Wood And Spooner

With Angi since July 2008

502 Montgomery Hwy Ste 201

Birmingham, AL 35216

Dr. Wood who started the practice in 1980, and Dr Spooner who joined her in 1998 share a common vision of providing comprehensive dental care supported by an ongoing commitment to the study of current dental research, technology and techniques. Our portfolio of services is designed to support the individual needs of patients of all ages. Additional email - info@woodandspooner.com. http://www.abgd.org/docs/verification.htm....

06/25/2015

Forrest A.

They are using a new cutting edge device that actually measures, grinds, cleans, fires, and polishes the new crown in their treatment area. The device uses a cad-cam system that lets them see and manipulate the area where the old crown was located (the system is to complex for me go into details). You will just have to view the process, while your new crown is being made. You don't have to wear a temporary crown. As with any other dental practice you always had to wait while a third party vendor, at an off site location, was making the new crown. Then you had to return to their office to make sure it fit and if it didn't, guess what, you had to wait to have it sent back to be redone. Also, if the color didn't match it had to go back to be reworked. I highly recommend Dr. Wood and her staff to anyone. I want to thank the entire practice of Drs. Wood and Spooner for staying out front, with new technology and processes in the dental industry. I thank their administrative staff for being so professional and caring, while working with scheduling, billing, filing insurance, and follow-up.

Description of Work
(1) Replacement of an old crown.

Category endodontics,dentists,cosmetic dentist

02/24/2015

Tammy L.

This has been the best dental appointment I have ever had, they provide excellent service with attention to detail.The staff and Dr. Spooner were very professional and did outstanding work. If you are a new person coming to the area this is the dentist you should see. They will do an excellent job the first time. On a scale of 1to 10 I would give them a 12. This office should be training other people about customer service and quality work.

Description of Work
Dental Work.

12/04/2014

joni H.

It was fine the last time. They're friendly, courteous and professional. The location is far from me but that's okay. I would recommend them to a friend because they don't hurt me. They just do really good work. They're very meticulous about their work.

Description of Work
I had a crown done a couple of weeks ago.

06/17/2014

bradley V.

always friendly and professional. the only thing is that they don't take insurance, they will file the claim but you pay up front.

Description of Work
routine cleaning.

06/12/2014

Julia R.

She is nice, fair and honest. She is super professional.

Description of Work
Dr. Spooner is our dentist. We have been going to her for over ten years.

09/19/2013

Becky C.

Dr. Melanie Spooner is a gentle, careful, and highly qualified dentist who repaired my tooth fracture in a high quality manner. She took time and care to repair my tooth with an excellent outcome. Her staff is outstanding.

Description of Work
Annual Dental Exam and fractured tooth repair; Dr. Melanie Spooner has an excellent approach to patients.

08/12/2013

Linda C.

I received a new patient gift in the mail days before my appointment. That was a first. On the appointment date I was welcomed into the office and was seen immediately. Dr. Wood was extremely thorough with her exam after my teeth were expertly cleaned. She discussed my options in detail and we decided on our treatment plan. Within a week, my teeth were as white as new! Next she will replace a discolored crown....then on to the several cavities she found. I have finally found my new dentist ! Her charges for treatment were totally reasonable. I then received a personal thank you note for becoming a new patient. I can't say enough about Dr. Wood's professionalism and great demeanor.

Description of Work
I needed a general check up along with some minor cosmetic work.

05/09/2013

LINDA B.

It went very well. It's usually Dr. Wood that I use. I think she's a very good dentist, she seems to keep up with the latest things in dentistry as far as I can tell, I've been very impressed with that practice. The staff is friendly and the office is really nice and clean. They try to tell me to get x-rays more than I think I need to make sure you're following the dental guidelines.

Description of Work
I go to Wood And Spooner for dentistry services. My last appointment was 6 months ago for check up and cleaning.

03/26/2013

Craig W.

They were very professional and very good. We have been using them for a long time, and I am very pleased with their service.

Description of Work
I used Wood And Spooner for dental service.

10/30/2012

Forrest A.

Our whole family uses Dr. Wood and Spooner. I have used Dr. Wood for 30+ years. Having had a bad experience with another local dentist, I decided to see Dr. Wood. From the beginning, she diagnosed and corrected a number of problems the previous dentist had overlooked. I cannot begin to tell you how pleased the whole family is with the practice. We all have seen Dr. Spooner at times, and she is also excellent. We would not even consider going elsewhere! Drs. Wood and Spooner both have a very professional, comforting demeanor, and explain all facets of the required procedures very well. We have always felt we have the best dentists available anywhere in the country!

Description of Work
Husband's follow-up on previous cleaning appointment to replace 2 old fillings, and do other repairs, along with a consult to recommend an orthodonist.

Dentistry - General
    Dentistry - Cosmetic
    Dentistry - Root Canals/Endodontics
    Dentistry - TMJ
    Dentistry - Dentures/Prosthodontics
    Dentistry - Orthodontics
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available

Preventive care, fillings, whitening, cosmetic bonding, dental sealants, dental implants, custom dentures, nightguards, porcelain crowns & veneers, reconstructive dentistry, sedation dentistry, sportsguards & TMJ/TMD.