get out of the car this morning! When I picked them up they were antsy. I had to endure the snide comments from the grooming staff about the behavior of my dogs. (Funny, same dogs. The groomers have changed.) The dogs were brought to me and it was obvious they hadn't had a chance to relieve themselves all day! When I clean up after my dogs, I asked for a trash can to dispose of my dogs waste. I got filthy looks from the front office staff! The front office staff called the wrong number all day. Even after repeated corrections throughout the day. When I called to question the unexpected charges, the front office staff said, "I've got someone outside, I'll call you right back." No problem. Thirty minutes later, I called back. I was on hold for over 5 minutes. When all the work is done over the phone. Clarity is important. When I final spoke with Dr. Houston I was foul. She did not deserve the raised voice and angry tone. The bath for the golden retriever was done right. The shots were given. The annual physicals were conducted. The COVID protocols are appropriate. However, we will not use this clinic again. James Truesdell Homewood A
- FANCY FUR PET GROOMING & BOUTIQUEHorrible! Dirty employees! Mean to pets, like a jail for pets!! Owner is a liar and a crook. Stay far away!
- Ms Maria's GroomingWe get our dog groomed every six weeks. She was a local recommendation. We have a Bichon. ?She gives him a bath, grooms him, does his nails. ?She pampers him a bit, well a lot. We have to make an appointment to see her. ?She is very busy. You set a time and she shows up. ?She calls you the day before and reminds you. ?Curly thinks she's pretty cool. ?He is always happy when he comes back. ?We have used her for two years and Curly has an appointment in six weeks
- Riverview Animal ClinicThe wait is usually 10 minutes at the most. The vet took a special interest in my pet that we had put down. They are wonderful veterinarians that deeply care about the pets and they are very professional.
- Camp ScottyThe owner and staff are always friendly, helpful and genuine toward our pets. They really care, get involved and develop personal relationships with the animals. I like the fact that we can check on the dogs using their live camera feeds.
- Galleria Animal ClinicThis is the best vet ever. If you want someone who will love your animals and treat you with deep respect, then Dr. Borden is right for you. His location is 45 minutes from our home, but we have stuck with him for 10 years because he offers such good care to our animals and loves them so much.
- Adorable Cuts Pet Salonthey were very attentive and loving to my baby. I liked them for the care they gave and the grooming and will use again.
- FANCY FUR PET GROOMING & BOUTIQUEMy dog has skin allergies and she is very able to work with them. She always lets me know if there are any issues; they are very nice and the price is reasonable.
- POLLY'S PET PARLORIt is clean, convenient, and the girl that works there is courteous. They are really good and reasonable.
Pet Groomers in Helena-West Helena
- Business Description:Helena Vet Clinic is a companion animal clinic located in Helena, AL. We offer complete canine and feline wellness programs, prescription diets, surgery, medicine and dentistry. We also offer ultrasound examinations as well as digital computerized radiology for advanced diagnostic procedureRecent Review:The entire staff was great! Very kind and informative! Kept us up to date on our furbaby being there for the dental and her shots. Professional and answered all our questions.janet p.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoinRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks MatthewTyrone G.
- Business Description:Standifer's Animal Clinic delivers service and compassion to pets and their people.Recent Review:Never coming back. I feel Dr. Houston has tried to up sell me on treatments and services for the last two years. At first I chalked it up to a new relationship with a new vet. This annual visit I was hit with unexpected expenses. OVER $400 for annual visits for two dogs. I did not receive any of the documentation for the shots. No tags either. So I trust they were done. The grooming staff has changed for the worse over the last two years. My golden retriever who loves everybody would not get out of the car this morning! When I picked them up they were antsy. I had to endure the snide comments from the grooming staff about the behavior of my dogs. (Funny, same dogs. The groomers have changed.) The dogs were brought to me and it was obvious they hadn't had a chance to relieve themselves all day! When I clean up after my dogs, I asked for a trash can to dispose of my dogs waste. I got filthy looks from the front office staff! The front office staff called the wrong number all day. Even after repeated corrections throughout the day. When I called to question the unexpected charges, the front office staff said, "I've got someone outside, I'll call you right back." No problem. Thirty minutes later, I called back. I was on hold for over 5 minutes. When all the work is done over the phone. Clarity is important. When I final spoke with Dr. Houston I was foul. She did not deserve the raised voice and angry tone. The bath for the golden retriever was done right. The shots were given. The annual physicals were conducted. The COVID protocols are appropriate. However, we will not use this clinic again. James Truesdell Homewood AJim T.
- Business Description:Feline only clinic offering veterinary services (wellness, preventive, illness, and business hours emergency) plus boarding, grooming, and dental in a stress-free environment (no barking dogs!). A caring staff who treats your cats as we would treat our ownRecent Review:My cat had chronic kidney failure. He was a rescue and I only had him for a month when I found out that he was terminally ill. The staff at Metro tested and treated him to help me give him a comfortable and good quality of life for almost a year and 5 months. If I hadn't followed their protocol, he would have died much sooner and I wouldn't have had the opportunity to get to know this very special catAmy S.
- Recent Review:Bath and grooming + shave for two larges dogs - love, love the shave but a few places just a bit uneven otherwise great job and shedding is now minimal!Karen J.
- Business Description:VeterinarianRecent Review:Reasonably priced. They listen to what you request. They work with you. Real nice veterinarian, and the employees seem nice. It is a nice atmosphere. Before I took my dog in, some one had dumped a cat in my yard and it was messed up in one eye, took the cat there and they had it turned around quickRoland G.
- Business Description:For almost 30 years our buisness has been taking care of pets and pet owners thru one basic mission: "Helping dogs thru educating people." All of our programs are founded on that principal. We offer 3 types of training: owner (group classes and private lessons), dog (bootcamp, intensive daycare), combination of the first 2 (mini-bootcamp). Any of our programs will give you a well trainined dog. If you need help deciding which fits you best bring your pup over for an assesment. We having train..Recent Review:Do NOT take your dogs to CDT in Homewood. (this review does not apply to the other location, although it is the same people who own it) This place is not sanitary. The workers leave dogs in pee and poop filled kennels for hours before they are cleaned. The dogs don't go outside from 4pm to 7am the next day. So if you are boarding your dog, there is a long period of time before they will get to go outside. They have had 2 cases of kennel cough since spring break, and have still been using the same sponge to clean all of the dog bowls. Ever since I worked there for 2 months, they have not changed the sponge, despite the fact that I requested several times for a new sponge to be used. If your dog is having a health issue while boarding, the workers will not tell you about it if they don't think it's serious. There are dogs who get incredibly sick either from stress or other health problems that result in blood in the vomit and/or stool. The only thing they do is take the dogs food and water away and don't let them outside. The dogs water bowls are only checked at 7am and then again at 4pm. So your dog may be going without water for any number of hours between those times and the workers will ignore it. The bowls are only cleaned once per day, so if your dog is boarding for several days, there's a very good chance that they'll have the same bowl of water over the course of their stay. They have a major rat problem there, so often times there is rat feces in the water bowls. The dogs are left alone all night with the rats, which your dogs could be eating over night, making them very sick and possibly catching diseases. The workers do not have first aid training, so if your dog chokes on the mulch that is outside in the play area, then they are told to "look up an instructional video" to help the choking dog. They don't pay attention to what the dogs are doing because they're too busy on their phones to care. So if your dog poops mulch (very bad for his digestive system) then it's because they were eating it from the play area. There are also several dogs who eat poop, so if your dog has that habit, it's probably only getting worse because they think they're allowed to do it while staying there. When the dogs are playing outside, they are sometimes not given water for several hours due to certain dogs not liking the water hose. So if your dog freaks out about water hoses, there is a good chance that they're outside without any water for up to an hour and a half. I have witnessed a coworker giving the wrong dog her medicine. There were 2 black dogs named Lola, and one of them was given the others medicine. Once that realization was made, still nothing was done about it. If your dog is not good with other dogs, they are set as "individuals" where they play by themselves. These dogs are only getting 10 minutes outside to play, and then they get 10 minutes inside to play. The other dogs never have to resort to the inside play group. They are supposed to have another 10 minutes to play but are usually skipped because the workers want to go home early. So if your dog is boarding over the weekend and they're not good with other dogs, then they're only getting about 20 minutes of outside time every day while the other dogs get over 2 hours. The weekend hours are different, so all of the play groups are shortened and the dogs are left alone for a lot longer than they normally would be. Their medicine is put in pill pockets in their food. If the dog doesn't voluntarily eat the pill pockets, then that dog will not be getting their medicine that day. The dogs only have access to their food for a couple hours a day. So if your dog is a grazer and doesn't eat all of their food at once then they will be eating very little over the course of their stay. The kennels are painted very poorly, paint is always chipping off the walls, usually because dogs are chewing it off. Especially puppies love to find something to chew on. So you can pretty much guarantee that your dog is eating paint during the hours that they're in their kennels. Workers regularly spray dogs in the face with Bitter Apple spray. This spray is supposed to be used for dogs that have problems chewing their fur, and is not meant to be sprayed in the eyes or nose of the dogs, but they are regularly sprayed in the face if they are barking in their kennels. If there are a lot of dogs there, like over spring break, there is a good chance that your dog got skipped for certain play groups simply because of the workers not writing lists correctly/not knowing which dogs are there. There are several dogs who stay there for free, simply because they are friendly with the owners. There is one dog who is living there, while the owner has to pay $1,200 a month for her to do that. Unless you provide toys or bedding for your dog, they will be left in the kennel with absolutely nothing. Sometimes without even a water bowl. If you request for your dog to be given a bath, they will usually bathe the dogs very early in the day to get it out of the way. Once they're bathed, they are not allowed back outside and their food and water bowls are taken away. So if you dropped your dog off at 8am to be picked up around 5pm, there's a good chance that your dog hasn't been outside or had food or water since about 10am. If you pay extra for your dog to have outside training and obtain a green report card, it is guaranteed that your dog was not actually trained and the workers are just putting random answers on the green report cards. I could honestly go on and on but hopefully if you have read this far then that's enough reason to keep your dog as far away from this place as possible. The owners just want your money, they don't care about the dogs well being. They don't care about the opinions of their employeesLaura G.
- Business Description:Xpress Concierge has between 1-4 employees. Sub-contracting is optional. We have been in business since 2013.
- Business Description:Dr. Chase Whitworth and his staff are dedicated to providing all pets with compassionate, high quality care in a family friendly environment. Patton Chapel Animal Clinic provides a full service companion animal hospital with an emphasis on excellence, compassion, and client education, offering a wide range of services including routine preventive care for young, healthy pets; early detection and treatment of diseases in aging pets; and complete medical and surgical care for pets at any stage ..Recent Review:I dropped her off in the morning and had her check-up done when I picked her up in the afternoon. They all seem to interact with her well.Henry C.
- Business Description:Camp Scotty is a Home Away from Home for your pets! We provide kennel services, boarding, grooming, training and exercise! We specialize in T.L.C.!Recent Review:The owner and staff are always friendly, helpful and genuine toward our pets. They really care, get involved and develop personal relationships with the animals. I like the fact that we can check on the dogs using their live camera feedsAnne G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful pet groomer articles
Geothermal energy, radiant heat and solar heat are three of five unique, but effective, options to heat your home. Find out which one works best for your home.
Matted fur can be detrimental to a cat's health. Learn from a professional pet groomer how often you should groom your cat and what kind of tools you need.
Find dog groomers in
- Indian Springs
- Vestavia Hills
- Shoal Creek
- Cahaba Heights
- Mountain Brook
dog groomers in Helena-West Helena
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 280 Animal Medical Center9689 Highway 55
- 280 Animal Medical Center
- Baths Barks & Bubbles Pet Spa430 14th Street South
- Baths Barks & Bubbles Pet Spa
- Cahaba Mountain Brook Animal Clinic3190 Cahaba Heights Rd
- Cahaba Valley Animal Clinic2209 Cahaba Valley Dr
- CALDWELL MILL ANIMAL CLINIC5196 Caldwell Mill Rd
- Camp Scotty2785 Pelham Pkwy.
- Carson Road Pet Clinic2332 Carson Rd
- COMPANION VETERINARIAN CLINIC4690 HWY 17
- CREATIVE DOG TRAINING INC3190 CAHABA HEIGHTS RD
- Cahaba Mountain Brook Animal Clinic
- Lee's Veterinary Hospital Inc2126 2nd Ave NW
- Lee's Veterinary Hospital Inc
- Nall Daniels Animal Hospital2829 Central Ave
- Nall Daniels Animal Hospital
- VCA Becker Animal Hospital1901 27th Ave S
- VCA Becker Animal Hospital
- Xpress ConciergeP.O. Box 310712
- Xpress Concierge