Don't waste your money on extremely cheap products during a home improvement project. Remodeling contractors know: buying good materials is worth the cost.
Find top home improvement stores in Portland, OR
There are 4 top-rated home improvement stores in your area and 6 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Hardware Store Reviews in Portland
- Appliance ZoneOrdered and needed to upgrade the shipping. Madeline helped me via chat and she resolved everything for me. She was marvelous!
- Ace Hardware & PaintMorgan is absolutely fabulous. She is always there for answers and is very cordial. They always help and will help you find whatever you need.
- LOWE & ASSOCThey are really good and always there to help. They have great services for carpeting and also appliances. Their services are good.
- Lowes Home Improvement WarehouseI just loved their service. We went with them because they were the cheapest. They provided very fast service. They have very good customer service. The people who came to do the work were very professional and they got the job done very quickly and the quality was very good. I would rate them high overall. I would use them again in the future
- Lowes Home Improvement WarehouseI HAD A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH LOWE'S SPECIAL ORDER DEPARTMENT. THEY ARE VERY HELPFUL, KNOWLEDGEABLE AND WILLING TO TAKE AS MUCH TIME AS YOU NEED WHILE YOU ARE LOOKING THROUGH THE MANY DIFFERENT STYLES AND COLOR CHOICES FOR WINDOW TREATMENTS. THEY CAN SPECIAL ORDER JUST ABOUT ANYTHING FOR A VERY REASONABLE PRICE. THEY ALSO SHIPPED MY ORDER RIGHT TO MY DOOR
- HOME DEPOTIT WAS VERY EASY TO GET WHAT I WANTED. A CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON WAS ABLE TO HELP ME QUICKLY AND WAS A GREAT ASSISTANT IN KNOWING ABOUT THE PRODUCTS I NEEDED.
- George Morlan Plumbing SupplyI had bought two Regal toilets, wax rings, supply lines and seats at the Tigard store, but they didn't have the seats in stock, but they were at the Foster Road store. So I went over there with the 2 babies and then had to wait 45 minutes to pick up 2 seats (not even pay for them). It was slow and the contractors that were there seemed irritated that there were other public people there ahead of them. They tried to sneak ahead and were mad when they couldn't. It was frustrating, since I was just picking up something, didn't have any questions or need any real service
- Stevlin's Hardware & Locksmith ServiceI could not get the key to work in my front door. I called Stevlin's and was told that the repair man wasn't availble but would call as soon as he could. I spoke to Linda. She called back a couple of hours later and asked if I was available, if so the repairman could come right away. That was perfect for me. He arrived about 15 minutes later and fixed the lock. I'm sorry I can't remember his name, but he is one of the owners. He explained what had likely happened to the lock
- MILLER PAINT COMPANYThe staff at Miller Paint were very helpful with information about the correct finish to use for each room in our home. They always took whatever time was necessary to answer our questions, and make sure we had the correct products. They also advised on how to properly apply the different types of paint for the front door, walls, ceilings, etc. Their policy is to always carry the paint out to your car, which wasn't always necessary, but was a nice gesture
- KELLY MOORE PAINT STOREI generally come in with a lot of how to questions. They show me the right paint brushes and quality paint that I will need. They do not try to over sell me on anything. They give me the easier ways to do things. There is one girl that even told me if I didn't like the smell of a certain paint I could add a little bit of vanilla to it, which I had never heard before. They are professionals. They are all very well qualified to sell the paints. We've used there products to paint my entire house including ceilings
Home Improvement Stores in Portland
- Business Description:We are a family owned small business. I have been working in the electrical industry for the past 12 years. I have experience with new construction and remodels. I specialize in all residential electrical needs including photovoltaic system installation (SOLAR POWER), panel changes, additions, service changes, new circuits, AC's, Hot Tubs, and trouble shooting any electrical problem. There is no job too big or too small. I can do it all. Call me today to set up an appointment. I am also avai..Recent Review:Wire Nutz did a great job with all the wiring. Very professional and amazing results!Patrick G.
- Business Description:Get Free Estimates for your home improvement and repairs by calling longs handyman service. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.Recent Review:The work he's done over the years has always turned out perfectly - never ever any problems or concerns. I have been using Long's Handyman service for almost 15 years now, and am totally pleased with them. Chris Long is absolutely outstanding in every way. I would highly recommend him to anyone who's looking for a handyman service that always completes the job in the best way!!!!KAREN F.
- Business Description:Natural Light Skylight Co is a skylight specialistRecent Review:Quick, efficient, cleaned up after themselves. They were also very good at communicating. Jamie and crew did a wonderful job!Ralph S.
- Recent Review:It was good. They were professional.Dave M.
- Business Description:PG Tile specializes in custom installation of tile, marble, granite, slate, and travertine in both: new construction and remodeling projects. We offer IN HOME consultations and design services.Recent Review:This was a remodel in a 50-year-old condo, installation of a radiant heat system. From beginning to end, the project went perfectly, without a hitch. Paul and his sons did beautiful work, of a very high standard and quality of workmanship. Once started, the project proceeded quickly, with no slowdowns or missed days. The job site was clean and tidy at the end of each day. They were all very pleasant to work with. I can highly recommend PG Tile and would certainly use them for future projectsjulie m.
- Business Description:Truax Builders Supply has been meeting the window and door needs of the Portland metro area since 1946! Our sales staff is very experienced and well trained. We are here to help both the professional contractor and the homeowner make informed choices for windows and doors. We don't use any high pressure; we just find out what you want and need, and suggest the best solutions. We also manufacture custom aluminum storm windows and doors, and custom wood windows, doors, storm doors and windows,..Recent Review:We purchased a wooden door through Truax and wound up with a $2000 DIY project. Much to our surprise, they installed an unfinished door and we are now spending a week applying the various coats of stains and finishing coats to make it ready for Portland weather. When we let them know the process wasn't clear to us and we hadn't expected this last phase in the process, they brushed off our feedback and said they "only do unfinished wood doors" and we should have knownKari G.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:One of the American plumbing industry's largest and most respected retailers, George Morlan Plumbing Supply has been serving homeowners, plumbers, builders, remodelers, interior designers, architects and property managers for more than 83 years. We offer deeply discounted prices on thousands of items representing most major plumbing manufacturers from around the globe. Additional email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional DBA George Morlan Plumbing CoRecent Review:If it weren't for the plumber's positive attitude and willingness to work around a house-vac that was slightly in the way this would have been one star. After hearing all the radio commercials, I decided to give George Morlan a try. After comparing several local plumbers, George Morlan was the only company that had availability to replace a failed water heater within a few days; everyone else was a week or more out. I was quoted $1,008 for a 6 year water heater including install and permit. They provided a Reliance brand "budget" water heater that can be purchased for $400 locally. Additionally, the permit they pull (Oregon Minor Label program) costs only $14, but I was charged $39. In all, the labor ended up being over $500 for 40 minutes worth of work. Considering I asked them to quote replacing both of my water heaters and they were only willing to offer a $50 discount for two at once, I'm very happy I decided to replace only one. I absolutely will not be back for my second water heater which will also need replacement shortlyVincent D.
- Business Description:Appliancezone.com is a leading on-line retailer of appliance parts and accessories for do-it-yourself homeowners. Incorporated in 2008, it was started by CEO, Jim Allen and his wife Paula, who operated an appliance repair business for nearly fourteen years prior to starting the internet company Appliance ZoneRecent Review:This is the first online review I've ever written -- my experience with this company was that bad. Three aspects that deserve attention: 1) I placed an order and tried to cancel six minutes later. Turns out they don't accept cancellations. 2) I couldn't find a phone number, so I had to work the return/refund by email. The exchange was painful -- so unhelpful I felt like I was interacting with a bad chatbot. 3) I ended up eating shipping costs (expected) and got hit for a 50% restocking fee (unexpected) because I refused the package instead of paying to ship it back. Didn't matter that it went to the correct address, was clearly labeled, and had prior return authorization. So I ended up with a $21 refund on a $60 order, and a lesson learned about where not to buy appliance partsTyson A.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home improvement store articles
When you need equipment to complete a home-improvement project, should you buy the new tools, or just rent them for a few hours — or a few days?
Find hardware stores in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
hardware stores in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A-BOY ELECTRIC & PLUMBING12550 SW MAIN
- A-BOY ELECTRIC & PLUMBING SUPL4010 NE BROADWAY ST
- A-Boy Electric & Plumbing Supply7344 SE Foster Rd
- A-BOY PLUMBING & ELECTRICAL SUPPLY4010 NE BROADWAY ST
- ABC SUPPLY CO INC1835 NE Columbia Blvd
- ACE HARDWARE1621 NW GLISAN ST
- Ace HardwarePO Box 308
Forest Grove, Oregon
- Ace Hardware155 S Columbia River Hwy
ST. HELENS, Oregon
- ACE HARDWARE4430 SE WOODSTOCK BLVD
- AL'S LAWNMOWER SALES & SVC8828 SE DIVISION ST
- ALLIED BUILDING PRODUCTS CORP11440 SW TIEDEMEN RD
- ANKENY HARDWARE1134 SE STARK ST
- Appliance ZonePO Box 55
- Architectural Woods3800 SE Columbia Way
- A-BOY ELECTRIC & PLUMBING
- B&Js Handyman Services Portland8520 SE Woodstock Blvd
- Bailey Contracting LLC333 S State St Ste V #277
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- BANKS DO IT BEST HARDWARE150 N MAIN ST
- BEAUMONT DO IT BEST HARDWARE4303 NE FREMONT ST
- BEAUMONT HARDWARE4303 NE Fremont St.
- BERG BROS WOODWORKING INC21785 SW TUALATIN VALLEY HWY UNIT H
- BI-MART17108 SE POWELL BLVD
- Brickhouse Security980 Avenue of the Americas
New York City, New York
- BUILDERS LIQUIDATORS1329 INDUSTRIAL WAY
- B&Js Handyman Services Portland
- CANBY BUILDERS SUPPLY10998 SE 21ST AVE
- Cape Cod Brass & Security Hardware1180 Rt 28
Bass River, Massachusetts
- Castle Rock Building Supply126 Huntington Avenue N
Castle Rock, Washington
- CHOWN HARDWARE333 NW 16TH AVE
- COASTAL FARM AND RANCH2865 NE HOGAN DR
- Costco - Wilsonville25900 SW Heather Pl
- CANBY BUILDERS SUPPLY
- Geek Squad - Best Buy9739 NE Cascades Pkwy
- General Builders Supply3150 NW 31st Ave 1
- General Builders Supply3150 NW 31st Ave 1
- George Morlan Plumbing Supply5529 SE Foster Rd
- GLOBE LIGHTING17571 SW 65TH AVE
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- GNC Construction3877 NE Bryant St
- Geek Squad - Best Buy
- HANKINS HARDWARE TRUE VALUE1720 SE HAWTHORNE BLVD
- HANKINS HARDWARE/ TRUE VALUE3942 MLK JR BLVD
- HIPPO HARDWARE1040 E BURNSIDE ST
- HOME DEPOT20260 SW PACIFIC HWY
- HOME DEPOT10120 SE WASHINGTON ST
- HOME DEPOT11633 NE GLEN WIDING DR
- HOME DEPOT25101 SE STARK ST
- HOME DEPOT580 7TH AVE
- HOME DEPOT330 SE 192ND AVE
- Home Depot - Tigard14800 SW Sequoia Pkwy
- Home Depot Clackamas9300 Se 82nd Ave
Happy Valley, Oregon
- Home Improvement Buying Club4145 SW Watson Ave
- Homer TLC Inc2002 Washington St
Oregon City, Oregon
- HANKINS HARDWARE TRUE VALUE
- Jewell HardwoodsP.O. Box 3335
- Jewell Hardwoods
- LACEY DOOR & MILLWORK INC.3960 12TH AVE SE
- LOWE'S2850 OCEAN BEACH HWY
- LOWE'S23010 W ARATA RD
- LOWE'S13631 SE JOHNSON RD
- LOWE'S1000 NE WOOD VILLAGE BLVD
- LOWE'S1250 SE BOOTH BEND RD
- Lowe's - Portland1160 N Hayden Meadows Dr
- Lowe's Home Improvement11413 NE 76th St
- Lowe's Home Improvement - Tigard12615 SW 72nd Ave
- Lowes Home Improvement Warehouse1951 SE 24th Ave
- LACEY DOOR & MILLWORK INC.
- MAJESTIC BUILDING SUPPLY LLC13241 SE HOLGATE BLVD
- Maximum Construction18410 S Green View Dr
Oregon City, Oregon
- McKinnis Custom Contracting, Inc.PO Box 223
Oregon City, Oregon
- METALLION INDUSTRIES INC850 NW Park Ave
- MILLER PAINT CO317 SE GRAND AVE
- MILLER PAINT COMPANY12812 NE WHITAKER WAY
- MINI MIX CONCRETE SVC2200 S SEVIER RD
- MR PLYWOOD7609 SE STARK
- MAJESTIC BUILDING SUPPLY LLC
- NATIONAL BUILDERS HARDWARE COMPANY1019 SE 10TH AVE
- Natural Light Skylight Co10950 SW 5th St Ste 330
- NORTH AMERICAN METALS15869 NW SELLERS RD
- Northeast Porland Tool Library5431 NE 20th Ave
- northwest best roofing&construction13003 ne 132 ave
- NATIONAL BUILDERS HARDWARE COMPANY
- Pacific Fibre & Rope Co903 Flint Ave
- PARKROSE HARDWARE10625 NE SANDY BLVD
- Parkrose Hardware16509 SE 1st St
- Parr Cabinet Outlet4305 NW Saint Helens Rd
- Parr Lumber5630 NW Century Blvd
- PARR LUMBER6250 NE MLK BLVD
- PARR LUMBER CO6250 NE M L KING BLVD
- PARR LUMBER CO5630 NW FIVE OAKS DR
- Pacific Fibre & Rope Co