ETHRIDGE HEATING AND AIR, INC

Alabama
Alabama: HVAC

6259 PARK SOUTH DR STE 101

Bessemer, AL 35022

Ethridge Heating and Air is a local, family-owned and operated company. We have been serving Birmingham and surrounding areas since 2002, when Jamie Ethridge established the company. Jamie personally has over 25 years in the HVAC industry. After working in the industry for several years, Jamie decided to create a company that is focused on personalized service where personal comfort and quality work is of the utmost importance. Throughout that time Ethridge Heating and Air has kept pace by continually working to offer our customers the most effective, energy efficient HVAC, Birmingham, AL has to offer. At Ethridge Heating and Air, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service, quality, and professional employees. All of our employees are experienced, licensed, and insured. We perform extensive background checks and drug screenings to ensure you work with the best in the industry. We offer financing for new installations....

HVAC Companies (122)air duct cleaning (7)

08/20/2019

Dale J.

They called to say Andrew was on his way. He arrived soon after that. He immediately got to work and told me what the problem was and explained what would be done. He let me know about my HVAC overall health and explained the upcoming 2020 EPA changes to freon used by my unit. I will not hesitate to call on Ethridge again. I'm very happy with their work.

Description of Work
AC went out - the capacitor had to be replaced

Work Completed On 08/20/2019

07/13/2019

Clint B.

They never contacted me after I left a detailed message telling them what I wanted done.

Description of Work
Clean A/C outside coil.

Work Completed On 07/13/2019

Thanks for the feedback. We have record of your request for maintenance on your AC unit. We also have record of our response to you quickly after your request. We don't see the customer side of Angie's list so I'm not sure why you didn't see our response. If you would like to continue the conversation or are still in need of maintenance, please call our office or respond here. If you do respond here, please monitor your account for our response.

07/10/2019

Ohana H.

Very professional. Provided an honest assessment of HVAC system.

Description of Work
Maintenance

Work Completed On 07/05/2019

06/01/2019

Dewayne J.

Got financed all was set to go. The day they were to start they didn't show up. Called and they said they couldn't do the job. Left me high and dry. Would never call them again

Description of Work
Heating and air new install

Work Completed On 04/09/2021

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed]. We are sorry this happened. The details of what happened are not clear as this was almost two years ago. We specialize in fixing your A/C fast. If one needs replaced, we can do that fast too. Looking back at the job details, this was a 5-8 day construction project, which we don’t even do in the busy season as it would prevent us from being able to do what we specialize in, fast service and repairs for customers. This should have been communicated to you up front, before you wasted your time arranging it with us. We are in the practice of making this clear out of respect for your time. We are so sorry this happened. Being a couple of years ago, on a job we didn’t do, it’s unclear what happened but we will be sure to make sure to communicate better! Thanks Thor your feedback!

04/17/2019

Thomas S.

Very pleased...I was called in advance of my service window to advise the tech was on his way. He arrived within 10 minutes and I showed him the thermostat and the unit to be serviced. He went right to work and checked the unit in the crawl space. Then he checked the condenser to ensure there were no cooling leaks and cleaned the unit. The tech was very polite and extremely professional. I had used Ethridge last year when I had an issue and was pleased, That is why I chose them again. Daniel did a great job!

Description of Work
Spring air conditioner tune-up

Work Completed On 04/16/2019

02/12/2019

ELAINE C.

I have been using Ethridge for at least 12 years. We have a maintenance contract with them so I see their technicians at least twice a year and it has been the same knowledgeable guys every time. When Daniel said last Friday that my heat pump was going out I knew they were the only ones I would trust to do the job so I did not think about trying to get a cheaper price elsewhere. My confidence in them increased when the same lead installer arrived at my house to do the job who had been at my house probably 5 years ago to install a thermastat. Daniel had forwarned Billie my job was not going to be easy because the old heat pump to be replaced was in the attic. Billie came in with the most positive attitude and he had remembered being at my house. They stayed late to finish the job up. When they left he and his team left everything clean. I could not have ask for a more competent crew to do this job. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replace heat pump

Work Completed On 02/12/2019

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! That really means a lot to us! We’re glad you had a pleasant experience. Thank you for being such a great and long time customer!

11/26/2018

Bob W.

Fantastic. Submitted a request via AL Sunday morning expecting to be called back Monday. Got call about 3pm asking if I still needed service that day. Inquired if there was an extra service charge for Sunday and told no and the fee would be waived if they made the repair. Technician (Daniel) was there within an hour, diagnosed the problem and had it corrected inside of an hour. Fantastic service. Will use again. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Heating unit went out the Sunday after Thanksgiving

Work Completed On 11/25/2018

11/19/2018

Wayne S.

Work was done promptly and efficiently

Description of Work
Routine annual heating service

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

07/23/2018

Scott D.

Ethridge did a excellent job at a competitive price. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Installed new HVAC - two units.

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

07/16/2018

Thomas S.

Spoke with Mr. Ethridge first thing Monday. He was able to send a tech out between 10-12. Andrew arrived on the early side of my window and was able to diagnose the source of the problem within the first five minutes. Fortunately for us, it was an inexpensive fix as he found a wire had come off the condensation pump. He properly reattached the wire and the condensation motor started as soon as the breaker reset itself. Another less reputable company could have told me I needed a new unit. Ethridge and Andrew just became my AC contractor!

Description of Work
Downstairs air conditioning unit shutdown Sunday night.

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

06/16/2018

Chanel H.

Prompt and professional service and technician. Price was reasonable.

Description of Work
HVAC service

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

06/06/2018

Kathy P.

went well, very professional and according to time lines

Description of Work
Replace HV/AC unit

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

03/16/2018

Beth O.

Daniel with Ethridge is extremely friendly and professional. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Service agreement on hvac units

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 03/16/2018

11/14/2017

Michael S.

Well, both units need some new parts, as expected.

Description of Work
This was inspection & tune up of 2 gas furnaces.

Work Completed On 11/14/2017

11/13/2017

Jonathan H.

Work was completed successfully and on time. The technician showed up early, and actually called ahead to ask if you could be here early. Very professional.

Description of Work
Annual HVAC maintenance

Work Completed On 11/13/2017

11/02/2017

Nancy C.

They were very professional and did exactly what they said they would do and in a timely manner. Haven't really had a chance to use the system yet but so far my husband and I are well pleased.

Description of Work
Just had Etheridge put in a Furnace and AC unit.

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

09/06/2017

Chanel H.

Technician was prompt and thorough.

Description of Work
Service 2 HVAC

Work Completed On 09/27/2017

07/27/2017

Gwen L.

Jeff, the technician, arrived on time and checked the unit. He cleaned the drain line from the unit and dried out the drain pan and inside of unit. He checked the A-coil, found it needed cleaning, and took pictures with his phone to show me the condition. He gave options for different levels of service and provided prices for each so I could decide which to choose. He cleaned the coil and took more pictures to show me the difference. He also added brackets to hold the air filter in place securely. Jeff was thorough, patient, and answered all my questions. After the service, there was a definite improvement in air flow inside the house. I will call them again.

Description of Work
Air conditioner was leaking water into the basement.

Work Completed On 07/19/2017

07/24/2017

Carlton W.

I had called them because I have two heating and A/C units in my home. I have a two story home. One for each level of the house. One of them just stopped cooling all together. We live in Alabama so we have hot weather sometimes even at Thanksgiving. The air conditioning was not cooling at all so I called them to service that. When the man came out to service it. He said there was a leak and the federal regulations prohibited them from fixing any leaks of the refrigerant. The only thing that could be done would be to replace it. I have other people who have had experience with heating and cooling companies tell me that they were given the same story. I never checked it out to see if it is true or not. I just assumed that he was telling was true. The government regulations prohibited them from repair when there was a leak because of environmental concerns. I agreed to purchase a new unit. As they were putting the new unit in, I had purchased from ETHRIDGE just about 3-4 months prior to that. I had to call them on the same unit because the cooling had stopped working. It turned out the reason for that was that the pump, the pump that was supposed to pump off the drainage from the cooling coils had stopped working. So, I had just purchased a $200 pump from them 4 months ago. When they were going through the price for the completely new unit. I said, now does that price include a new pump. The gentlemen said yes, I said I just paid you for a new pump. I was told the pump was supposed to last 10+ years. He said ok, we will take that off the bill. That sounded fair to me. So, when the guys finished installing the unit. I looked over the paperwork, There was nothing on it that said that they had taken the price of the pump off. When I asked the guy that was in charge of installing it, he said no we charged you for a pump. I said you charged me for a new pump. I went down and looked because I had marked on the underneath side of the pump that I had purchased a couple of months earlier. The mark was still there. I said you charged me for a new pump, you did not put a new pump on there. That is the same pump I had. We had agreed, the agreement was that I would not be charged for a new pump because I had just purchased that recently. I had the estimate written out that clearly said I would not be charged for the pump. I showed it to the installer, who had already lied to me by saying he put a new pump on when he had not. He said it is already installed, I can not take it off. I said, I am not asking you to take the pump off. I am asking you to take the price of the pump off because you did not put a new one for one thing and because it is in the estimate here that I would not be charged for it. He said I am not allowed to do that. I said what do you mean, you have already lied to me about putting a new pump on when you didn't. What do you mean that you can not take off the price of the pump that you did not put on off of the cost of the unit. I said you wait here and I called the company. When I talked to the company, they said that the man who had come out and given me the estimate wasn't in the office and they did not have the paperwork with them so they could see what I was talking about on the estimate. I thought that was very strange. They sent a crew out with the equipment to install it and yet they did not have the paperwork for that. I am not in the heating and air conditioning business but I found that to be hard to believe. I said even if you don't have the paper. Your installer told me he put a new pump on and he didn't. That was the same pump on there when he showed up. I should not be charged for a pump that did not get put in. Secondly, it was part of our agreement on our estimate that I would not be charged the $200. I should not have been charged $200 for a new pump when I had just purchased one 4 months before. Surely, you can find the paperwork for that pump. The lady said just a minute. She came back and said yes I see where we had come out and we had replaced your pump. I said, okay, you see where I just purchased a new pump recently. So I did not need another one. So, that price should some off. She said well, we do not give credit for old equipment. I said old equipment, It is less than 3 months old and it came from you. It is the exact same pump that you said that you would put on the new system. So, you are saying a pump that should last over 10 years and it is only 3 months old is old enough that you are saying that you are supposed to replace it. She said well Jimmy or whoever supposedly the manager of the office was not there so she could not say anything about that right then. Meanwhile, the guys that installed it, it is getting to be about 6:00, they want to go home. But they are not supposed to leave until they get paid. I am not about to pay them. I offered to pay them the price minus the cost of the pump. No, they had to have the full price including the pump before they could leave. I finally said, I don't care if you sleep out there all night. I am not paying for that pump. Then I get a call about an hour or two later from the guy who came out and gave me the estimate. He tried to tell me that I misunderstood. I said misunderstood, it is in your handwriting right here that you will use the pump that is present and not charge me for a new pump. He finally said that he would come on out and what he tried to do was give me a used pump and go ahead and have me pay the full price. Is said no, Why would I want another pump when I have a perfectly good one down there. I don't want to pay for the pump. So finally, he took the price of the pump off and I paid for it but I don't plan on using them anymore.

Description of Work
They installed a new cooling unit.

Work Completed On 10/01/2016

Thank you for the feedback. We are unaware of any services performed for a customer by this name. We are located in the Birmingham, AL area. This address is in TN. Perhaps this review was meant for another service provider? If we are missing a vital piece if information linking your review to a service we did perform somehow for you in Alabama, please make us aware of the issue and I assure you we will make any corrections to beyond your expectations. Also, we see where you gave us a separate review with an "A". We appreciate that but still, we have no record of performing any service for you in Tennessee as we are in the Birmingham, AL area. I would love to clear up any issues there may be. If this was in error, please correct at your convenience. Thank you!

07/12/2017

lincoln B.

ok. wonder if I was ripped off. Is black inside furnace (he cut a square out) mean mold? Will blue light cure it?

Description of Work
check AC, found mold, put in blue light and added refridgerant

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

06/14/2017

Kevin B.

Was very impressed with the whole process. Daniel was a great technician, very professional, knowledgeable and polite. Can't say enough good about Daniel and Ethridge as a whole. I'll be a customer for life.

Description of Work
Called Ethridge on a Tuesday afternoon, the came out early Wednesday afternoon. Promised a 1-3pm window, they called before coming and arrived a little before 1pm. Found the problem, fixed it quickly and cleaned up after. The a/c fan and capacitor needs to be replaced.

Work Completed On 06/14/2017

06/09/2017

Christina R.

Very nice; identified a problem with the a/c and will be looking into getting that fixed through my warranty but was a good experience overall

Description of Work
Checking A/C units

Work Completed On 06/09/2017