We recently moved into this house, and during our home inspection we were told to have the fireplace cleaned out (chimney). We fired up the gas fireplace a few times, but set off the smoke detectors so we decided to have it cleaned without looking around much or doing any research online about the fireplace. The gentlemen showed up on time and were very professional. He told me that it was a ventless fireplace, so no chimney or external venting, so nothing to clean. They did an inspection of it and the outside air intake, just to be sure. He thinks that the smoke detectors may be going off since it could be burning off animal hair (the previous owners had a dog) or just dirt, but that after burning it for a while, that it should stop. So, I felt really dumb but never once did they make me feel this way, which is impressive. He said he can't even count how many times people have told him that their home inspector told them to clean the chimney/fireplace when it didn't even have one with a chimney. He did let us know that the chimney piping that is on the outside of the house, is top of the line, and that if we should consider to install a wood burning stove in our basement, we wouldn't have to do anything but install it. He also told us what size to buy, etc. which is very helpful.