Indianapolis water is safe to drink, but that doesn't mean it tastes good or is free of chemicals. Learn how human impact and treatment affect water quality.
Find top home improvement stores in Big Lake, AK
There are 1 top-rated home improvement stores in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Hardware Store Reviews in Big Lake
- LOWE'SThey did well. They came, they measured, and when they came to install, there was something not quite right, so they had to have it remade. That was a bonus, because had we done it ourselves, we would be responsible for anything that didn't fit, because they had come and measured. It would have been good, if it would have been a little faster. They were getting it from the factory, but they mixed up the order, and delivered somebody else's things to us, and that delayed it by a few days. We had shopped around, and theirs was the best deal that we got read less
- Lowe's Home ImprovementI like everything about them. They are really helpful and they ask if I need any help. If I do need help, they give it to me. They are convenient and the parking lot is easy to get into. The store is clean. I will always go to them.
- Fasteners & Fire Equipment CoIt is a hardware stores and they specialize in unique parts not easily found in other places. Every time I have gone to them needing a specific fastener or a screw they have had it. Their pricing is very reasonable. They know how to find everything and give me the items I need almost instantly.
- LOWE'SThey were interesting and did a nice job. They had tiles with pretty reasonable prices. The purchase was pretty good. I would use them again in the future.
- ALASKA INDUSTRIAL HARDWARE INCIn April, I purchased a sump pump kit ($250) and installed a french drain system in the crawl space of my home. We connected the system to the sump pump kit, replaced the vapor barrier and tested the "system" (poured water into the sump pump barrel and plugged it in). The pump kicked in and the water was "sucked" out. With little or no rain in May, June and July, the system did not "kick-on". After a few weeks of rain in August, I started noticing a "musty smell" in the house. We decided to go into the crawl space and make sure the pump was working properly. The sand underneath the vapor barrier seemed "cold" so we pulled back the vapor barrier and realized that the sand was "somewhat saturated". We unplugged the sump pump and pulled off the top of the sump pump "barrel" and found about a foot and a half of standing water. After testing the pump several times, we pulled the pump and realized that the seal had "blown". We removed it and returned to AIH with the purchase paperwork and the pump. After looking at the paperwork, the clerk explained that they would not be able to replace it because AIH had a 30 day return policy. After discussing the issue with the store manager (Josh Sieler), he explained that he would have to discuss it with the distributor and would place a call to them the next day. I wanted it resolved immediately and discussed my dilemma with him. (although AIH didn't know I was prepared to buy another one, if they would not replace the one I had (up to about $200)). He took the pump into the back of the store (to check it out) and contact the distributor. While he was gone, I looked on the shelf at the numerous sump pumps ranging from $100 and up, I looked at the one included in the kit, and buying it separately would cost me $369. (YIKES) Apparently, he called the distriutor and received a negative response because he returned and opened a new kit, removed the new sump pump and gave it to me. KUDOS to him for doing the right thing read less
- Mat-Su MillworksThey were right on time. They helped us fit the doors in. There was no problem with them. They are a little more expensive than Lowe’s or Home Depot but we like them and it was worth it.
- HOME DEPOT INCThey did a great job on handling ordering issues for me. The customer service department is excellent. They also delivered the windows and doors to my home. I asked them to bring them around to the back of my home and they did without hesitation.
- LOWE'SWe went to Lowe's, had them come out, measure the windows and their guys installed it. We were happy with them, they did a great job, no complaints. I would recommend anybody use them, they have excellent product and provide an excellent service.
- VALLEY BLOCK & CONCRETEI told the driver to go really easy on the pour as I had an upright stantion 10 feet tall which was five feet into a 24" sonotube and I did not wish to displace the true centering of the stantion which was braced true to level in all directions with bracing. He over did the flow of concrete and it really p***** me off as after four feet of concrete was immediately dumped (which was way too fast) the stantion was then hit by the conrete chute due to the driver hitting the wrong hydraulic lever (and the concrete chute slammed into the stantion), there was no way we could position the stantion true to center to the sonotube with the weight and mass of the concrete at that time. My bracing was all knocked loose and it was everything we could do to get the stantion true to level again although it was not true to the center of the sonotube. Now I have to live with the d*** thing level but not true to the center of the sonotube and it galls my a** that the driver did that to my project. Then to top it all off the driver gives me a menu for a new restaurant that his wife is opening up and wants me to visit. I think not. I would use them again but pray that I did not get the same driver read less
- Spenard Builders Supply IncThey are a long-established company. They were professional and knew what they were doing. They got the measurements right. They had a list of contractors who carried out the work from which I picked one. The prices were not the best but I was very satisfied with their service.
Home Improvement Stores in Big Lake
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc.. read lessRecent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Appliancezone.com is a leading on-line retailer of appliance parts and accessories for do-it-yourself homeowners. Incorporated in 2008, it was started by CEO, Jim Allen and his wife Paula, who operated an appliance repair business for nearly fourteen years prior to starting the internet company Appliance Zone read lessRecent Review:This is the first online review I've ever written -- my experience with this company was that bad. Three aspects that deserve attention: 1) I placed an order and tried to cancel six minutes later. Turns out they don't accept cancellations. 2) I couldn't find a phone number, so I had to work the return/refund by email. The exchange was painful -- so unhelpful I felt like I was interacting with a bad chatbot. 3) I ended up eating shipping costs (expected) and got hit for a 50% restocking fee (unexpected) because I refused the package instead of paying to ship it back. Didn't matter that it went to the correct address, was clearly labeled, and had prior return authorization. So I ended up with a $21 refund on a $60 order, and a lesson learned about where not to buy appliance parts read lessTyson A.
- Business Description:Additional phones - (800) 478-3141, (907) 563-3141, (907) 563-3141. Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional contacts - Rich Rapuzzi, Randy Bridwell, Traci Johnson, Steve Voves. read lessRecent Review:They were excellent. We like working Spenard Builders. They are timely and they are very particular with their work. They were really great. <br /> <br /> Actually we just started using them for our villa. We have them frame a couple of doors for us in a villa that we moved at. They were on time and efficient. The quality of work was great read lessBarbara J.
- Business Description:Davis Constructive Solutions strives to assist homeowners with their construction needs. I specialize in ADA home modifications, but can help anyone with any of there home modification needs. This includes: Decks/Ramps Stair Lifts Remodels Windows/Doors And More! Call today for more information. Accept Cash, Check, or Visa. h More! Call today for more information. Accept Cash, Check, or Visa read less
- Business Description:Vampire Tools International, Inc. is a supplier of high quality, precision hand tools which offer solutions to unique problems. We bring new and unique tools to the market. Please register on our website to keep yourself informed of new and innovative products read less
- Recent Review:The installer was very nice. I was frustrated because I had to wait a little bit longer than I thought I would. They told me two weeks and it ended up being six before they said the stuff I picked was back. So that made me a little frustrated but other than that I could not be held up here. In terms of quality of work, they were okay. They were very responsive. In terms of punctuality, it was one of those situations where there was a backlog but they did take the time to keep in touch with me by calling me and telling me where we were and how long it was going to take and kept me abreast with what the stuff was, which I appreciated. It was very considerate I thought read lessAgnes O.
- Business Description:Small business woman owned and minority owned (Native American). We do all kinds of work. Call for details
- Business Description:Superior Products, Inc. has supplied thousands of commercial and residential metal roofing and siding projects throughout Alaska and areas in the Lower 48 States. We provide concealed or exposed fasteners, metal insulated roof and wall panels, metal soffits, fascia panels and full wrap flashes, snow control products, metal shingles, and much much more. Call us today for immediate service read less
- Business Description:Additional DBA - Builders Millwork Supply.Recent Review:PERFECT - they replaced them for FREE under warrantySteve K.
- Recent Review:They were right on time. They helped us fit the doors in. There was no problem with them. They are a little more expensive than Lowe’s or Home Depot but we like them and it was worth it.Barbara J.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home improvement store articles
Don't waste your money on extremely cheap products during a home improvement project. Remodeling contractors know: buying good materials is worth the cost.
Capitol Hill's iconic Frager's Hardware will continue to operate from several different locations after a deal to rebuild the original site falls through.
hardware stores in Big Lake
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Central Plumbing & Heating Inc212 E International Airport Rd
- Central Plumbing & Heating Inc
- Lowe's2561 East Sun Mountain Ave
- Pacific Fibre & Rope Co903 Flint Ave
- Pacific Fibre & Rope Co
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- Workman Construction LLC4228 West Memory Dr
- Workman Construction LLC