I did not use the fireplace until the weather began to get cold, in the winter of 2009/2010. The inner surface of fireplace safety glass began to get sooty with continued use. After consulting the owner's manual, and finding that soot was normal in a new fireplace, I kept using the firplace for another couple of months. The fireplace LOOKED good and provided good heating, but the soot eventually built up to the point where I called for service in February, 2010. I called Florida Fireplace and Tony returned. He arrived, unbelievably, without tools, and cleaned the inside of the safety glass and the Fireback Liner with Windex and paper towels which I provided. He also repositioned the fireplace logs on the burners and said that the soot on the logs was too heavy and it indicated that an adjustment was needed to prevent the heavy soot buildup. He told me I could continue to use the fireplace safely, but that I should have the hearth stone removed by our granite supplier so he could get the access needed to make the adjustment. Before we could get the granite removed, the fireplace glass exploded with a mighty "WHUMPP" and sent tiny bits of glass flying through the steel safety mesh onto my living room floor. We used the emergency shut-off and called Florida Fireplace Systems immediately to report the damage. This time Cynthia Kay Shasteen, the owner of the company, came to our house with a genuine, State of Florida Certified, Gas Technician named Brian who was introduced as a sub-contractor operating under the name At Your Service Gas and Piping. Ms. Shasteen was defensive from the moment she entered my house and stated over and over that her company, Florida Fireplace Systems, including the installer Tony, are NOT licensed gas installers and that they were not to blame for the explosion. She stated the blame lay with the propane company that connected the Propane gas line to the fireplace. After talking in private with her technician, she said the fireplace should have had a conversion kit installed to allow operation with propane rather than the factory default, natural gas. Tony knew we were going to use propane. The propane company has stated the fireplace should have been installed with the conversion kit already in place and before Tony told them that the gas connection could be completed. I am more than skeptical of this company's ethics. On the latest repair-parts invoice they provided to me, they have now added the notation "Parts ordered by Florida Fireplace Systems, (are) to be installed by our recommended gas installers, "At Your Service Gas and Piping". Too late! Florida Fireplace Systems, as the installer, is responsible for installation compliant with the instructions supplied by the manufacturer in the installation manual. That would include the conversion kit parts, right? If they had used licensed installers to install the fireplace, perhaps I wouldn't have been staring at a gaping hole in the living room wall (and my wallet, too), while Cynthia Kay Shasteen, and Florida Fireplace Systems, pointed a finger at everyone else and failed to take FULL responsibility for all of the necessary parts and repairs. This company is misleading their customers when they charge $550 dollars for installation and then send an unqualified, unlicensed worker to install an appliance that can explode! UPDATE: They have not taken full responsibility for the repairs, and I had to pay for the replacement parts and the other repairs, listed above, that were necessary because of the explosion.