Is DIY fiberglass insulation safe? Handling fiberglass could cause a range of health issues related to skin, eyes, organs, and even cancer. Knowing how to avoid fiberglass dangers is important when planning a DIY insulation project.
Find top storage units in New Orleans, LA
There are 5 top-rated storage units in your area and 6 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Storage Unit Reviews in New Orleans
- A Storage Inn # 6 (La Place, LA)Glad storage facilities are available in our area and we don't need to go into Kenner or Metairie for secure storage site.
- All My Sons Moving & StorageThey provided thorough detailed estimate prior to move. Team arrived right on time the day of move. Arrived on time the next day and unloaded truck. Everything was well packed. The team was very professional. We are very satisfied.
- SAFEGUARD SELF STORAGEPut stuff in and continue to put items in as we empty excess from parental abode. Easy access with key or code. Satisfactory self-access hours available including weekends. Billing by direct draft handy.
- ELMWOOD SELF STORAGE & WINEI have used storage facilities in the past. My belongings were stolen from one facilities and damaged in the other facility. Elmwood has provided the most secure, clean and climate control facility. The staff is helpful and friendly and access to the facility is convenient.
- 1-800-Pack-RatContainer was delivered on the correct date. We filled it and expected it to be picked up on a Monday. Five days later, after calling every day, the container was not picked up. No one called us to explain why or what our options were. After calling several times, we learned that the truck was broken down. They have only one truck for the entire city and because each facility is a franchise, could not borrow one from a nearby facility. We had to talk to the national 1-800 customer service, could not speak with the local manager directly. We asked that he call us, were told he would, but he never did. There were several reasons why the container needed to be picked up: 1. A tropical storm headed this way, expected to cause street flooding. The container was placed in the street. 2. The house it sits in front of is no longer ours. We closed on it two days after it should have been picked up. 3. The city requires a permit for the container to be on the street, which was not obtained. We had to secure a storage unit and unload everything - in the rain - to protect our possessions. The empty container is still sitting in front of the house today. We asked for a 100% refund. Had to call a different 800 number to do that. Unsure if they will honor their 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you expect prompt, reliable service, don't use 1800packrat
- U-HAULAt the end, my property was damaged by water and insects(roaches definitely and rat droppings on the floor)and the worst part is I paid for this. When the storage was first rented insurance was on the unit. When I reported some damage, they changed their policy to paying for insurance by the month and of course I was not informed of the change. When I went to move out was when I realized the full extent of the damage(roaches, droppings and water), it was the Sunday from Hell. On Tuesday when I went back the manager then showed his true attitude to me. I told the manager,I had the original contract showing insurance and that is when I was told their policy had changed. The insurance company they use is worse than they are. Their attitude is I have bothered them with my problem. I am hoping others who have their property on the first floor will go and check on it. There was construction done and that is probably when the damages happened. I could not get a straight answer. There are probably other people with damage as well and they may not know it. Since Katrina I have had 5 moves so the storage seemed the best way to go at that time. This was property I managed to save, after losing half a home. I would have been better off burying my property considering what happened to it
Storage Units in New Orleans
- Business Description:For Long-distance piano & organ moving. We generally do not handle local moving outside of the metro St. Louis, MO area. Local #: (573) 860-6683. Additional emails: General Manager: email@example.com; Sales Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; Accounting: email@example.com; Dispatch Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; Operations Manager: email@example.com , In case of emergency contact Russ at 314-568-688Recent Review:The woman in the office who scheduled the move and took care of all the documents was extremely helpful and friendly. My apartment building is very strict and she worked over the weekend to ensure I had the proper COI. The men who delivered my piano were very professional and efficient. I am a petite woman and was alone when they delivered the piano and felt very comfortable with them thereWhitney K.
- Business Description:Veteran owned and operated. Established in 1998. Free Estimates, all inclusive pricing for each unique job, no hidden charges-ever! Secure storage, acceptance warehouse, deliveries and packing services available. LICENSE #'S: LPSC: #6892, ICC: #1043891, USDOT: #433805. Apprx.. 25 employee
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:Cost is deteremined by the job. Additional email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Agent for united van lines.Recent Review:Great team!! Very professional, responsible and flexible. It was the best moving company I have experienced, from the office staff responsiveness to the actual moving team. I highly recommend Bates Moving ComoanyJ B.
- Business Description:Welcome Home Moving Services strives every day to provide you the highest quality moving services in the industry. We are an honest and diligent company with only the most experienced movers. We have inherited a continued work ethic that we live by here at Welcome Home Moving Services. It is our promise to provide you, our customers with superior and professional moving services and top-rated customer service. We are directly affiliated with only A-rated carriers which gives us the best prici..Recent Review:Jerome and Adam from J & Z Moving were great. They had my stuff loaded quickly and all of the furniture fit through the doors without being broken down.Amanda T.
- Business Description:Our employees are uniformed and clean cut. All employees are full time and professional. We offer a large range of services sure to fit almost any needs.Recent Review:I just want to give Angie's List users a heads-up about this company. I needed a piano moved. The price was a bit higher than other quotes, but they had been used in the past by another person I knew; however, this person was unaware that the company had been acquired by a storage company in December, 2018. When I checked the Akron/Canton BBB, I saw that there was a complaint from Dec 2018 about damage done, which was never satisfied, so I am posting a grade in accordance with BBB's and looking elsewhere for a dependable moverShirley E.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated. Better Business Bureau accredited company, member of the American Moving and Storage Association, and Pro Mover.Recent Review:It was great and professionals and they took care of me.Youcosta R.
- Business Description:Whether you are moving from an apartment, condo, or you are in need of home movers, we have just the local moving services you are looking for. Our flat rate pricing guarantees the lowest moving rates available. Additional phone number - (800) 594-7779Recent Review:Terrible moving experience and it's not over yet. They still have my property that was supposed to be delivered yesterday 6/16. I'm now told that they DO NOT began looking for a delivery date until the 1st delivery date has come and gone...makes no sense... than im.told that they have 21 days to deliver my property. In the meantime. I am paying rent in an empty loft. I am livid. Never again! #WORSTCOMPANYEVER, #BBBKNOWABOUTTHEM?#THEYWILTammy A.
- Business Description:Global Small Moving Solutions - MiniMoves, has offered unique solutions for STATE to STATE small moves since 1991. Our network is fully dedicated to small moves. It's what we do best. With our full service small moves, you can save yourself the time and hassle of renting a truck and spend less than with a moving company best suited for large moves, not small moves. We believe small moves deserve the same treatment as the larger moves that's why we offer competitive guaranteed pricing and rema..Recent Review:Worst move ever. Here are some details: • We had everything in our home professionally packed by an outside firm OR Mini Moves. • Mini Moves didn't complaint or note any concerns when they took our items into their truck in June 2021. • They sold us $14,500 in services INCLUDING $850 for $0 deductible "replacement" insurance. • They destroyed a $3,500 Italian credenza that is not made any more inside our family home. • They ripped a painting by Santa Monica modernist (90 years old and retired) literally in half. The painting was purchased 10 years ago and was $5,400. Who knows how much more it is worth now. • They damaged a marble topped "server" including the top and many scratches. We asked them engage the insurance. They refused. They offered about 40 cents on the dollar towards replacement cost. We rejected that offer. They demanded that we don't write reviews on social, sites like Yelp, Angi etc... To be clear: our family understands that people are human and that things get broken in moves. Some things that are hard to replace, sometimes. What we don't understand is why these people refuse to engage their insurance which we PAID FOR. REPLACEMENT VALUE which is still a GROSS LOSS for us. Buyer BEWARE. This company doesn't want to engage their iJerry D.
- Business Description:Additional DBAs - Wheaton World Wide, Wheaton World Wide Moving.Recent Review:Prompt, efficient, courteous, and everything got moved without an issue.Eric B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful storage unit articles
If you're looking for temporary storage, there are two options, renting a self-storage unit or a portable storage container. Here are the pros and cons of each.
Estimating your moving costs can help you determine the best moving method. An online relocation calculator is a good starting point to calculate moving costs.
Find storage units in
- Belle Chasse
- Bridge City
- River Ridge
- Saint Bernard
storage units in New Orleans
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- #1 EZ Movers3101 Saint Philip St
New Orleans, Louisiana
- #1 EZ Movers
- A ACE MOVING & STORAGE1010 CENTRAL AVE
- A Clearview Mini Storage4408 Hearst St
- A Maloney Moving & Storage Inc5301 Jefferson Hwy
- A Royal Storage20027 Hwy 36
- All About Moving314 Cherry Ave NE
- All My Sons Moving & Storage11848 South Harrell's Ferry Rd Suite D
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- ALLIANCE MINI STORAGE1 W GENEVA ST
- American Van Lines1351 NW 22nd St
Pompano Beach, Florida
- AMPM Moving & Storage11500 N Stemmons Fwy
- Armstrong Relocation New Orleans LLC755 Airline Dr Ste C
- Atmosphere Movers1840 Highway 59
- A ACE MOVING & STORAGE
- CENTRAL STORAGE CTR LLC1019 CENTRAL AVE
- CENTRAL STORAGE CTR LLC
- Eyring Movers638 Moore Rd Unit A
Avon Lake, Ohio
- Eyring Movers
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- KENNER SELF STORAGE420 31ST ST
- KENNER SELF STORAGE
- Mandeville Self Storage2425 Florida st
- Manhour Construction218 South Robertson Street
New Orleans, Louisiana
- Marquis Ranch Self Storage20317 HIGHWAY 36
- MiniMoves Inc4413 W Roosevelt Rd Ste 103
- Mobile Mini - Slidell61000 St Tammany Ave
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Mandeville Self Storage
- SAFEGUARD SELF STORAGE1001 MANHATTAN BLVD
- SAFEGUARD SELF STORAGE3301 N. CAUSEWAY BLVD
- Safeguard Self Storage919 Erato Street
New Orleans, Louisiana
- Stor-Mor Portable Buildings1104 Paris Rd
- Storage Plus12134 Highway 22
- Storage Post Self Storage10259 E Airline Hwy
Saint Rose, Louisiana
- Storage Post Self Storage Destrehan2350 Brooklyn Ave
- Storage Post Self Storage Kenner300 23RD ST
- SAFEGUARD SELF STORAGE
- V&M Maintanice LTD1901 Green Acers rd
- V&M Maintanice LTD