S M THORNTON LANDSCAPES

Founded 1989 • With Angi since July 2006

We are a complete design and installation landscaping company. We contract one job at a time and complete each job one at a time. Upon request, we will supply each prospective customer with an extensive list of references and photographs of work completed by our company. We work in the greater Birmingham area including Shelby, St. Clair, and Blount counties. We provide residential landscaping exclusively, and we do not contract with anyone other than the home owner....

ALABAMA PROFESSIONAL SERVICE INC

ALABAMA PROFESSIONAL SERVICE INC

Founded in 1977 and in its third generation as a family run business, Alabama Professional Services, Inc., is now one of the largest pest control and crawl space contractor companies in Alabama. By following through on a promise of excellent customer service, quality installations, and industry leading products, Craig Williams, President of Alabama Professional Services, Inc., and his company are constantly growing, establishing themselves in a position at the very top of their industry.

07/23/2020

We consulted with Markus on our landscape project where he came over in person multiple times and helped give us ideas on our project. He was thorough in his vision and although we ultimately went in another direction, his professionalism and attention to detail was reflected in his bid and advice that he provided. We would continue to shortlist and consider him in future projects.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
landscape project

07/11/2020

This was a fantastic experience! Steve evaluated my yard, did soil samples, and made recommendations--which worked. He later came back and installed shrubs, then came back and treated them when they needed it. I would highly recommend him for any project.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping

12/28/2019

Quite pleased with the results. Steve is very detailed oriented and has excellent engineering skills. His crew is dedicated to doing quality work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping including hardscape

CATEGORY landscaping,hardscaping

05/22/2019

He never showed up to give an estimate despite setting appointments. This makes me feel his company is not reliable and I would not recommend utilizing this company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Patio installation

CATEGORY landscaping

My apologies to this Angie's List member. While it is true that we never were able to confirm a mutually agreeable time to meet and discuss this member's project, I did respond to his requests promptly and professionally. Therefore his review of our company's professionalism and our promptness are baseless. Regarding our price, there was never any quote or work completed with this member so any re...

04/11/2019

I had some existing landscaping that was in need of help. Steve Thornton came to give me a quote and I knew right then he was the man for the job. There were bushes in the existing landscape that were overgrown for the space. Instead of digging them up and throwing them out, Steve suggested placing them in another place in my yard that would better accommodate their size and growth habits. I love ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
revamping old existing landscaping

CATEGORY landscaping,mulch

Thank you so much. We enjoyed meeting and working with you. I look forward to seeing you again and helping you with the pruning. You have been a blessing to us.

With the one exception of weekly lawn maintenance, we offer a complete line of landscape services from residential design and master planning to installation of every kind of plant material (landscape and garden ornamentals, trees, grasses, sod, etc.). We also design and install water features (ponds, waterfalls, fountains, etc.), decorative as well as structural retaining walls, garden walls, decorative paver systems, garden structures (gazebos, pergolas, arbors, etc.)

We do not offer any lawn maintenance (weekly or otherwise) except for the required professional pruning and fertilization of our customer's landscape plants and trees.

Check, PayPal