The only good thing I can say about John's work is that he's a master with a backhoe. One side of my house is close to a fence, the distance barely wider than the bucket on his backhoe, and he did no damage at all to my house when excavating. However, the blue board he used to insulate the foundation is popping up as much as 6 inches in some places. In digging the hole for the sump pump on the other side of the house, he dug it down 8 feet. The water table where I live is at about 6 feet. At the time, he said that was a problem for him, but not for me. In the summer, that was true. The outfall from the drain pipe was downhill from my house, about 3 feet from a cedar fence. The pump activated every 1 1/2 to 3 hours, depending on the rain. Most of the water drained under the fence and onto my neighbor's property, which luckily was only mildly upsetting to my neighbor. And I was lucky when mowing the grass that the pump never activated when I was in that area. In the winter, however, ice built up under the fence, causing the fence to jack up. When the rails started to split from the force of the ice, I grabbed my power drill and went down to release the rails from the brackets that held them. Now, this sounds easy, but at the time I was 78 years old and squatting down to take the screws out was difficult, and it was even harder to get back up again since I was on very icy and sloping ground. However, the fence rails were able to slide up in the brackets, which allowed no further damage to the fence. Also, the drain pipe froze up in the winter, causing the pump to run continuously because the water had no place to go. My electric bill doubled one month before I knew I had a problem and I got it taken care of. John did send over a worker to raise the pump up 8 inches using a concrete block. He did this twice. It helped in that it didn't pump as often, but I still had problems in the winter. His answer when I called him to complain was that and quot;You just don't want water on your property.and quot; I have since had the pump raised up another 8 inches; had the the direction of the outflow changed and a ditch dug to allow for the water to flow properly; and had heat tape installed in the drain pipe. (This work was NOT done by John.) This is the first winter since the installation that I have not had a problem. Oh, and by the way, John called me a couple of weeks ago and wanted to come over to see how I took care of the problems. I briefly told him what I had done, but did not tell him he could come over. He is not allowed on my property.