Our experience consisted of both good and bad. The Good: We interviewed several contractors, and Bryan, by far, best understood what we wanted, and provided us with a detailed concept that matched our needs within our general price range. Bryan is very personable, provided excellent ideas regarding stone types and design concepts, and was willing to work with us to tweak the design to our liking. His company started the construction the week that he originally anticipated. He was responsive to several small issues/repairs that were needed to the work during the initial construction process. The overall patio was done well and turned out beautifully. The Bad: During the interview process, we stressed how important our landscaping was to us. To put things in perspective, we have over 600 different perennial flowers in multiple gardens spread throughout our yard. We specifically asked about how they were going to protect the lawn between the driveway and the back yard, where the patio was to be installed. Our understanding of that conversation was that they would lay plywood down to protect the lawn from the construction equipment and general construction area. The crew arrived while we were at work, and laid two pieces of plywood down to protect the edge of the driveway. The short story is that our yard looked like they held a monster truck rally in it for a week, destroying the grass in roughly two-thirds of our back yard and one side yard. When we finally agreed how this was to be repaired (excavation of compacted and rutted areas, depth of soil, etc.) we found out, because we came home before they were finished with the repair, that they did not excavate the compacted and rutted areas as agreed, and only spread soil across the top of the damage. I protested, and I believe that they repaired the yard as I requested the next day, based on several stakes that they put in the yard showing the excavated depth. Although Bryan said that he did not charge for the repair labor because of the misunderstanding of the requested lawn protection, the lawn repair cost us an additional $1,000. The other bad part of this was that the dirt that they brought in had an unusually large amount of stones and weeds. I spent many, many hours during the rest of the summer continuously removing these. Also, because the dirt settled, and the seed did not come in evenly, near the end of the summer I ended up bringing in my own dirt, spreading and leveling it across the entire repaired area, and then over-seeding. We also had issues with the water feature losing water (far beyond evaporation or spray). I did multiple controlled experiments, and found that the water feature would lose about 15 gallons every couple of days. It took two and a half months and multiple communications and visits by their subcontractor to finally get it and quot;betterand quot;. I still think that it can be improved, and will work on it myself in the spring.