To preserve their value and keep clocks running accurately and working as they should, they should have routine maintenance every two to four years.
Find top clock repair services in New York, NY
There are 6 top-rated clock repair services in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Matching on Angi
Share some details about your home project.
Within moments, match with highly-rated local Pros.
Compare quotes and choose the best Pro for the job.
Recent Clock Repair Reviews in New York
- JS Kenilworth JewelersI had my husband's Grandmother's antique Sessions mantle clock repaired here as a surprise to my husband. We are both so pleased to have it working after sitting for years. It was in my father-in-law's home who recently passed away. It went from neglected to now cherished. Thank you so much!
- Heart & Saul Cleaning Service IncThey are exceptional. We have worked with someone in NYC before, and Heart and Saul were far superior. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
- KERI CLOCK SVC INCI gave Ben three cuckoo clocks to fix. One of them simply had the chains which hold the weights jammed. One had a chain which had broken and had come crashing onto the floor along with its weight.One of them had a door which opened to expose animation and which became loose and was hanging by its wire. On the clock where the chain had broken he was supposed to replace all three chains so they would match in color ( oxidation had taken place). Instead he replaced only the one faulty one with a bright gold chain which didn't match and looked awful. He charged me $350.00. To top it off, every once in a while the weight drops abut six inches as though it is not even on its wheel. Whatever was wrong to make it fall initially has not been fixed. On the clock with the broken door he managed to fix that but then part of the animation which had been working was no longer working. He took it again, telling me it had worn out since he had the clock but when he brought it back one chain had no ring to stop the chain from being raised too high, the three weights could not be raised to the same height, they were at three different heights when fully raised, and the clock would just stop working midway through the animation. All of that had been working perfectly till he worked on it again. Again, he charged quite a bit, somewhere around $400.00The third clock is a corker. It took me a while to realize what he had done, but when I heard the cuckoo I realized it was not MY cuckoo. I studied the clock and realized he had replaced the entire movement, cuckoo included, had replaced both chains with a very bright gold, and had replaced the dial. He didn't even put the dial with its Roman numerals on correctly, either, because the number 12 is positioned at 8 o'clock. How less than bright can one man be? He denied everything but I happen to have videos of photos of all my clocks. This is a very old clock which I have had for over fifty years, and it was old when I got it. He either wanted the antique parts for himself or for another clock, or he had the identical clock which had already been jury rigged with cheap parts years ago and swapped them. The man is not only inept, he is a crook. The photo on the left is what he brought back. The one on the right is my original clock. I left a message telling him I wanted the parts he took to be returned but obviously he has not responded and never will. He wanted to charge me over $400.00 and I had said I would pay him when I got my clock parts back, not that the original job was merely to fix a jammed chain. Stay as far away from this guy as possible
- JS Kenilworth JewelersUhhhhh..... Like clockwork? Seriously though, the guys were great! Good communication for when clocks would be ready. They came and final tuned the clocks in my home after taking them to their shop for services done. Also, VERY IMPORTANT!!! They were very respectful of masks and social distancing while in my home.. I don't hesitate to tell anybody whose clocks need some very experienced TLC to use these guys
- VILICICH WATCH & CLOCK REPAIRExcellently well. They are true professionals. Jerry restored my clock better than it had been in 60 years!!!!
- GRANDFATHER TIMEIt took a few weeks for the repair, but that was indicated up front. I am very happy with the work Paul did, and would recommend him to anyone who needs their grandfather clock repaired. We now have the beautiful chime back.
- Clock RepairMarilyn called me back and we talked about the age and condition of the clock and she advised me that as an older clock with an unknown maintenance history it was very possible that an oiling would not resolve my concerns and it might lead to the need to replace the movement, for which she gave me a rough cost. She suggested that I continue to "shim the dial" as I had figured out could keep it functioning and she would contact me to come take a quick look at it if she was in my general area for another service call. It is 3 to 4 months since we spoke and my clock is continuing to run well with the shim in place. Her telephone advice has served me well to date
- JS Kenilworth JewelersI had a large, double-sided freestanding "outdoor" clock which had both clock faces stop working. I called around central NJ for anyone who would fix it, and a lot of places seemed not to be interested, or had poor phone skills. FINALLY, found JS Kenilworth - they were great! They fixed both clocks for a good price, quickly. Thank you
- The Clock DoctorVery well. The pendulum and chimes needed to be connected and the clock needed to be oiled. I was so happy with the service.
- Clock RepairMarilyn is terrific! Found her on Angie's list and then on YP. Spoke to her on the phone she suggested a couple of things to get my 34 year old grandfather clock going. She was at the house today and we realized the the movement needed to be replaced. She had brought a used one, newer than mine and it fit perfectly. She spent 3 hours and was totally fair in her price. The clock is now working and I am so appreciative of her craft. I would highly recommend her if you need work done. Thanks a million Marilyn
Last update on March 8, 2022
Clock Repair Services in New York
We sell and service All Brands of Grandfather Clocks, Visit our showroom for Complete Howard Miller line. Free delivery services, extended warranty. Overhaul and restoration of valuable timepieces. Certified Master Watchmaker with Swiss Credentials.
"Uhhhhh..... Like clockwork? Seriously though, the guys were great! Good communication for when clocks would be ready. They came and final tuned the clocks in my home after taking them to their shop for services done. Also, VERY IMPORTANT!!! They were very respectful of masks and social distancing while in my home.. I don't hesitate to tell anybody whose clocks need some very experienced TLC to use these guys!
Serving New Jersey & Pennsylvania. Free Estimates on MOST Projects. For a free estimate, photos and measurements need to be sent through our website: https://go.thryv.com/site/CarriageHouseTwoRestoration. Furniture & Antiques Repair & Restoration ~ Kitchen Cabinet & Woodwork Restoration, Refinishing & Remodeling ~ Upholstery & Specialty Services For questions, speak directly with Tom Simpson, Owner, who can be reached on his cell 908-581-6984. Please visit our website for Before & After P..
"I can't say enough about working with Diane at Carriage House II. I found them via an internet search. Diane keep me informed about every step of the project. Two of the chairs were done in a beautiful large paisley print, which they perfectly matched. The other four were done in a subdued brown tweed, subtly picking up the colors in the paisley print. They not only upholstered the chairs, but also strengthened them and fixed a broken one. The chairs are better then they have ever been. I can't thank them enough. My dining room has a designer look with these "new" chairs.
General Contractors, Painting contractors, Hanyman ,Painters in Flushing NY, Hempstead NY and all nearby towns
"They went above my expectations in customer satisfaction with my kitchen and bathroom. Communication throughout the project was outstanding and their professionalism and attention to detail definite shows in the finished project. They were extremely punctual, neat, and is definitely fairly priced for the outstanding job they did. I would definitely recommend them to my family and friends.
We are painters and specialize in custom painting, decorative mouldings, murals, faux finishes like marbleizing, bellagio, venetian plaster, color washing, o’villa plaster and more. If you are interested in getting a fresh new look on the interior of your home, you have come to the right place. Also don’t let the fancy work we do scare you off. Our pricing is not expensive, keep in mind we have to go up against our competition on every quote. What sets us apart from the competition is we als..
"I was hosting Christmas Dinner at my house this year, and was running a tight schedule. I needed my kitchen's wallpaper removed and paint redone asap as it was getting old, peeling and fading. I organized a price and a time with Tim and Charlene, and they handled everything perfectly. They came a tad early, finished everything we needed to, stuck to the agreed price, and gave some extra maintenance and style advice! They were dutiful and professional, and I constantly felt like they wanted this to go well for me. Absolutely going to call them next time I need a room painted.
Lakeside Pottery is "A" rated by Angielist. We are a ceramic art studio, Kintsugi art studio and nationally recognized Ceramic and Sculpture Restoration services provider. Lakeside Pottery Studio was established in 2001 focused on art restoration, custom made pottery and Kintsugi art. We strive for the highest quality and we treat each object entrusted to us with the utmost care. We repair and restore a wide range of materials which include pottery, ceramic, porcelain, china, terra-cotta, cla..
"<p>ASTOUNDING!!!!! I didn't know that workmanship like this even existed until I found Lakeside and Morty, This piece was very special to me. I purchased it from a ritzy China Shop when I was 14. I saw it in the window and inquired about the price. Needless to say a kid couldn't afford something like that BUT, they had one in the back with a broken tail that they offered to sell me for $25; every penny I could put together and it was mine. I glued the tail and put a ribbon around it and was happy as could be. 50 years later I had a UPS Store pack it for me (they're supposed to know what they are doing, right?) so I could carry it to a new home we are moving to. When I opened it I found it was destroyed (about 50 pieces). The store took no responsibility for their packaging even when I explained that I personally transported it. Where to go now.................Angie's List.................and I found Lakeside and Morty, Patty and Mike. What great artists they are! Morty explained the cost to repair this and the three levels of repair that they offered. He even suggested I might be able to find another one on EBay which would be much cheaper than repairing it. As upset as I was he knew that would not be an option. He was so kind to me and listened to my story while I tried to keep back tears. I never felt at all foolish for wanting to put this kind of money into a $25 item; it had so much meaning to me. When I saw the finished product I knew that I had received a very good price. It looked amazing. It goes without saying that there were no visible breaks; but the way the paint was matched and the shading was done; it was, simply put, a work of art. It is easy to see why people come to Ladeside from all over the World; yes all over the WORLD and I had a chance to see some of those pieces. I am so GRATEFUL to Morty, Patty and Mike for giving me back something so special to me, and now the tail no longer wears a ribbon!</p> <br />
Clock Repair Services. Clocks bought and sold
"First off, I don't think that it's appropriate the I put in how much I was charged so I put in $1.00 which is not the real amount, but let's just say that Marilyn's pricing is very competitive and fair. she was extremely prompt, hearing from her within 24 hours and my service was completed in a reasonable time frame. She did a great job and the clock is keeping perfect time and the chimes are filling my new home with beautiful sound! Thanks Marilyn!!! <br />
Home improvement handyman service. locksmith, plumbing, electric, sheetrock, painting, appliance installation, and anything else you could think of. No need to call different companies to complete a job. Example... If we need to break sheetrock for any repairs, we fix it back. for a shower body replacement, we break walls, we fix walls. so never a need for different contractors. my business reputation is worth more than money. so I can guarantee your happines
"Excellent. Edwin is a really diligent and talented man. It was a bit of a tougher job than he anticipated and he came at it a few ways and ended up over delivering. Terrific job and guy. I’m a repeat customer in waiting"
We specialize in electrical services , carpentry services, plumbing an waste management . -Certified Electrician -licensed contractor -All handyman work acceptable We aspire to give every customer that peace of mind guarantee , with our combination of highly skilled staff , and our efficiency through job knowledge ; and our mission to never leave a customer until the job has been finished or the customer is pleased here at Millennials &Co we continue to surpass the competition CALL NO..
HI. I AM LOCAL HANDYMAN/SMALL GENERAL CONTRACTOR. I AM HERE TO HELP YOU FIX THINGS WITHOUT BREAKING YOUR POCKET. DO NOT HESITATE AND CALL ME OR TEXT ME AND WILL BE ON MY WAY
"Very happy with his service. He was in time and friendly and fast! He took apart my Bedder Way Murphy bed in just over a half hour. And at $100 his pricing was more than fare. I would definitely use his services again!"
See all 6 highly rated companies in New YorkJoin Angi now
Find clock repair shops in
clock repair shops in New York
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A Colorful World1064 Bennetts Mills Rd
Jackson, New Jersey 08527
- A Colorful World
- Clock Repair487 S. 8th. St.
Lindenhurst, New York 11757
- Clock Repair
- Droz Contracting1955 Sedgwick Ave
Bronx, New York 10453
- Droz Contracting
- FRANKLIN CLOCK SHOP200 HAMILTON AVE
White Plains, New York 10601
- FRANKLIN CLOCK SHOP
- GIORGEOS FINE JEWELRY30 MALL DR W
Jersey City, New Jersey 07310
- GIORGEOS FINE JEWELRY
- JS Kenilworth Jewelers552 Boulevard
Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033
- JS Kenilworth Jewelers
- Millenials company Corp 591 Bristol St
Brooklyn, New York 11212
- Millenials company Corp
- Oak Ridge Clock Shop326 Oak Ridge Rd
Oak ridge, New Jersey 07438
- Oak Ridge Clock Shop