There are several reasons why your vacuum might not be working properly, and this guide will help you solve the problem. We break down four of the most common vacuum cleaner problems, from blockages, to low suction, to busted vacuum belts.
Find top vacuum cleaners in Portland, OR
There are 5 top-rated vacuum cleaners in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Vacuum Cleaner Reviews in Portland
- Ace Handyman ServicesIt was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. His service was really good. He knew what he was doing. The price would have been good had I had more stuff to be done. He was on time.
- Stark's VacuumsGreat! We did not have positive proof of date of purchase, but Stark estimated that the unit was still within warranty and with no questions asked, did the repair for free. It was ready in a short time and has worked perfectly since. I highly recommend them!
- Gary’s VACUFLOMy husband and I recently moved to a home which was pre-plumbed for a Gary's Vacuflow System and I wanted to have system installed. I had a similar central vac system from Gary's in a previous home, but this time I wanted the hide-a-hose system. Curt, one of the sales reps came to give me a quote and explain the newer system to me. He took the time to understand what I wanted and explained the options that were available. When I was ready, I phoned to schedule the install. Pete, the installer arrived and took his time as well explaining what needed to be done and how he was going to proceed. From the onset he never promised that it would take just a particular amount of time, but that each job was slightly different based on what he might find along the way. As it turned out it was several days for the complete install. Each day he arrived exactly at the time he indicated and communicate when necessary via phone and text messages to keep me informed. He was meticulous as he moved from one thing to another, in the crawl space and in the attic to connect fittings, as was necessary. He didn't rush and took his time to make sure everything was done properly. Before he left, he made sure I understood how the system worked, as well as making sure my home was left clean from cutting into drywall and drilling when necessary, which was minimal. Pete re-textured the small area of drywall and re- painted the area he was working on. One would never know that anything was done. I couldn't be happier. It was a pleasure working with Gary' Vacuflow from start to finish including speaking to the scheduler Jennifer
- Gary’s VACUFLOWe recently moved from a single story home (that had a central vacuum installed upon construction) to a home that has seven levels that need vacuuming! I was considering buying a vacuum cleaner for each floor, but that would have still involved emptying or changing bags often and my vacuum cleaner stirred up dust that aggravated my allergies. I also have minimal storage, so a vac for each floor was out of the question. I didn't realize how much I was going to miss my central vac. Thank goodness for Pete, the installation specialist, at Gary's Vacuflo! Other companies that came out to give us a bid said that they couldn't figure out a way to install complete coverage to my home because of the many eight inch thick concrete walls that I have. Pete worked hard and made it happen! He did a marvelous job. Pete was professional, neat and trustworthy. I love my central vac. It does a fantastic job. The motor is in the garage and so is the noise. There is no exhaust of air next to the vacuum head like a regular cleaner, so my allergies are no longer a problem
- Gary’s VACUFLOWe have friends that have this system and they were very pleased with their system. So we called Vacuflo on their recommendation and the sales person, Lou, came out the same day to give us an estimate. We did have a little trouble scheduling the install, but once we overcame that hurdle, the installation went smoothly and timely. Very happy with the system after almost a month of use
- HILLSBORO VAC & SEWThe cleaning and adjustment went well but they forgot to unplug the hose. A quick trip back fixed the situation while I waited.
- VACUUM CLEANER SPECIALISTS INCGot a call in four days that the vacuum was ready. The cover would not close properly and that made the cleaner unusable. I tried everything and even called the manufacurer who could not find any reason over the phone but told me if I was not using genuine Bissell bags that could be a problem. When I went to pick up the cleaner, Bob had gotten the cover to close and showed me a possible glitch. We both agreed that it might indeed be the off market bags that were causing the issue. He did not charge me anything for the time he spent trying to figure it out
- STARK'S VACUUMSThey were fast and professional. Courteous and honest. I will definitely use them again. My vacuum is running great!
- JOHNSTON'S SALES & SERVICEGreat experience. This shop is owned and operated by brothers who are really interested in offering a quality product and backing it up.I had only owned cheap plastic big box store vacuums before and was ready to get something quality that wasn't going to break. I visited there on two occassions with lots of questions and left a satisfied customer. The guys took time to provide detailed answers to all of my questions and even asked me a few to make sure that they could offer me the product I really needed. They didn't try to upsell me and pointed out the pros and cons for all the types and models I looked at. I left with a quality made in USA piece of equipment and a good feeling
- STARK'S VACUUMSThe sales person showed me several models, let me try them out in the showroom, and pick the one that best suited my needs. He was helpful, knowledgeable, and carried it out to my car for me!
Vacuum Cleaners in Portland
- Business Description:If you’re looking for an eco-friendly cleaning solution for your carpets, hardwood, upholstery, and tiles in the Portland area, then PDX Carpet Cleaning is the company that you need to know.Recent Review:They were great, very punctual and professional.James L.
- Business Description:Welcome to Mario Lopez Cleaning,LLC Where I handle everything for you my favorite thing to do is clean and make sure it done right. I offer house keeping services, Vacation rental cleaning and management. I can event assist with laundry and even lend a hand at your party or event. Call for more informationRecent Review:Mario and his team are hard workers, always willing to tackle the tasks that need to be done. Cleaning is done in a planned, cheerful and orderly fashion. Special seasonal cleaning are never a problem.Robert S.
- Business Description:Autospa360 is a family owned and operated mobile auto detailing business that has been working in the Vancouver/Portland area since 2005. We specialize in full service auto detailing ranging anywhere from family, to business, to high end luxury vehicles. Whether you want one car or ten cars done, we can accomodate your needs. We also provide services on boats, RVs, trailers, and bikes. Give us a call today to set up an appointment! (360) 513-656Recent Review:They did a great job. I have used them several times before.Brian S.
- Business Description:We are happy to provide award winning handyman and home repair services from major remodeling projects to minor home maintenance and everything in between. Minor And Major Home Repairs Seasonal Home Repair Services Bathroom And Kitchen Upgrades Interior Repairs And Maintenance Exterior Repairs And Maintenance General Carpentry Services Painting Services And Many, Many MoreRecent Review:I needed to have a damaged concrete-set post and mailbox removed and replaced with a new post and mailbox in the exact same location due to surrounding structural features and a property line. I feared the old post removal would be impossible to do, but installer Darrell Hill masterfully removed the post, and then he installed the new post and mailbox with great attention to detail and "level" precision. I was very impressed and grateful for Darrell's experience, skill, and quality workmanship at a fair price. I will be using the company again for future needsRobin J.
- Business Description:Since 1999, we've helped millions of people save money and fix their broken appliances quickly by providing quality parts and free repair help. 365 days to return any part. Amazingly fast shipping. It's better with the Pros!™ Avoid costly service calls - visit us at http://www.appliancepartspros.coRecent Review:Worked great. Good price, fast shipping. Fit like a charm.Alan T.
- Business Description:We opened our doors in 1988 with the goal of becoming Portlands best security provider. Now over twenty years later we are proud of the 10,000+ installations we have performed for the home and business owners of Portland. We are licensed, bonded and insured and we are proud to say that we have been chosen as a top 100 security company by SDM Magazine for fourteen years running. Visit our website today or give us a call for more informationRecent Review:Been on their service 2 years--- they had me run around and do three things-- none of which got us back so that we could arm the system. Waste of time and money. They came out and did the same stuff -- same result. This went on for two months and I kept requesting that they suspend billing during this time where we couldn't arm the system-- because central monitoring can't happen then. Asked them at least 5 times over the two months and they kept forgetting. Finally had to block them from my card. They said they wouldn't' bill Dec then their -- literally CRUEL biz owner that has NO RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE, kept telling me that wasn't done-- then it was-- what a mess. They had told us about mid Nov that I must buy new upgrades and quoted that out--- then system--- hmmm an upsell. And frankly, their quote of service didn't make sense and I kept asking if they were sure that would fix it -- kept saying yes-- but I now believe that just to be a step in the upsell process as more would have to be done per their upgrade approach. This per a company who freed the keypad in less than 5 minutes and said they have a tendency to do this and it's highly unethical. My contract of 24 months is up at the end of this month and under the circumstances, they keep saying they can see what is going on and claim THEY did the fixing. ha ha aha -- The other company. really seems to know what they are doing, and is even willing to give me an affadavit to the fact this is false and other companies don't like to get involved in disputes with other competitors -- so that tells you something. So until they get me off=-- I can't even use my stand-alone security which puts us at some risk. They are IN THE WAY OF SAFETY here because of their lack of knowledge and clearly unehtical practices. BUYER BEWARE. They may be ok on systems they have installed but anything else, they will use a bate and switch. and the switch is uglyKaren S.
- Business Description:Are you looking for cost-effective attachments for your floor cleaning machine? Janal Products of Houston, TX, has the best offers when it comes to vacuum attachments!
- Business Description:Scrubs Cleaning billing options include pay Pal and check.
- Business Description:Contact our vacuum truck company at (971) 915-0954 in Amity, OR, for vacuum truck services.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful vacuum cleaner articles
Adjusting the height of your vacuum cleaner ensures your carpets get as clean as possible. The process varies by vacuum, but it’s easy no matter what. Learn how to adjust your vacuum’s carpet height settings in 30 seconds or less.
Vacuuming your home kind of works the same way, and while vacuuming your floors may not be as fun as baking a cake, it's still important to do it right!
Find vacuum cleaner services in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
vacuum cleaner services in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A-Steam Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning4283 Terra Vista Ct
West Linn, Oregon
- Ace Handyman Services7350 SW Landmark Ln
- Ace Sewing and Vacuum2414 Portland Rd
- Aloha Sewing and Vacuum18335 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy
- AMERICAN POWER VAC4422 NE 79TH AVE
- AppliancePartsPros.com240 Edwards Street Southeast
- Artisan Construction and FabricationPMB 117 2870 NE Hogan Dr Ste E
- Autospa3604601 northeast 78th steet
- A-Steam Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Columbia County Habitat for Humaniy ReStore164 Little Street
Saint Helens, Oregon
- Columbia County Habitat for Humaniy ReStore
- Deepest Shine Cleaning Services16744 se main st
- Deepest Shine Cleaning Services
- Fresh and Clean2615 Neals Ln
- Fresh and Clean
- Janal Products15002 Torry Pines Rd
- Janal Products
- Mario Lopez Cleaning,LLC1405 NE 60th Ave
- Mario Lopez Cleaning,LLC
- PDX Carpet Cleaning5106 SW Scholls Ferry Rd
- PDX Carpet Cleaning
- SANDY VAC1728 NE Walnut Ave
- SAVE STORES INC1607 BEAVERCREEK RD
Oregon City, Oregon
- STARK'S VACUUMS8326 SE STARK ST
- Stark's Vacuums12920 SW Canyon Rd
- STARK'S VACUUMS16074 SW TUALATIN SHERWOOD HWY
- STARK'S VACUUMS107 NE GRAND AVE
- SANDY VAC
- The Thirsty Sasquatch2110 Main Street
- The Thirsty Sasquatch
- VACUUM CLEANER SPECIALISTS INCPO Box 2168
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- VACUUM CLEANER SPECIALISTS INC