Don't waste your money on extremely cheap products during a home improvement project. Remodeling contractors know: buying good materials is worth the cost.
Find top home improvement stores in Nikiski, AK
There are 1 top-rated home improvement stores in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Hardware Store Reviews in Nikiski
- Lowe's Home ImprovementI like everything about them. They are really helpful and they ask if I need any help. If I do need help, they give it to me. They are convenient and the parking lot is easy to get into. The store is clean. I will always go to them.
- LOWE'SThey did well. They came, they measured, and when they came to install, there was something not quite right, so they had to have it remade. That was a bonus, because had we done it ourselves, we would be responsible for anything that didn't fit, because they had come and measured. It would have been good, if it would have been a little faster. They were getting it from the factory, but they mixed up the order, and delivered somebody else's things to us, and that delayed it by a few days. We had shopped around, and theirs was the best deal that we got
- HOME DEPOT INCThey did a great job on handling ordering issues for me. The customer service department is excellent. They also delivered the windows and doors to my home. I asked them to bring them around to the back of my home and they did without hesitation.
- LOWE'SThey were interesting and did a nice job. They had tiles with pretty reasonable prices. The purchase was pretty good. I would use them again in the future.
- ALASKA INDUSTRIAL HARDWARE INCIn April, I purchased a sump pump kit ($250) and installed a french drain system in the crawl space of my home. We connected the system to the sump pump kit, replaced the vapor barrier and tested the "system" (poured water into the sump pump barrel and plugged it in). The pump kicked in and the water was "sucked" out. With little or no rain in May, June and July, the system did not "kick-on". After a few weeks of rain in August, I started noticing a "musty smell" in the house. We decided to go into the crawl space and make sure the pump was working properly. The sand underneath the vapor barrier seemed "cold" so we pulled back the vapor barrier and realized that the sand was "somewhat saturated". We unplugged the sump pump and pulled off the top of the sump pump "barrel" and found about a foot and a half of standing water. After testing the pump several times, we pulled the pump and realized that the seal had "blown". We removed it and returned to AIH with the purchase paperwork and the pump. After looking at the paperwork, the clerk explained that they would not be able to replace it because AIH had a 30 day return policy. After discussing the issue with the store manager (Josh Sieler), he explained that he would have to discuss it with the distributor and would place a call to them the next day. I wanted it resolved immediately and discussed my dilemma with him. (although AIH didn't know I was prepared to buy another one, if they would not replace the one I had (up to about $200)). He took the pump into the back of the store (to check it out) and contact the distributor. While he was gone, I looked on the shelf at the numerous sump pumps ranging from $100 and up, I looked at the one included in the kit, and buying it separately would cost me $369. (YIKES) Apparently, he called the distriutor and received a negative response because he returned and opened a new kit, removed the new sump pump and gave it to me. KUDOS to him for doing the right thing
- Fasteners & Fire Equipment CoIt is a hardware stores and they specialize in unique parts not easily found in other places. Every time I have gone to them needing a specific fastener or a screw they have had it. Their pricing is very reasonable. They know how to find everything and give me the items I need almost instantly.
- LOWE'SWe went to Lowe's, had them come out, measure the windows and their guys installed it. We were happy with them, they did a great job, no complaints. I would recommend anybody use them, they have excellent product and provide an excellent service.
- Mat-Su MillworksThey were right on time. They helped us fit the doors in. There was no problem with them. They are a little more expensive than Lowe’s or Home Depot but we like them and it was worth it.
- VALLEY BLOCK & CONCRETEI told the driver to go really easy on the pour as I had an upright stantion 10 feet tall which was five feet into a 24" sonotube and I did not wish to displace the true centering of the stantion which was braced true to level in all directions with bracing. He over did the flow of concrete and it really p***** me off as after four feet of concrete was immediately dumped (which was way too fast) the stantion was then hit by the conrete chute due to the driver hitting the wrong hydraulic lever (and the concrete chute slammed into the stantion), there was no way we could position the stantion true to center to the sonotube with the weight and mass of the concrete at that time. My bracing was all knocked loose and it was everything we could do to get the stantion true to level again although it was not true to the center of the sonotube. Now I have to live with the d*** thing level but not true to the center of the sonotube and it galls my a** that the driver did that to my project. Then to top it all off the driver gives me a menu for a new restaurant that his wife is opening up and wants me to visit. I think not. I would use them again but pray that I did not get the same driver
- Spenard Builders Supply IncThey are a long-established company. They were professional and knew what they were doing. They got the measurements right. They had a list of contractors who carried out the work from which I picked one. The prices were not the best but I was very satisfied with their service.
Home Improvement Stores in Nikiski
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Appliancezone.com is a leading on-line retailer of appliance parts and accessories for do-it-yourself homeowners. Incorporated in 2008, it was started by CEO, Jim Allen and his wife Paula, who operated an appliance repair business for nearly fourteen years prior to starting the internet company Appliance ZoneRecent Review:This is the first online review I've ever written -- my experience with this company was that bad. Three aspects that deserve attention: 1) I placed an order and tried to cancel six minutes later. Turns out they don't accept cancellations. 2) I couldn't find a phone number, so I had to work the return/refund by email. The exchange was painful -- so unhelpful I felt like I was interacting with a bad chatbot. 3) I ended up eating shipping costs (expected) and got hit for a 50% restocking fee (unexpected) because I refused the package instead of paying to ship it back. Didn't matter that it went to the correct address, was clearly labeled, and had prior return authorization. So I ended up with a $21 refund on a $60 order, and a lesson learned about where not to buy appliance partsTyson A.
- Business Description:Established since 2008 with over 18 years of professional experience. We are a family owned business, and we are proud of the growth we have made over the past decade. All Wood Floors has grown to its current status through the loyalty of our customers. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and dedication. This is what keeps our customers coming back time and time again. Our experience spans from installation of hardwood flooring to hardwood floor refinishing. We also have expert knowledg..Recent Review:In and out in 2 days. Quality very good. Relatively little dust. Baseboards not removed, so minor paint touch-up in a few locations afterwards where sander touched; but we knew that going in and not a problem.Ralph W.
- Business Description:BrickHouse Security is a diversified security company promoting leading-edge technology to make peoples' lives safer and more convenient. Our clients include Federal and state law enforcement agencies, Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, families, and individuals. Our clients all have one thing in common; the need for leading-edge security. We are here to provide security solutions that will alleviate our clients concerns. Our customer facing e-commerce site is the top-ranked security ..Recent Review:One of these pieces of equipment had a monthly subscription fee attached. My employee told them to not activate the monthly fee, but it was. We missed noticing the charge for several months. That was our fault. However, when I contacted Brickhouse, the customer service rep refunded 2 months of the fee. Then I wrote the company and they refunded the remaining monthly fees. They could see from the records that we had not utilized the service for which the fee was being charged, so they acted in our best interest and realized that it makes more sense to have a happy customer, going forwardAngela P.
- Business Description:Central Plumbing & Heating is an Alaskan family owned and operated company; proudly serving the greater Anchorage area since 1959. We offer four departments to help with all of your plumbing and heating needs. Visit our...Kitchen & Bath Showroom, Fireplace & Heating Showroom, Service & Installation, DIY Parts Counter. We can help you with, “Everything AND the kitchen sink”Recent Review:They are very polite. They take care of your home. They are very careful to not get dirt and such in it. If they are lacking a part, they make a call and someone drives it over, so there is no need for a return service necessary for something like that. They are kind of spendy, but they are worth it. They are on my call listJoe D.
- Business Description:We are a soundproofing supply company, we provide and recommend product for your application. Applications: home, basements, ceilings, garage conversion to music practice, and commercial applications.
- Business Description:Additional DBA - Builders Millwork Supply.Recent Review:PERFECT - they replaced them for FREE under warrantySteve K.
- Business Description:Small business woman owned and minority owned (Native American). We do all kinds of work. Call for details
- Business Description:Builders Bargains is a small woman owned business. There are 8 employees. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express & Cash.Recent Review:<p>I have purchased items from Builders Bargains in the past. When I returned to them for kitchen cabinets and counters I did not know that they were no longer under the same owner. </p> <p>I will never make a purchase like this again without a more thorough screening. </p> <p>The owner kept sending me the wrong cupboard configuration in spite of kitchen measurements. Should have been my 1st sign to stop doing business with them. When plans were finally set the owner and an employee did a horrible rush job so that the owner and family could leave town on vacation. </p> <p>The employee was polite but the owner was rude and acted as if the job was an inconvenience. The cupboard were installed the 1st day. One set of double cupboards was 18 inches shorter than told. They added a small spice cabinet the next day to add storage space but it is not a very functional set-up. </p> <p>The hinges on my corner cabinet make a loud pop every time they are opened and sound like they are about to break. One finally did last week. Less than a year after installation. I complained but they said that is just the way they were. One of my corner cabinets was supposed to be a lazy susan which they did not install. Also, I told them that one of them was for appliances. They didn't even measure well. I have to struggle to get my kitchenaid in and out because the permanently installed shelf is 2 inches too high.<br /> <br /></p> <p>After they left the 1st day of install I went into the kitchen and saw one of the cupboards had about a 3 inch deep scratch in the middle of the cupboard. The next day I showed it to them. The owner said he would take care of it. However, when I left the room I heard him muttering to his employee something about me doing it. I decided to ignore his comment but was glad that they were finishing and would be out of my house that day. </p> <p>THIS IS THE PART THAT BROUGHT US INTO A SMALL CLAIMS COURT ACTION.<br /> <br />The countertops were ordered with a built in backsplash. Before the order the owner came out and measured and I told him that I wanted the same dimensions of countertop and backsplash I had just with the backsplash built in.</p> <p>When the countertop was installed the last 10 inches of the countertop on the peninsula had NO backsplash. I was not happy. My husband and I tried to get them to fix it. They offered to scab a piece on but it would look terrible. </p> <p>We ended up taking them to small claims court in July and the judge found in our favor. They were ordered to removed the counters and refund our money. In hindsight I wish I would have made them remove the whole kitchen. My cupboards are not what I wanted and the trim was never but on the outside of the peninsula even though we asked multiple times. </p> <p>I found a review online of a former employee after our terrible experience. I wish I would have seen it before because the employee pointed out all the problems with the owner that I had just experienced first hand. The review had a response from a "customer". The problem is when she made an account to post a response she made an account and it was Builders Bargains. So when her post went up as a customer it showed that it was the owner. </p> <p>We went to Home Depot to have our countertops re-done. The counters are the same product and we purchased them for less that Builders Bargains.</p> <p><br /></p> <p><br /></p> <br /Ingrid G.
- Business Description:Call (800) 825-ROPE. Here at Pacific Fibre & Rope Co, we take pride in providing the best services and satisfying our customer needs. We specialize in Rope and Cargo Nets Manufacturer, Cargo Nets, Nylon Rope, Exercise Rope Manufacturing, Cargo Net Manufacturer, Rope Manufacturer, Rope Ladder Productio
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home improvement store articles
When you need equipment to complete a home-improvement project, should you buy the new tools, or just rent them for a few hours — or a few days?
hardware stores in Nikiski
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Central Plumbing & Heating Inc212 E International Airport Rd
- Central Plumbing & Heating Inc
- Pacific Fibre & Rope Co903 Flint Ave
- Pacific Fibre & Rope Co
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- Vampire Professional Tools International47 Peters Canyon Rd
- Vampire Professional Tools International
- Workman Construction LLC4228 West Memory Dr
- Workman Construction LLC