Don't waste your money on extremely cheap products during a home improvement project. Remodeling contractors know: buying good materials is worth the cost.
Find top home improvement stores in Modesto, CA
There are 0 top-rated home improvement stores in your area and 2 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Hardware Store Reviews in Modesto
- Lowe's Home ImprovementThe thing I like about them is that they have a lot of Energy Star appliance products. Their website promotes that, which I like because they're better for the environment. Their prices and service are good as well.
- KELLEY'S CUTLERY ETC & SHRPNGWe own a dog grooming business in the area so we need to get our equipment sharpened frequently! They are always done on time and they do a great job!
- VALLEY LUMBER & SUPPLY COMPANYWhen we moved to Stockton three years ago and bought a "fixer-upper" (1920 CA bungalow), Valley Lumber was recommended by countless locals as the place to go for supplies and help. They weren't wrong. When it comes to real purchases, I always take by business to Valley Lumber - I only go to the home supply stores when there isn't really any other option. Valley Lumber can be crowded at times, but if you can wait a couple minutes for one of their employees to be freed up, it's well worth it. They always bend over backwards to make sure I get what I need and I've never left frustrated or unsatisfied. I certainly can't say the same for the big chain stores that Valley Lumber unfortunately has to compete with. These guys are the real deal - old school service - and deserve your business. Period. It's really important that we support our local hardware stores. We already lost another local lumber store; don't let Valley Lumber die too
- SCHEMPER'S ACE HARDWAREI took my lawnmower to Schemper's Ace Hardware for repair. It is an awesome service. It is a small hardware store, so you walk in and someone greets you and is willing to help you.
- HOME DEPOT INCThey do an excellent job. They have good terms and good warranty. They're very good. We've been very, very happy. I would highly recommend them I like the work ethic; they gave us different option, giving us information on the technology if it was available. The installation he had to work doubly hard because he wasn't able to bring along with him his assistant. He's a handyman himself and he had to re-do a part of the wall underneath the kitchen window because there was damage there so that was additional work that wasn't planned. He was very efficient and very creative on how he was able to fix that. The windows have been very beautiful. I was very pleased with the operation; it was very smooth. We have a lifetime warranty and it was transferable. There was a lot of thing I like about it. They're very flexible
- HOME DEPOT INCThe staff at Home Depot Inc were really helpful. Staff response kind of depends on whether there's a staff member there in the area at the time I go in. We had some discussion around the calculations. He calculated it on paper. The computer spits out another number. The machine was more accurate than the human. I think because they didn't measure the house it led to the variations
- LOWE'SI was kind of bummed at Lowe's because they don't stock Grade A 2x4 2x6's. They always say Grade 2 is the highest grade for those sizes. But that seems to be true through the region. To try to find a 2x6 that's grade 1 seems to be impossible. Unless I went to a lumber yard or traveled out of town. Grade 1 is more finished. So a 2x4 stud for wall building, it is semi-smooth but you wouldn't use it to do finished work with. It would need a considerable amount of sanding and planing. Grade 1 has been sanded and planed pretty much ready to stain and finish. Grade 2 you have to do more work. You have to spend a good deal of time at each place flipping through the stores trying to find the flattest piece, because this isn't furniture grade wood. I'm trying to force wood that wasn't made to be used for furniture to be used as such
- ABE'S DISCOUNT PLUMBING & ELECThey have a really good staff. I am a female that went into a male environment and they did not treat me like I was invisible. They did not have the scutcheon for the shower valve, but they ordered the piece and even cut it down to size once it arrived. They are very knowledgeable.
- COUNTRY CLUB HARDWARETheir staff is very helpful. They don't treat women like they are stupid. They carry the basics for almost any repair. They have stable, knowledgeable staffing. I will continue to shop here in the future.
- Sears Appliance RepairThey were fine. They did a great job. As best I can determine they are probably pretty much in the range. They were right on time. My wife was the one mostly interacting with them. She was very happy with the service. This was te first time we used them.
Home Improvement Stores in Modesto
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:It was okay, he was a gentlemen. I was happy.Rose E.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:The refrigerator went out in July 2018, I hired another company in January 2019 to finish the repair. They made one trip, my refrigerator was repaired.Edward H.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Appliancezone.com is a leading on-line retailer of appliance parts and accessories for do-it-yourself homeowners. Incorporated in 2008, it was started by CEO, Jim Allen and his wife Paula, who operated an appliance repair business for nearly fourteen years prior to starting the internet company Appliance ZoneRecent Review:This is the first online review I've ever written -- my experience with this company was that bad. Three aspects that deserve attention: 1) I placed an order and tried to cancel six minutes later. Turns out they don't accept cancellations. 2) I couldn't find a phone number, so I had to work the return/refund by email. The exchange was painful -- so unhelpful I felt like I was interacting with a bad chatbot. 3) I ended up eating shipping costs (expected) and got hit for a 50% restocking fee (unexpected) because I refused the package instead of paying to ship it back. Didn't matter that it went to the correct address, was clearly labeled, and had prior return authorization. So I ended up with a $21 refund on a $60 order, and a lesson learned about where not to buy appliance partsTyson A.
- Business Description:"Let us make your home your masterpiece" We handle all aspects of remodeling, rehab, new construction...you name it and we can do it or have a sub who can. Small local business that has been around with our sister company New Day Construction for many many year
- Business Description:NAPA Auto Parts and hardware store.
- Business Description:Lowe's offers everyday low prices on quality appliances, paint, lumber, hardware, flooring, tools and more. Shop for all your home improvement needs online or at your local Lowe's store.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home improvement store articles
When you need equipment to complete a home-improvement project, should you buy the new tools, or just rent them for a few hours — or a few days?
Find hardware stores in
- French Camp
hardware stores in Modesto
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- C&J Marvin Enterprise495 S. Goldenstate
- C&J Marvin Enterprise
- J Milano Co Inc948 W Charter Way
- J Milano Co Inc
- Lowe's Home Improvement3801 Pelandale Ave
- Lowe's Home Improvement
- Modesto Color Center930 N. Carpenter Rd. Suite B
- Modesto Color Center
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- Vampire Professional Tools International47 Peters Canyon Rd
- Vampire Professional Tools International
- ZYLSTRA AUTOMOTIVE & HARDWARE18955 E FRONT ST
- ZYLSTRA AUTOMOTIVE & HARDWARE