Real estate agents earn a commission when they sell a property. Most often, the commission is 6% of the final sale price. But did you know you may be able to negotiate your realtor fees? Learn how you might be able to negotiate a lower realtor commission.
Get matched with top real estate agents in Madison, WI
There are 4 highly-rated local real estate agents.
Recent Real Estate Agent Reviews in Madison
- Liz WeirichShe did a great job and I really liked working with Bridgett. She found what I wanted and was never pushy. Very professional and I would highly recommend her.
- Sprinkman Real EstateWe had the worst experience that we have ever had with a real estate agent, namely, Sprinkman Real Estate. Shelley was to get the stager, who was then going to contact a painter, house cleaner, etc., for us, as one would have reasonably expected for the commission we were going to be paying. Instead, the 'stager' handed us a list of people to contact ourselves and then emptied the house, decided not to stage any room and put a potted plant on the front porch. One potted plant. Easy money. We had to suggest an Open House to Shelley ourselves, as, after a few weeks into the process, she obviously decided that we were not important enough to deal with. On the Thursday before the Sunday Open House, we had to call Shelley to remind her to put up the sign. We also had to tell her to put up the real estate brochure box. Sprinkman agency then put up incorrect information on Zillow, which, she told us, she was unable to take down. Apparently, Shelley thought the house was going to sell itself, and, better yet, she and her stager were going to make a huge profit on the sale for doing absolutely nothing. This was the most unprofessional encounter we have ever had in Madison - and I have lived here since 1989. Only now, a few months later, am I able to write this in words that needn't be censored
- Keller Williams - Tim Pierson Home Sales TeamHe’s been great. We’ve used him multiple times. Tim is easily reachable and is very helpful. All his team members are great and professional. We receive regular communication from them. He is one of the best real estate agents we’ve come across.
- Lauer Realty GroupI worked with Liz Lauer to buy my first home, and I had an awesome experience. I feel so lucky that Liz was my realtor. She was patient, kind and straightforward. She educated me so much on what I should be looking for and what was realistic. I never felt rushed and I never felt like she was impatient with me. Every time we walked into an open house, the other realtors would greet Liz - it's clear everyone in town knows her and respects her. She made sure I bought a good house that fit my budget and my needs. Liz was very knowledgeable about various home styles and the history of different neighborhoods in Madison. She was always responsive to emails, phone calls and texts. Liz was on time and professional. I never felt like she pressured me or rushed me to make an offer on a home I wasn't sure about. Every day I walk into my new house, I love it more. My friend who recommended Liz told me, "I would never buy or sell a house in Madison without Liz Lauer," and now I understand why. Liz is amazing and I feel so lucky she helped me find the perfect home
- Lauer Realty GroupI initially spoke with Rachel regarding purchasing a house. She specializes as a buyer's agent and suggested I talk with Liz Lauer regarding the sale of my condo. I met with Liz and she was well prepared for the meeting. She had provided research regarding condo sales around my area and provided a suggested starting price. She gave me ideas on how to stage the condo for showings. She explained her marketing campaign and discussed the housing forecast. I felt very confident that she could sell my condo for close to the asking price. Shortly before I met with her, I had been contacted by a buyer to see my condo that was listed as Make Me an Offer on Zillow.com. I ended up receiving an offer from this buyer. I had planned on listing with Liz if the buyer did not make an offer on the condo
- Lauer Realty GroupWe are very pleased with our most recent experience. Liz Lauer & Associates has handled the purchasing of our investment property with ease. This is our first time as investors and we've felt that we are in good hands with Liz.
- Lauer Realty GroupAs first time homebuyers we were nervous and uncertain. Liz and team helped walk us through the process. The provided us with lots of information. They respected our price point and neighborhood selection. While she provided coaching on our purchase price offers she also respected our decision to stand firm when the sellers were not willing to budge. She provided numerous renovation quotes to the seller to help us stand firm on our offer to purchase price. She is honest, hard working and very knowledgeable about the downtown Madison market
- Lauer Realty GroupLiz really knows what she's doing. I've bought and sold about 10 houses over the years and Liz Lauer has been -by far! - the best realtor I've worked with. She knows the market, timing, and what to expect. Liz was able to sort through a lot of information and focus on our needs and preferences very quickly. Liz is a professional, but there's so much more going on with her that makes her stand out from other realtors. Her instincts are spot on and she's a great advocate. You'll never wonder if Liz is following up or if you're on her radar. She's in touch, very organized, and I've always felt like a priority for her. Her focus is amazing! She makes it seem easy, even though, of course, she was working with several other people at the same time. Liz makes it look seamless and relaxed and that you have every bit of her attention and concern. On top of that, she's smart, funny, and wonderfully connected with people and the community. Liz clearly loves her work and it's infectious. Buying and selling houses can be really stressful. Do it with Liz Lauer and the entire process of looking, offers, counter offers, inspections, paperwork, and closing will go like a dream
- Lauer Realty GroupIt took a great deal of work and patience to find the right house and Liz was right there the entire time. She is extremely knowledgeable not only about real estate and current trends but also in regards to construction. She was invaluable in her guidance and always had a very objective view of things. Her staff is excellent as well and very professional anytime I talked with them or visited the office
- Lauer Realty GroupWe needed to relocate from out of state fairly quickly and wanted to find a house within our price range but also close to the University. We were also first-time home buyers. Liz Lauer and associates really knew the area and the market well, and were able to show us several houses in just a few days that met our qualifications. Liz really helped us with all our novice questions throughout the whole process and we ended up with a great house
Real Estate Agent in Madison
- Business Description:Lauer Realty Group is a collective of agents passionate about helping people realize their Real Estate dreams. We specialize in residential sales in the greater Madison area of Isthmus, Lake, Historic and everyday adorable homes. Buying or selling, we know the city better than anyone. Our goal is to get you off the Real Estate roller coaster, into a smoother process ending with a smart transaction. We artfully negotiate winning deals for our clients, which is why we’ve been in the top 1% of R..Recent Review:I worked with Liz Lauer to buy my first home, and I had an awesome experience. I feel so lucky that Liz was my realtor. She was patient, kind and straightforward. She educated me so much on what I should be looking for and what was realistic. I never felt rushed and I never felt like she was impatient with me. Every time we walked into an open house, the other realtors would greet Liz - it's clear everyone in town knows her and respects her. She made sure I bought a good house that fit my budget and my needs. Liz was very knowledgeable about various home styles and the history of different neighborhoods in Madison. She was always responsive to emails, phone calls and texts. Liz was on time and professional. I never felt like she pressured me or rushed me to make an offer on a home I wasn't sure about. Every day I walk into my new house, I love it more. My friend who recommended Liz told me, "I would never buy or sell a house in Madison without Liz Lauer," and now I understand why. Liz is amazing and I feel so lucky she helped me find the perfect homeK G.
- Business Description:"Homework is her business" – Sue has been a full time Realtor/Broker since 1983 and a 2017 Angie’s List Super Service Award Winner. Sue was born in Madison, attended Sun Prairie and Stevens Point, where she has ties to the local area and specializes in negotiation and contract law. She comes from a family of Realtors and you will find her easy to work with during the home buying process, where she keeps it personable, open, and honest. Send her a message and tell her your storyRecent Review:We are out-of-state so I contacted 3 Madison realtors to do some research on condos before we flew in for a long weekend. Sue was the only one who took the time to answer our questions fully and educate us on the real estate market in Madison. We visited the city for a long weekend. Sue spend time showing us a range of condos all over the city. By day 4, we had found a condo, made an offer and did the rest of the transaction from out-of-state. Sue is the consummate professional, on-time, organized and fully committed. Plus she is very pleasant company. She gives you the information you need but also the space to decide for yourself. No hard sell here - just genuine interest in helping you find the right place for you. I feel we were very lucky to find Sue and recommend her highlyAnn K.
- Business Description:BOE MORTGAGE, NMLS ID #418481 (Bank of England Mortgage) offers mortgage financing solutions nationwide. We provide Angies List Members with the expertise and services that are traditionally offered by the largest financial services institutions in the country but with the integrity of a local community bankRecent Review:Nick Thiry and everyone who helped at Bank of England were great. They were professional, had service oriented attitudes, and got the job done well. They helped us in the decision making process, and guided us through all the paperwork, etc. Thanks Nick! Great workAdam H.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.coRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
- Business Description:We are a relocation company offering relocation services on a national level inclusive of our Real Estate Rebate program, Moving and Mortgage Services at a discount with National Movers and Lenders. We will handle all aspects of your listing, help with your purchase, set up your move and get you a mortgage. All at NO cost to youRecent Review:I still have to search for it, I don't know how to log in to it. It is a mess!Heath F.
- Business Description:Property Management and Investment Property Brokerage.
- Business Description:My greatest pleasure is helping people new to the area and first time buyers and sellers. Because of the novelty, they tend to candidly show their appreciation in great measure. I've lived in the Madison for over 45 years and I am in my 19th year as a full time Real Estate Consultant. Being raised in a family of Realtors that have been helping people since 1977.
- Business Description:We are a real estate team to help with buying, selling, or investing in properties in the greater Dane and western Jefferson counties. Give a call or email us if you have questions about the market, are thinking about buying or selling or are curious what your home may be worth and we'll do a market analysis for you! Military Discounts Available
- Business Description:Based in Madison, we provide Flat Fee MLS advertising for home sellers in South Central WI. We are a true hybrid between traditional FSBO and Full Service Realty companies. We let you retain control over the home selling process while providing you with the same MLS exposure as a full-service real estate listing companyRecent Review:I've bought and sold a lot of homes over the years and using Madcity Homes was the best decision I have ever made when it comes to Real Estate Agents. This is a firm that understands market conditions and how the real estate business has changed over the years and provides a service that matches the market. They were prompt, courteous, delivered more than they promised and were an outstanding value. In short, they did exactly what they promised and more. Unfortunately after selling our home (in 36 hours, which was a great thing) we moved out of the area or I would use them again and again. If you are thinking of selling your home in Madison, WI call Madcity homes. They were outstanding. (P.S. take the option of having Madcity homes do the offer negotiations. This was absolutely, positively worth the extra fee)Fredric G.
- Business Description:Selling of Real Estate.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful real estate agent articles
Buying a house can be an exciting and scary adventure for anyone. Real estate agents share some of the common missteps first-timers make when buying a house.
While a home inspector will check these items for you, you can do a preliminary inspection yourself before you even make an offer on a home.
Find real estate agents in
- Cottage Grove
- Sun Prairie
- De Forest
- Cross Plains
- Black Earth
- Mount Horeb
real estate agents in Madison
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Aaron Weber Group7979 Greenway Blvd
- Accent Management LLC2317 S Stoughton Road
- Acker Home Inspections2481 Evans Rd
MC FARLAND, Wisconsin
- Alliance Realty Center6302 Odana Rd
- American Mortgage & Equity Consultants2222 N mayfair rd
- Amy Ripp - Realtor, ABR, e-Pro since 20044706 Cottage Grove Rd.
- Amy Sherman-Kortbein6300 University Ave
- Arcbazar Inc114 Western Ave
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- Aaron Weber Group
- CATHY LACY2927 S FISH HATCHERY RD
- CCI MANAGEMENT OF MADISON INC7600 TERRACE AVE STE 201
- CENTURY 21238 S MAIN ST
- Century 21 Affiliated4274 East Towne Blvd 206
- Century 21 Crossroads520 Hartwig Blvd.
Johnson Creek, Wisconsin
- Clock Tower Office Park6417 Odana Rd
- ColorScapes Design Remodel5330 Milward Drive
Madison Wi, Wisconsin
- CONDO MANAGEMENT ASSOC6333 Odana Rd Ste 26
- Cozy New Homes130 Orchard St
- Cranberry Creek Restaurant & Catering6308 Monona Dr
- CreditGuard of America791 Park of Commerce Blvd Ste 500
Boca Raton, Florida
- Customer Service Relocation248 Leffler Cir
Florence, New Jersey
- CATHY LACY
- iGrowCash8615 S Deerwood Ln
- JACCI SEE7979 GREENWAY BLVD
- JANE STAUTER4868 HIGH CROSSING BLVD
- JG Development Inc4070 East Brigham Road
Blue Mounds, Wisconsin
- JOAN HAVEN REALTY1933 KEYES AVE
- Josh Lavik & Associates at Keller Williams Realty200 River Place, Suite 130
- Judy and Company at Keller Williams Realty200 river place suit 130
- Julie Kleven7979 Greenway Blvd
- JACCI SEE
- Lauer Realty Group2229 Atwood Ave
- Lauer Realty Group
- Mad City Dream Homes610 Junction Rd, Suite 205
- madcityhomes.com629 Hilltop Drive
- Madison Buyer Agency9105 Silverstone Lane
- Madison Flat Fee Homes6907 University Ave Ste 222
- Madison Realtors Maria Antoinette2945 Monroe St
- Madison's Alternative Realtors LLC1 N Pinckney St Ste 200
- Maggie Juris & Associates - Keller Williams3 Point Pl
- MAKING DREAMS Realty w/ Keller Williams4450 Milton Ave
- Mary Tracy Homes - Restaino and Associates26 Schroeder Ct
- Michelle Ames Homes3 Point Place, Suite 100
- Mad City Dream Homes
- Our House Realty1788 Oakview Dr
- Our House Realty
- Pam Hickey1777 W Main St Ste 201
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
- Pam Widen- Coldwell Banker Success2920 Marketplace Drive, #202
- Pat's Realty Inc16 W. Fulton St.
- Paula Dollard, Bunbury & Associates6180 Verona Road
- Pohlkamp & Associates2417 Parmenter St
- Property Keepers Inc15000 S Cicero Ave Ste 1C
Oak Forest, Illinois
- Property Revival, LLC4211 W beltline highway
- PRUDENTIAL COMMUNITY REALTY2001 W. Beltline Hwy suite #202
- Pure Integrity Homes- RE/MAX Preferred116 Braun Rd.
- Pam Hickey
- RE/MAX Connections2616 New Pinery Rd
- RE/MAX Grand144 4th Ave Ste 3
- Real Estate Guy @ Real Broker Madison 701 E Washington Ave Ste. 102
- Restaino & Associates Inc Realtors6300 University Ave
- Restaino & Associates Realtors26 Schroeder Ct
- ROBIN WINISTORFER MBA2927 S FISH HATCHERY RD
- RE/MAX Connections
- Sabel Zaffiro - Brunker Realty Group LLC116 3rd St
- Sara Investment Real Estate LLC6264 Nesbitt Road
- Schuster Realty Group / Re/Max Preferred529 Trail Side Dr
- Sharon L Milliken7979 Greenway Blvd
- Sheila Power26 Schroeder Ct
- Spencer Real Estate Group6712 Frank Lloyd Wright Avenue Suite 203
- Stacy Borman26 Schroeder Ct
- Stark Co Realtors2980 Arapaho Drive
- Sue Pederson & Associates, Realtors LLC5111 Raymond Rd
- Sabel Zaffiro - Brunker Realty Group LLC
- The Alexander Company345 W Washington Ave Ste 301
- The Condo Shoppe6 Glacier Ct
- The Hendrix Group | Keller Williams6850 College Blvd
- The Kruse Company Realtors2935 S Fish Hatchery Rd # 413
- The Susi Haviland Team702 N High Point Road Suite 100
- Thomas Ciccones' Business Consultant Entrepreneur1135 North Wickham Road
- TK Designs & Consulting, LLC4886 Foxfire Trl
- The Alexander Company