There are several reasons why your vacuum might not be working properly, and this guide will help you solve the problem. We break down four of the most common vacuum cleaner problems, from blockages, to low suction, to busted vacuum belts.
Find top vacuum cleaners in Milwaukee, WI
There are 4 top-rated vacuum cleaners in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Vacuum Cleaner Reviews in Milwaukee
- Brookfield Vacuum CleanersI love Brookfield Vacuum Center! I dumped the old Dyson that my husband and I both hated (hose broke in 4 places in 1 year) and bought a Simplicity Premiere (for upstairs) first and loved it so much I went back after 1 year and purchased a Simplicity cordless (bright red - your choice of colors - that says, "Look Ma, No Hands" right on it . . . How can you not love that???!!!!) and a Simplicity Sport small canister (so easy to strap on and use with attachments for everything the cordless can't do). The cordless is the best vacuum I have ever used and makes cleaning floors a snap (1/2 the time of any other vacuum I have ever had). David is a great salesperson: He doesn't waste your time with a bunch of sales lingo, he just tells you like it is. These people know vacuums inside out. They buy in volume and get a discount and pass it along to their customers with pricing cheaper than on-line. Plus they offer a service plan at no extra charge - they annually inspect your cleaner and change the bag. My Simplicity Premiere that I have had for 2 years went in for a servicing and they told me that they replaced the hose (even though I didn't see anything wrong with it) because it "wasn't quite right"). I could not be happier. Save yourself time (with cleaning) and money and visit Brookfield Vacuum Center - tell them Nancy Fritz referred you
- West Allis Vacuum CenterI took my vacuum to the shop and left it for repair. The owner replaced the plug and gave me instructions for preventing the problem. Another shop refused the job and I thought I might have to buy a whole new machine. What a good use of a few minutes driving time and a few dollars!
- Brookfield Vacuum CleanersIt was the electric cord retractor which is a part from the manufacturer. Well, rather than toss it, we fixed it. The major cost was for the parts. Labor was a reasonable hourly rate. The calls were timely. I will look to buy my next vac from this place.
- Brookfield Vacuum CleanersVery knowledgable. Sold me a great upgraded central vacuum unit to replace our older unit. Prompt and professional installation.
- THS VACUUM CENTERTHS VACUUM CENTER WAS VERY HELPFUL WHEN WE REQUIRED A REPAIR FOR OUR VACUUM CLEANER. THEY OFFERED ADVICE AND PARTS SO THAT WE COULD REPAIR IT OURSELVES. WE WOULD DEFINITELY GO BACK FOR ALL OF OUR VACUUM NEEDS.
- West Allis Vacuum CenterTHIS PLACE HAS BEEN AT 67TH AND LINCOLN FOR 25 YEARS. I'VE USED HIS SERVICES JUST RECENTLY AND YEARS AGO. BOTH TIMES I WAS HAPPY WITH THE REPAIR AND HIS SERVICE. IN ADDITION TO REPAIRS THERE ARE ALSO RECONDITIONED VACUUM CLEANERS THAT HE SELLS. THERE'S NO NEED TO EVER BUY A NEW VACUUM CLEANER!
- Brookfield Vacuum CleanersI called several other stores and was told that the solution would cost over $90 and would take over a week to fix, since the stores would need to ship the vacuum cleaner to Chicago to be fixed there. However, Brookfield Vacuum Cleaners said they could fix it on the spot, without a wait or an appointment. It took less than 10 minutes from the time I entered the store until my vacuum cleaner was fixed and back in my car. All that for less than $11!! Incidentally, while I was there, I noticed the store employees helping a elderly woman whose car had broken down near their store. Excellent service
- MEQUON VACUUM CLEANER CENTERI brought it in thinking that there was nothing that could be done for it, and I got a call from Duane 3 days later saying it was ready to go, and the cost was under $40.00. I couldn't believe it! He also went on to say what a great machine it was and recommended ways to prolong its life. I would recommend them to everyone
- THS VACUUM CENTEREVEN THOUGH THEY TOLD ME THE UNIT I HAD WAS JUNK - THEY DID A GREAT JOB FIXING IT. THEY HAD IT BACK TO ME WITHIN ONE DAY AND IT WAS ONLY $30 OR SO. THE VACUUM WORKED GREAT AFTER THEY HAD FIXED IT.
- Mr VakDemitri took a quick look at the vacuum and said it could be repaired; later he called to say the motor needed to be replaced and the cost would be higher than the estimate, if I still wanted to fix it. He said that he was going to charge me only the cost of the new motor (without markup) even though I sort of protested. A few hours later I picked it up and it's better than new because he grounded the plug, too
Vacuum Cleaners in Milwaukee
- Business Description:Since 1999, we've helped millions of people save money and fix their broken appliances quickly by providing quality parts and free repair help. 365 days to return any part. Amazingly fast shipping. It's better with the Pros!™ Avoid costly service calls - visit us at http://www.appliancepartspros.coRecent Review:Worked great. Good price, fast shipping. Fit like a charm.Alan T.
- Business Description:In business since 1992. 4000 Sq. Ft. showroom with over 50 gas, wood & pellet fireplaces, inserts & stoves on display. Many displays are burning including 11 gas burning fireplace inserts. We offer installations of wood & gas fireplaces and freestanding stoves by heatilator, heat, glo, quadra-fire and harman. Central vacuum cleaning systems by vacuflo. Only the owner does in home estimates and we don't have commissioned salespeople; you get what's best for you, not what's best for their paych..Recent Review:Excellent service. We had an issue with the fireplace they installed almost 5 years ago (well past warranty). We figured we'd have to pay a technician for a service call, but Ken walked us through it over the phone. Ten minutes later, the problem was solved. Highly recommendedDon W.
- Business Description:At A Touch of Class Cleaners cleaning is our business. It's what we do (and we do a lot of it) and we're really good at it. So why spend the time you could use honing your own skills doing something as mundane as cleaning? Let us give you the freedom to pursue your dreams. Cash or check is acceptable due on the day of services. For each referral given receive 20% off one cleaning. PLEASE BE ADVISED MY SCHEDULE IS VERY BOOKED AND AT TIMES THERE MAY BE A 2-3 WEEKS WAIT BEFORE I CAN FIT IN A NE..Recent Review:Professional and thorough house cleaning. Nicole and her team do a great job!Aaron D.
- Business Description:11 Employees. No subs. Charges determined by flat rate. Travel charges may apply to Washington & Racine Counties. $75 Angie's List discount. Additional contact name - Joe Dorff. Award winning.Recent Review:They were the first (of 3 companies) to respond to me after I requested quotes on dryer vent cleaning. I called the next morning and they checked where their crew was that day and fit me in that afternoon! All the guys on the crew were extremely nice, courteous and professional. We would definitely hire again. Thanks guysDave G.
- Business Description:We are a complete automotive service shop with ASE certified technitians. Owning our own body shop we service any concern bumper to bumper. We also have a loaner car service with allows us to keep vehicles at the shop without interferring with our custumers everyday life. In turn, ensuring confidence in our diagnostics and quality of our repairsRecent Review:I want to share my experience with Brookfield Auto so that I can try to prevent the same thing from happening to others that happened to me. I started taking my truck to Brookfield Auto last summer for AC issues. Since then, I have had to bring my truck to them 5 different times. Every time I dropped my truck off with them, I would with pick it up and have the same issue a week later or they would fix one issue but cause damage/issues with something else. Eventually, I found myself without AC and heat after taking it to them! I attempted to take my truck elsewhere after the second time I picked up my truck from them and was still having issues, but no one wanted to work on it since Brookfield Auto care had already messed with it. I had no choice but to keep taking it to them. $1800 later and over a year later, I still had no AC/heat or it would kick in and out. I went all last winter without any heat and had gotten stranded in parking lots on more then one occasion because my defrosters would not work. I finally decided to ask my boyfriend and a friend of his to try to help. They started doing a little bit of research on YouTube and asking around, and figured out that the blower motor failing is a common issue with Chevy Silverado pick ups. They picked up the part from Auto Zone for $95, changed it in one hour having almost NO experience with mechanical work, and my AC and heat have been working beautifully ever since. It turns out it was an easy, cheap, and simple fix all along but Brookfield Auto never even bothered to try it. The guys at Brookfield Auto are not only incompetent but also dishonest. Dan and Rick will act like they care but do not trust them. One of the the times I dropped my truck off by them, Dan quoted me $750 for the repair. I went in there that same day and talked to Rick before I had decided if I wanted them to move forward with the repair or not, who then quoted me $250 for the same exact repair! I hope no one has to put up with as much crap as I did from Brookfield Auto but if you do chose to go there be prepared to be taken advantage of and lied to. I wouldn't trust these guys with a kids bicycleandie m.
- Business Description:I have worked in the maintenance field for over 30 years. I have been the facility manager and repair guy for Brookfield square for 10 years. For the next 16 years I worked at a major car dealership maintaining and repairing everything. I also worked construction for 2 years. With all this experience I have learned to fix everything and I pride myself in doing it right. I do not like to cut corners. I mostly work alone but can find a fellow tradesman (I have a lot of friends in the ..
- Business Description:No subs. Cost determined by the job.
- Business Description:No subs. Cost determined by job. Ask about angie's list discount. Additional contact - john bowman.
- Business Description:3 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. NO TRAVEL CHARGE. COST DETERMINED BY QUOTE.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful vacuum cleaner articles
Adjusting the height of your vacuum cleaner ensures your carpets get as clean as possible. The process varies by vacuum, but it’s easy no matter what. Learn how to adjust your vacuum’s carpet height settings in 30 seconds or less.
Vacuuming your home kind of works the same way, and while vacuuming your floors may not be as fun as baking a cake, it's still important to do it right!
Find vacuum cleaner services in
vacuum cleaner services in Milwaukee
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Touch of Class Cleaners109 N 3rd St
- ACTIVE SALES & SERVICE5609 W. NORTH AVE
- Air Quality Controllers LLC2920 N Brookfield Rd Ste A
- Alaskan Fireplace9820 Durand Ave
- America In-Home Technology3485 N 124th St
- AppliancePartsPros.com240 Edwards Street Southeast
- A Touch of Class Cleaners
- E-Z VACUUM CENTER CENTER2661 S HOWELL AVE
- E-Z VACUUM CENTER CENTER
- Janal Products15002 Torry Pines Rd
- Janal Products
- QUAMME'S HOME CARE PRODUCTS4925 S PACKARD AVE
- QUAMME'S HOME CARE PRODUCTS
- SEW 'N SAVE13640 W Capitol Dr
- SEW 'N SAVE
- Vac Hut Plus Inc5031 W Howard Ave
- Vac Hut Plus Inc
- West Allis Vacuum Center7629 W Beloit Rd
West Allis, Wisconsin
- West Allis Vacuum Center