To preserve their value and keep clocks running accurately and working as they should, they should have routine maintenance every two to four years.
Find top clock repair services in Richmond, VA
There are 4 top-rated clock repair services in your area and 0 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Clock Repair Reviews in Richmond
- The Clock Maker at GwathmeyClock was repaired/tuned up to perfection. This grandfather clock sat unused for years and he made repairs/tuned up clock so that it works perfect.
- The Clock WorksNew-to-me clocks working fine. Very satisfied that he did not take my money on clocks he thought were non-repairable. He is an artisan I respect and trust.
- The Clock Maker at GwathmeyI loved an antique China clocks that my father-in-law had, so he gave it to me. It hadn't run in years. It took it to Mark to get it up and running again, and I am so happy with what he did with the clock! I was amazed with what he was able to do! He gave me a 2 hour education on how to maintain and wind the clock, because there are so many specific details to know about. I told my father-in-law how wonderful it was to hear it working again. My father-in-law sent me another one, but it came in the mail and arrived in about 40 pieces. I told Mark about it, and he said to bring it in and he'd see what he could do. He said it will take him a while, but that's to be expected in a situation like this since he didn't even know if he could put it back together, but he's going to try for me
- The Clock Maker at GwathmeyI had not had the clock oiled in over twenty years. I bought it from The Clock Shop of Richmond in 1985. I had it serviced twice by The Clock Shop of Richmond: in 1986 and 1987. All their employee did was to open the side door at the top of the clock and oil a few places that he could reach. This was far from the job The Clock Maker at Gwathmey did today! I was expecting the worse! Mark stayed for an hour-and-a-half. He disassembled the clock, sitting down on the landing of the steps going up to my second floor. We had a delightful conversation, while he oiled the "inside" part of the clock, that he sat on his knees. He checked every moving part. Then, he put it all back together. I could not believe what he charged for all of this work. I told him The Clock Shop of Richmond told me to oil the clock once a year. Mark said that was overkill, that I should do it every three years and explained why. Mark's skill is a lost art. I hope I outlive Mark
- The Clock Shop of Richmond LtdA verbal estimate of cost of repair and time frame to fix was provided. I did have to call them to ensure the repair would be completed when promised. They immediately completed the repair and was ready within an hour of my call. Very pleased with repair and would definitely would use them again.
- The Clock Maker at GwathmeyMark was great, he showed up on time and was very professional. The clock had sat idle for probably 20 years. Mark brought it back to life and it works perfect now. He was very thorough and explained what is needed to keep it working properly in the future. I also bought a spare suspension spring. I will definitely use him in the future and suggest him to others
- George's Clock ShopI had taken my 100 year old mantle clock to another repair place who wanted $295.00 for a complete overhaul. I took it to George for a second opinion. He took the back off and found that the pendulum weight was not attached. He attached the weight, wound the clock and it worked. That was a week ago and it is still working. I asked him how much and he said a couple bucks--I gave him $20.00
- The Clock WorksMr. Ahmed told me all about the clock when I dropped it off. He said that he could fix it and told me exactly what needed to be done. When he called to say it was ready he did tell me that it was a bit more to repair than his original estimate. When I stopped at his shop to pick it up, he let me listen to the chiming and then explained how to set and reset the hands. A few days later he called to see how everything was working. That was nice. This was a costly repair, but the clock has much sentimental value and I am happy with the result. The shop is a bit messy, but don't let that deter you. Mr. Ahmen knows his craft. I would use him again
- The Clock Maker at GwathmeyHe is working on some stuff for me and he has been really good up to this point. The estimate is reasonable. I have got an old clock and he is almost rebuilding it for me; the interior mechanism and stuff. He explains things thoroughly so he is very good about that. He is just very clear about what he needs to do. He gives me an estimate. He is very good. The price is reasonable. His responsiveness was very good
- The Clock Shop of Richmond LtdGot referral. Went to shop. Bought recommended small part. Got advice on installing. Got additional advice by phone. Excellent help and did not force us into any additional purchases.
Clock Repair Services in Richmond
- Business Description:Safe, efficient, and reliable Home Improvement Contracting! With over 10 years of experience, Yusaw is veteran owned and operated where clients experience civilian contracting executed with a military standard. Here at Yusaw, we offer respectful, and professional service at a fair price and are always honest with our clients. We specialize in kitchen and bathroom rehabs and are a one-stop-shop! Detailed Demos, Quick Rough ins, and finishing work, we do it all. We also offer handyman services ..Recent Review:Outstanding! Michael was very responsive and communicated well. We walked through the project and when he felt the work was unwarranted then he would recommend not doing the work. As work proceeded Michael always sought our approval for anything not agreed upon or changes. Work was completed in a timely manner! I would recommend YUSAW 100Tonette H.
- Business Description:We offer high quality work performed at an affordable cost. We take pride in our work and are here to give you a professional service every time. 6+ years experience in remodeling.Recent Review:Brandon and crew did an excellent job. My shed looks awesome and amazing now!Stacy H.
- Business Description:Our company provides full-service work performed by professionals. We tailor the work to meet the customer's needs and budget. Give us a call today for your free estimate.Recent Review:I recommend him to other people and they give me feedback that they were happy with his work. He does a very good job. He was professional. He give me a price. He was a humble guy, well spoken, and easy to talk to. You just need to tell him what you want him to doLonnie S.
- Business Description:Proficient and experienced handyman with over 15 years of service work in all fields of residential and commercial home repairs. Over 600 five star reviews with On another platform called thumbtack. Started off as a part time job and has grown to a staff of 10 people all specializing in their own field. Painters, finishers electricians plumbers and Roofer. If you want it done right please call us for free estimatesRecent Review:We talked and he gave a quote of $250.00, the agreement was he would be fixing the issue that we have but after that time , about 1 week a half, Tony was a no show and never showed up for any schedule. and kept on rescheduling and I have text messages from him, and it is unprofessional to say that you are coming to work on a job, but does not show up at all. My tenants are upset and and I now owe my tenants for the work that Tony hasn't done at all. The last time he communicated was Last Saturday and said that he was working on a kitchen remodeling job, and his worker had back surgery and that I may have to look for another contractorMia O.
- Recent Review:New-to-me clocks working fine. Very satisfied that he did not take my money on clocks he thought were non-repairable. He is an artisan I respect and trust.David D.
- Business Description:Professional furniture assembly and custom organization solutions.
- Business Description:Our friendly, professional operators are available to answer calls from your customers 24/7. Using the latest technology we can contact you or relay the message to you by voice, pager or e-mail. Whether it’s residential, business or medical we offer a customizable service for you. If you have any questions or for pricing info please contact Joanne M. Lawson via e mail Joannemarielawson@gmail.com or phone 1 888 406 4974. Our goal is to make sure you never miss a call even when you miss a call
- Business Description:House calls by appointment.Recent Review:They looked at it for less than a second and determined that it needed a complete overhaul. Their estimate was $295.00. I told them I liked the clock, but it was not worth $295.00. I left. I then took it to another clock repair place who removed the back while I was there. He found that the weight to the pendulum had fallen off. He put it back on, wound the clock and it worked. A week later it is still working--glad I didn't spend the $295.00!Paula T.
- Business Description:a
- Business Description:AWCI Certified Master Clockmaker since 1982Recent Review:Clock was repaired/tuned up to perfection. This grandfather clock sat unused for years and he made repairs/tuned up clock so that it works perfect.Aaron T.
See all 4 highly rated companies in RichmondJoin Angi now
Find clock repair shops in
- Bon Air
- Highland Springs
- Glen Allen
- Manakin Sabot
- Colonial Heights
- Fort Lee
clock repair shops in Richmond
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- George's Clock Shop4915 Leconbury Rd
- George's Clock Shop
- Rose & Co.310 Old Menchville Rd
Newport News, Virginia
- Rose & Co.
- Tan the Handyman LLC5612 Hawthorne Ave
- The Clock Maker at Gwathmey11194 Gwathmey Church Rd
- The Clock Shop of Richmond Ltd6000 W Broad St
- The Clock Works5613 Patterson Ave
- Turnkeyinnovations19200 Forest Vine Ct
Colonial Heights, Virginia
- Tan the Handyman LLC
- YUSAW CONTRACTING 1502 Spring Tree Ct
- YUSAW CONTRACTING