L AND M MOTORS,INC.

Founded 1986 • With Angi since August 2010

4.1

400 W 53rd Ave

Anchorage, AK 99518

IMPORT AND DOMESTIC AUTO REPAIR A-Z EXCLUDING . IN BUSINESS FOR 26 YEARS,WITH 7 TECHNICIANS. 12 Months 12,000 Miles Guarantee on Parts and Labor...

06/25/2018

Scott T.

I brought my car in for several small leaks they fixed those but bent the drift shaft pulley i brought it back to fix this but they changed the idler pulley instead. I also had them fix oil pressure sensor and cruise control ,when my wife picked it up the battery was dead which was odd cause it was brand new, they got her jumped to get her out of there, when she tried to drive down the highway it would only go about 50 and she had to stand on the gas pedal to go that fast. This was after waiting 2 months to get it fixed. I brought it to another mechanic and he said that the sending unit was the wrong one and broken when installed , the cruise control cable was wadded up in the corner under the hood, the battery ground cable was barely connected to the block, and the bracket on the throttle body was missing. Now today I discovered that my front main seal is pouring out oil And it is because of the bent pulley. No matter what your reason is find a different garage, I have never had a worse experience in my life. I spent over$2000 here and had to spend even more to fix the the things they damaged on my car. The biggest mistake I made was going back again and again.

Description of Work
Auto repair

11/08/2017

Loreen D.

When I went to pick up my car the receptionist took my credit card and ran it. It was then I saw they have a 10% discount for students (I qualify) but she just shrugged and said “next time.” I asked if they made sure the pressure in my tires was correct and this same person assured me, rather sarcastically, that of course they had. I finished up my transaction and forgot to do a visual on my tires. When I got home I noticed one tire was extremely low-15 lbs to be exact. I do not live close and did not want to go back but I called to complain and this same receptionist insisted they had filled the tires. She put the blame on me! Said I must have run over a nail or something. She accepted no responsibility, typical today. I went to a local gas station and filled my tires (the other 3 had 29 lbs respectively). This was three weeks ago, my tire is holding air just fine. The mechanics may very well know their stuff (except how to fill tires), my brakes work, I assume they replaced them, but dealing with the receptionist soured me on this company. Good luck if you go there.

Description of Work
I had my brakes replaced on an older vehicle. I also asked them to put my winter tires on.

Category car tires

08/25/2015

Pete and Cona C.

This Spring our 2001 Oldmobile Aurora suffered a head gasket failure after overheating when a radiator hose burst. The aluminum heads on these motors are notorious for this, and at 175,000 miles anyway, it seemed to make more sense to replace the motor rather than attempt changing out the old motor's head gaskets. The car's otherwise excellent condition made this a no brainer, so I purchased a brand new motor from General Motors which Mike's excellent mechanics installed for us at a very reasonable cost. This is not an easy fix, as the front undercarriage must be dropped to swap out the motor, so professional help and a good shop was a necessity! Since we are on a tight budget it took several months to save up the money for the repairs, but Mike patiently worked with us to make sure everything got done in a timely fashion once the motor arrived from GM. We're very happy with Mike's responsiveness and care for his customers. I was raised in a mechanic's home and do many repairs myself and know when someone does good work, and I'd recommend L & M to anyone requiring repair help on their vehicle!! They're professional and reasonably priced and unlike many shops are honest with the customer!

Description of Work
Replaced the motor in our Oldsmobile Aurora!

01/24/2015

Andrew M.

After work was completed returned to have check engine light rewired additional problems discovered.

Description of Work
Investigated check engine light.

06/04/2014

Andrew M.

It was great! They were very professional and they did a good job. It was obviously very expensive, but there's no getting around that. It is a typical garage with typical things that are always at a mechanical shop. It was extremely expensive, but it could have been more expensive if I went elsewhere. I was able to get in the shop rather quickly. I didn't really have to wait. It took a little time for the work to get done on my truck but they got it done, and they were very flexible as far as payment went because I told them I needed to have some time to drum up that kind of cash, and they told me it wasn't a problem. My truck was stored in their secured yard so I didn't have any kind of worries about that.

Description of Work
L and M Motors, Inc. did some work on both of my trucks. On one of my trucks, they did a complete service. Front end work was done on it, there was some electrical work, and some brake servicing done.

04/12/2014

JIM H.

We have used L&M in the past and feel they are fair and stand behind their work. Though we had made an appointment it took several days for them to get to the car, diagnose the initial problems and them fine tune the solutions. I certainly do not have the expertise to figure out the sophisticated electronics on newer cars and rely on their integrity to solve the problems. The check engine light was more than a bad sensor which jumped the overall cost by $500. I like Mike the owner and feel he does his best with his crew. I would suggest he try to be more prompt especially when folks make an appointment and rely on just one car. Car repairs are frustrating for both parties at times so I understand. Having had poor results with dealers over the years I will always opt for an outfit like L&M. We will use them in the future. They stand behind their work tho they get behind in their work.

Description of Work
Check engine light was on and car had been running poorly. Also slow leak in coolant system

02/18/2014

Patricia E.

Change my mind after second service visit. Won't be going back

Description of Work
Changed my mind after second service visit. Did not fix problem. Did not take for test drive. In question of things needed fixing. Left big ball of battery corrosion on battery cable.

12/23/2013

Heather A.

I have mixed feelings about L and M. On the positive side, Mike was very friendly, and professional. This shop made their best effort to do it right, and they repaired my car at a good price. My issue is their shop is hopelessly overbooked, and it took them a long time to even get to my vehicle. Since I scheduled an appointment for my car, I expected them to get to it faster. I guess the problem with being an honest mechanic is having too much business. I probably won't go back because I can't afford to wait that long for the repair.

Description of Work
Heating system repair.

11/22/2013

ian B.

Either through incompetents or something else almost everything they "fixed " I had to bring back and required more time in the shop to get right. In one instance they replaced a part that was not broken and in the process may have damaged another part that was connected to it (the chrisler dealers opinion when I had the other part replaced) . They were happy to refix warranty things quickly but several things were problems that they "missed " and therefore cost more money. | I took my vehicle in initially to have all the leaks fixed . In the process caused a leak (that they later fixed under warranty) . After four return trips and many days without my vehicle, one of the seals still leaks and even though it's covered by there warranty I will not be waisting any more of my time taking it back to them. |The first time time that I picked up my vehicle (before I knew better) we droped off my wifes car, and the story is basically the same. They had her car for a total of 28 days.

Description of Work
I contacted L AND M MOTORS,INC.

09/30/2013

Roger H.

Service within reasonable period. Unfortunately, charging system problem,battery drain recurred. Business said they would honor 90 day warranty, and outcome of new effort awaited. Over many years L &M has provided reasonably priced and competent service.

Description of Work
Electrical problem diagnose and repair. Replaced alternator.

Auto Service
    Auto Tires
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

General Automotive Repairs

Body Repair & Major Repairs on Automatic Transmissons

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about L AND M MOTORS,INC.

How is L AND M MOTORS,INC. overall rated?

L AND M MOTORS,INC. is currently rated 4.1 overall out of 5.

What payment options does L AND M MOTORS,INC. provide

L AND M MOTORS,INC. accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does L AND M MOTORS,INC. offer free estimates?

Ask L AND M MOTORS,INC. for details on free project estimates.

Does L AND M MOTORS,INC. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, L AND M MOTORS,INC. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does L AND M MOTORS,INC. offer a senior discount?

No, L AND M MOTORS,INC. does not offer a senior discount.

Does L AND M MOTORS,INC. offer emergency services?

Yes, L AND M MOTORS,INC. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by L AND M MOTORS,INC.?

Yes, L AND M MOTORS,INC. offers warranties.

What services does L AND M MOTORS,INC. offer?

L AND M MOTORS,INC. offers the following services: General Automotive Repairs

Are there any services L AND M MOTORS,INC. does not offer?

Body Repair & Major Repairs on Automatic Transmissons