My Italian Greyhound has no fat and little hair, so he spends most of the winter months in front of the fireplace. Several days ago, I noticed that the tiles surrounding the fireplace were black with soot. Upon closer examination, I found that the mantle was also sooty, and there were large black spots on the curtains next to the fireplace, and decorative candles on TOP of the mantle were melting! Something was definitely wrong. I checked (actually joined) Angie's List and found that this contractor was the only chimney sweep recommended, so I called. My heart sank when the line was busy the first time I called - I figured they were so busy this time of year (it had been incredibly cold and even snowed!) that I would have to wait weeks. I called again, though, and got right through. The gentleman (it was the same guy who showed up at my house) answered, got my address and said he'd call back when he was near his scheduling book. He called back several hours later and told me he might be able to make it later that afternoon, but if not, definitely the next morning. Either way, expecting weeks, I was thrilled. He came at 10 the next morning and, after saying hello to my dogs, assessed the situation and immediately got to work. He couldn't really figure out why everything was so dirty, but just proceeded to clean it all - probably cleaner than it has ever been! He was initially concerned about a carbon monoxide problem and even took his ladder up on my deck to access the outside of the chimney. He said he gave it more breathing room. By the time he was done, I fully expected the price to be higher than the estimate he had given me over the phone (and rightfully so; he had done much more work than either of us expected). I was shocked but quite pleased that the final price was not one penny more than the price he had initially quoted - AND he had even cleaned my dirty tiles!