Is DIY fiberglass insulation safe? Handling fiberglass could cause a range of health issues related to skin, eyes, organs, and even cancer. Knowing how to avoid fiberglass dangers is important when planning a DIY insulation project.
Find top storage units in Grand Rapids, MI
There are 4 top-rated storage units in your area and 4 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Matching on Angi
Recent Storage Unit Reviews in Grand Rapids
- Bykerk Landscape Management, IncBykerk is a great place as long as an individual doesn’t complain, if you do have an issue their first response is to make numerous excuses then tell you your welcome to move out and not use their services. Have spent thousands of dollars and very disappointed in their supposed Christian values only to realize how hypocritical and uncaring management really is
- Life StorageStorage facility is safe, has a main gate for security. Area of storage units are clean.
- Corrigan Moving Systems Grand Rapids IncFrom the quoting process to the final delivery, it all went smoothly. Nothing was missing or broke. Everything happened on time. The main office did a good job of communicating with us during the whole process.
- LANGE STORAGETHEY WERE VERY RESPECTFUL PEOPLE. THEY MOVED EVERYTHING WITH THE UT MOST CARE. NONE OF MY BREAKABLE STUFF BROKE. THEY WERE THERE ON TIME AND I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS.
- ALLEGAN U-STORU-Store in Allegan is by far the greatest place I have ever gone to for copies and any other business needs I need e.g. copies, brochures, business cards. Their staff is the most professional, helpful, and courteous. There was even one that at the drop of a dime I need business cards and copies done very quickly. To the best of her ability she got it all don and it came out perfect THANKS "BR*T" (done to keep their privacy). I would very strongly and highly recommend their service anytime. A+++++++++++++++
- TORRESEN MARINE INCThey work on boats, and they are very fair, trustworthy and reliable. People bring their boats from Chicago and store them over here because it is less expensive. Brian and his old man Gordon run the place; and they are the Yanmar diesel experts of North America. They do good work and they are affordable. Some boat yards won’t even let people work on their own boats; but they let me do that
- Corrigan Moving Systems Grand Rapids IncUnder horrible snow and bad weather conditions....Corrigan was unable to pick up our goods with the expected large truck that just could not get down our snow clogged street. They brought in two small trucks and four men who loaded our goods on the small trucks and moved them to the local warehouse. They were later loaded on the large truck that delivered them to us in SC. Loading, unloading, reloading and delivering is not the ideal situation...But it went excellent. Nothing was lost or misplaced. We had one mixing bowl broken, a cabinet leg broken, some veneer slightly chipped, a handle lost....but under extremely adverse conditions these were very minor and the entire move went very well. All of the staff were professional and courteous. They showed concern for our property. Steve and Terry who were our move coordinators kept us informed and were always responsive. The estimate was well done and WeAre getting some money back! I would highly recommend Corrigan to anyone looking for an easy move with low hassles. As a former Navy family we have moved many times.....this ranks high among the easiest ever
- HOLTON STORE N LOCKHolton Store N Lock is owned and operated by a husband and wife who built the storage facility on commercial property their son owns. When I asked about the size unit we were looking for (10x20), I was told there was 'supposed' to be one opening up the following Sunday but the husband wasn't sure if the renters were actually going to be out. He did not seem to have an issue with holding the unit for me if the renters had vacated, or even holding their last 10x10 until we arrived (we were moving from out of state). He suggested I call back on Monday to confirm. I called back Wednesday and received the same response regarding the status of the 10x20 unit - only this time I spoke with his wife. At this point in time, I did not know there was no office on-site so I'm thinking, "Okay, smaller town...slower communication possibly...but how do you not know if your tenants are out or still occupying the space?" I began asking the wife about holding the 10x10 and an additional 10x5 as her husband had agreed to do, but when she was very hesitant, I offered to provide my CC info just so that they knew I was really serious. She still did not want to hold the unit and I had to reinforce our situation - we were moving back from across the country and I needed to know that I had a place to put my stuff when we arrived in the area. I even told her to just run the units on the card so that they were paid for. She finally agreed to take my card information but never did charge my card for the units. We arrived in the area on a Friday night. First thing Saturday morning, I headed out to sign papers on the units so we could unload the moving truck - only, the address is a residential address and no where near a storage facility. I drove back to the storage facility looking for the office (someone had told me where the place was), but there was none. Just a construction company next door that shares the driveway. Confused, I called the husband and wife and was told that they do all their business out of their home, which was the correct residential address I had driven by earlier. A bit put off, I set out to the house to sign papers where my card information was entered incorrectly twice, giving me a heart attack and thinking that something had happened to all my money while we were on the road. Identity theft was my first thought until I saw him entering my second card's information incorrectly. I asked him to use my first card again, this time paying attention to how he was entering the numbers, and it went through just fine (he was typing 1's instead of 7's). The total on the two units is $80/mo - $50 on the 10x10 and $30 on the 10x5. I was hoping that they would at least cut me a break on the total since a single larger unit was $75 (10x20 that we wanted in the first place) and I ended up getting less space. Whatever. In the rental agreement, there is no mention of how to pay for the units on the due dates - just a grace period and late fees statement. There is an address to their home, but honestly, very few people actually use paper checks anymore. There is a QR code on the front of the gate that does identify how payment can be electronically, but this should also be stated in their lease documentation. Since my payment is due, I now have to download a QR code reader app, hop in the car, and then make my payment. PayPal would probably be a more convenient payment option. All in all, it's nice place, well-kept, the owners are friendly (enough), but there were/are some inconveniences. It's reasonably priced for other near-by facilities and has a gated entry with fencing, which many other facilities in the area do not
- SIDE DOOR MINI STORAGEMy husband rented this unit to be a temporary hold of our goods while he made additional shelving arrangements at our house. Unfortunately, he passed away unexpectedly and I found myself having to empty the unit and divide the contents among our children. Per the contract, I gave the owners, Mike and Carol, 30 days written notice, made the last payment and vacated the unit. I vacated the unit early into the 30 day period because of convenience. I was touched and surprised to receive a personal letter from the Tillers expressing condolences (my husband met these folks, but I never did) and they refunded my last payment because they were able to rent the unit right away! It is rare to see such unexpected kindness and honesty. Frankly, the money came in very handy under the circumstances, and I am so grateful. If you want do deal with real people who are straight shooters, consider using Side Door for your storage needs
- Corrigan Moving Systems Grand Rapids IncIf you want your furniture destroyed, then book with this company. This is going to be a long one. I was hoping that my experience with Corrigan would have been a smooth one, seeing all their great reviews. However, that was not the case. I had Corrigan pick up my furniture and things from my house in Michigan a year ago, and put into their warehouse storage. The pickup went okay, only one item was damaged, but other than that everything was packed and put into the truck without issue. This was the only decent part of my experience. Fast forward to about a month ago, when I contacted Corrigan to schedule for me to pick up my things from storage with my rental truck. I was told that I had an outstanding bill for monthly storage, even though my credit card was charged every month for the year my things were in their warehouse (I had the charges on every month on my credit card bill). Their billing department is a disaster, and doesn't even know when they are charging someone or not. When I got to their warehouse, and all my furniture and things were laid out, I was extremely upset. My favorite furniture pieces were severely damaged. My $2k TV stand was in shambles and broken beyond repair. My kitchen table had gouges, chips, scratches and paint stains on it from them packing the table uncovered into the vault with things on top. One of the mover helpers even accused me of doing the damage myself. The way that my furniture and things were treated when they were packed into their warehouse vaults was appalling. I never expected things to be so damaged, especially when I have paid this company a lot of money and trusted my things would be in good hands. Another piece of my furniture was left behind at their warehouse, and when I contacted the company after I got to my destination and noticed it was missing, I was told that I instructed them to leave it there. Why would I take the top of a coffee table but tell them to leave the bottom at the warehouse? The item has been disposed of and I cannot get it back. I have claims for the damages and losses in with the company, and will update on how that goes. I am not feeling positive that I will get money back from this company for my destroyed furniture... All in all, this was the worst moving experience I've ever had. I would never recommend this company to anyone who values their household items
Storage Units in Grand Rapids
- Business Description:For Long-distance piano & organ moving. We generally do not handle local moving outside of the metro St. Louis, MO area. Local #: (573) 860-6683. Additional emails: General Manager: email@example.com; Sales Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; Accounting: email@example.com; Dispatch Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; Operations Manager: email@example.com , In case of emergency contact Russ at 314-568-688Recent Review:Piano arrived damaged. They did not honor the insurance we had purchased from them, despite photographic evidence. Stay away.Kyle R.
- Business Description:Cost is deteremined by the job. Additional email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Agent for united van lines.Recent Review:The representative was very friendly and helpful. She said they were a representative of United Van Lines but did not serve my area. She suggested I go to the web site to find a local rep.Jennifer E.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Cory and Colton arrived on the time schedule, did a survey on the apartment and quickly started moving the furniture. They were very professional and did the best they could to finish as early as possible.Roberto D.
- Business Description:Rest assured that your possessions are in capable hands when you select Kingsley Moving Systems. LLC of Lansing, MI for your moving needs. With our help, you’ll soon enjoy the comforts of your new home or business location without having to lift a single box. Kingsley Moving Systems. LLC has a reputation as a full-service company that combines quality performance with affordable rates to meet your moving needs. Commercial or residential, we provide personal and dependable services. Give us a ..Recent Review:I was amazed by the way my furniture was wrapped and carefully packed. We had very heavy items that required special handling and I needlessly worried about safety and damage. The movers worked quickly and efficiently. The were very professional and accommodating. I highly recommend Kingsley Moving. Will use them againMichele H.
- Business Description:We have been serving the Greater Grand Rapids area and have been family owned and operated since 1975. We offer everything one would need to have and maintain a beautiful landscape for years to come! Mention Angie's List for special pricingRecent Review:Bykerk is a great place as long as an individual doesn’t complain, if you do have an issue their first response is to make numerous excuses then tell you your welcome to move out and not use their services. Have spent thousands of dollars and very disappointed in their supposed Christian values only to realize how hypocritical and uncaring management really isPaul R.
- Business Description:Cleveland, OH - Established here in 1897 with horse and wagon, Eyring Movers is still moving residential and business customers (local and long distance) but now with a modern fleet of trucks! With full company management from start to finish, our men pack, load and deliver to the final destination, allowing you to remain carefree. Eyring Movers has continued to grow through referrals and an excellent reputation for over 120 years. Eyring Movers is a member of the Ohio Association of Movers, ..Recent Review:Cheryl was very friendly but said they only do long-distance moves that originate in their area (OH).Jennifer E.
- Business Description:As a multi-year Super Service Award winner, Premier Relocations LLC is a family owned moving business with decades of industry experience. The Mayflower Transit name is the most recognized name in the moving industry. We opened Premier Relocations LLC because we wanted to build something special in our community and bring the Mayflower standards to the Detroit suburbs. Every day we move people, but every move is different. We love our customers and strive to build lifelong relationships. What..Recent Review:We recently moved 1 mile down the road and hired premier to help with the move. About 30 minutes after being their the mover mentioned there was a stain on my couch and said it was not them. I didn't think anything of it as the mark was small and i honestly didn't remember if it was their at the time. At the end of the move while the crew was removing all of the protection from the stairs and cleaning up the tape and boxes the driver rushed me through paperwork saying they had an overnight drive to South Carolina and needed to get on the road. While rushing me through he handed me a sheet of paper and said this just confirms we didnt cause any major damage. They did not advise that I should go check the old house after their second load and that signing this would waive liability of anything or i would have checked thoroughly. Thats what I get for being a trusting person and understanding they were in a rush to leave. I now realize the reason they forced me through signing so fast is because they were trying to hide the fact that there were black grease marks all over my new carpet on the stairs(THAT WERE COVERED WHEN I WAS FILLING OUT THE PAPERWORK) as well as the stairs at my old house. The marks were consistent with stain on the couch and the carpet was installed the day before so I know there is no way it was not from the movers especially with it being at the old house, the new house, and the furniture. It was a black grease like substance probably from the truck or dolly. THIS PLACE IS FULL OF SCAM ARTISTS THEY LED US ALONG FOR 2 WEEKS KNOWING WE ARE CLOSING ON THE SALE OF THE OLD HOME NEXT WEEK SAYING THEY WOULD MAKE THIS RIGHT. WE GET A LETTER IN THE MAIL TODAY STATING SINCE I SIGNED THE FORM THEY ARE DENYING ANY RESPONSABILITY. NOT ONLY ARE THEY OVER PRICED THEY ARE DISHONEST. TAKE YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE!!Michael G.
- Business Description:University moving and storage is a supplier of moving, storage and distribution services to household, corporate and government clientele since 1969. We provide these services for customers moving locally, intrastate, interstate and internationally. Headquartered in Farmington Hills, mi with offices in Cincinnati, OH; Grand Rapids, mi; and Indianapolis, in; university has consistently ranked as a top-5 affiliate for North American van lines, an industry leader worldwide. We are proud to be a ..
- Business Description:Office: 3807 68th St. SE
- Business Description:Delta Van Lines one of the most trusted Nationwide movers provides the first-class treatment that your belongings deserve. Our moving company offers a variety of moving services that can be customized based on your specific requirements. Are you looking for a local or state-to-state moving solution? Choose Delta Van Lines to ensure your moving experience is absolutely smooth and free from any kind of stress or confusion. If you are looking for someone to facilitate a residential or corporate ..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful storage unit articles
If you're looking for temporary storage, there are two options, renting a self-storage unit or a portable storage container. Here are the pros and cons of each.
Estimating your moving costs can help you determine the best moving method. An online relocation calculator is a good starting point to calculate moving costs.
Find storage units in
storage units in Grand Rapids
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 84th Street Storage985 84th St SW,
Byron Center, Michigan
- 84th Street Storage
- BARTON BUILDERS5970 15 Mile Rd NE
Cedar Springs, Michigan
- BASIC STORAGE384 WAUKAZOO DR
- Bates Moving & Storage815 Benny St
- Boer's Transfer and Storage Inc13325 Riley St
- Bykerk Landscape Management, Inc5150 68th St SE
- Bykerk Southbelt Storage, LLC5150 68TH ST SE
- BARTON BUILDERS
- CORAL GABLES YACHTS, LLC430 w 23rd Street
- Corrigan Moving Systems3600 E Ellsworth Rd
Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Corrigan Moving Systems Grand Rapids Inc7409 Expressway Ct SW
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Cross Creek Self Storage1187 Central Avenue
- Cross Creek Self Storage7295 Clyde Park Avenue Southwest
Byron Center, Michigan
- Cross Creek Self Storage10869 Paw Paw Drive
- CORAL GABLES YACHTS, LLC
- Eyring Movers638 Moore Rd Unit A
Avon Lake, Ohio
- Eyring Movers
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- Kingsley Moving Systems LLC610 Detroit St
- Kingsley Moving Systems LLC
- LIGHTHOUSE STORE-N-LOCK16900 TAFT RD
Spring Lake, Michigan
- LIGHTHOUSE STORE-N-LOCK
- PODS Moving and Storage2950 Prairie St SW Ste 200
- Powell Relocation Group4937 Starr St SE
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Powell Relocation Group4937 Starr SE St Ste 300
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Premier Relocations7357 Expressway Ct SW
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Premier Relocations LLC45200 Grand River Avenue
- ProCraft Structures LLC5939 W Fremont Rd
- PODS Moving and Storage
- SCHEID CONSTRUCTION INC4296 Palmer Rd. Mailing address P.O. Box 267 Belding MI 48809
- Sparta M-37 Self Storage8500 Sparta Line Rd NW
- Stor-N-Loc4970 W River Dr NE
Comstock Park, Michigan
- Storage Pros2345 29th St SE
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Superfly Movers34029 Schoolcraft Rd
- SCHEID CONSTRUCTION INC
- U-Haul533 36th St SW
- University Moving and Storage- North American Line23305 Commerce Dr .
- University Moving and Storage- North American Line618 32nd St SE
Grand Rapids, Michigan