Joe (the owner) initially came to look at job. He seemed like a nice guy and interested in doing the work. Before i hired him I had some questions on the process and product they would be using and it was almost impossible to get any response. During that time I removed all of the stairs myself so they could be refinished in his shop. It took several months to get his crew to show up and pick up the stairs, during which time I had to use makeshift stairs. The stairs were done in two bathes and when I got the second batch of stairs back they were "tacky" and the finish didn't match the finish on the first batch of stairs they finished. I had to text Joe several times after that to get the name of the product he used so I can have some of the stairs redone. Before he started on my stairs, I told Joe several times I wanted several coats of urethane applied to the stairs. He never told me how many he applied but it looks like one or two at best. i noted from his final invoice that I could have requested additional coats at $.25/ft which would have have been just a few $ per stair. He never asked how many coats I wanted to be applied but I would have requested several additional coats if he had bothered to ask me. Of course, given the fact I will have to redo some, or all, of the stairs its not much of an issue. I should have trusted my gut when he got flaky and just did the job myself. it was almost 9 months from the time I got his estimate until the job was finished. In all fairness some of that time was on me but most of that was time I was waiting on him and his crew.