There are several reasons why your vacuum might not be working properly, and this guide will help you solve the problem. We break down four of the most common vacuum cleaner problems, from blockages, to low suction, to busted vacuum belts.
Find top vacuum cleaners in Austin, TX
There are 1 top-rated vacuum cleaners in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Matching on Angi
Recent Vacuum Cleaner Reviews in Austin
- Addis Carpet Cleaning ServicesKen Addis is an exceptional find in a world of service companies. He is one of those companies that you refer out with word of mouth constantly because of his work-ethic, work- standard, as well as ease of scheduling too.
- ABC Vacuum WarehouseOver many years I've always enjoyed friendly, courteous, helpful service here. The prices and service time seem fair. (Today's repair took only five minutes!). They now carry Miele as well as Dyson vacuums.
- N & S DomesticsI am missing most of my immune system and get very ill, very easily. I live here with my three dogs and cat and they had literally torn the place apart. The dogs got into the garbage daily, spread it everywhere, peed and pooed everywhere. The place was a veritable hazmat site what with dog feces and pee in the carpet and on the floor when they tore open trash bags. To top it all off I’m trying to do renovations to the house and had ordered new light fixtures for inside and out, plumbing and cabinet fixtures and hardware, and new things, like chairs, etc. They were all in boxes stacked almost to the ceiling. It looked like something out of the show Hoarders. I had been sick for three months or so because of my immune system and kept getting sick over and over again because of the condition of the house. I was unable to clean at all. I had to leave the house and stay with a relative. N&S was recommended to me by my mother. They came in and in less than a week got rid of trash, empty boxes, disinfected the place, and hired a handyman to fix things. They organized everything. When I told them I was renovating, they said they could take care of that and get me some good, skilled workmen. Within 24 hours I was meeting people to see if they were a good fit to do the work. They got me bids, they unpacked my deliveries and put them in the appropriate place in the house, they organized my boxes of renovation materials and put them out of the way, they gave me my life back. I was able to come back home and have been here a few days. So I wanted to say some nice words about them. Would I hire them again? I’ve already done so and hired them permanently! Would I recommend them to my dearest family and friends? Without any hesitation. You won’t be disappointed if you hire them
- The Vacuum ShopIt turned out to be an easy, quick fix so we did not need to leave the vacuum for repair. My husband and I were both impressed by the owner's knowledge of our vacuum (and other brands too). Even though it was clear we were not going to be a paying customer, she still took the time to show us how to maintain our vacuum by showing us how to clean the brushroll and the filter (and cleaning the filter for us right there on the spot), etc. We were probably only there for 10 minutes, but we left with a wealth of knowledge! The owner is super friendly and it was so nice to receive such personalized service. We would go back to this shop in a heartbeat with any issues we may encounter going forward! Just a footnote: This shop specializes in Kirby vacuum cleaners. During our visit, my husband recalled his mother saving up to buy a Kirby vacuum back in the day (which his brother still has). My husband now plans to get that vacuum and bring it in so the owner can take a look at it
- ABC Vacuum WarehouseThey went over everything with me. She brought out all the parts of my vacuum and everything. It was great! My vacuum is running so well now.
- LONG VACUUM & APPLIANCEI have a top-of-the-line Miele vacuum I had bought a few years ago in Florida. I had lost a part for the car cleaning kit during our move and went it into this shop to see if they could order one for me. The salesman (I can't remember his name right now) happily gave me the part; he happened to have one lying around. So I ended up buying some of the European wash detergents they stock in the shop. Very nice experience. More recently I went in with the desire to sell or trade in the vacuum mentioned above. He was quite shocked that I would want to get rid of it, and there was along conversation about my reasoning. Miele are great vacuums; built to last and definitely NOT landfill material. Anyway, he did finally understand my reasoning, and steered me toward one of the other fine brands he carries, Sebo. I haven't made the purchase yet but will certainly buy from this business when I decide to make the purchase
- Barron's Vacuum Center & Cleaning SuppliesI was in a situation where I really needed to have it serviced. He was on his way to North Carolina to visit a relative but he still came to service the vacuum. They didn't overcharge me at all. I felt the price was very reasonable. I would go out of my way to go there.
- EVANS VACUUM CLEANER COI WAS VERY SATISFIED WITH THE WORK PREFORMED. THE WORK WAS DONE VERY PROMPTLY, AND AT A REASONABLE PRICE. THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL AND HAD REASONABLE PRICES.
- ABC Vacuum WarehouseI had diagnosed the problem with the vacuum as a bad battery, so I found a place online where I could get the battery pretty inexpensively. Once I got the battery, I attempted to replace the battery myself-but I couldn't get the cover plate off! The plate had different screws than the rest of the vacuum; I tried all the Phillips screwdrivers and Phillips bits I had, but couldn't get the plate off. I looked a little closer, and the screws appeared to NOT be Phillips! (Way to go, Dirt Devil!) Found ABC Vacuum Warehouse listed on Dirt Devil's site as an authorized repair place, called them (on Thursday), they said they could probably replace the battery for about 20 bucks, and that I would have to leave it. Took in today, and at the time, there were no other customers in the shop. A very nice lady (I neglected to get her name, darn it, but you know who you are!) helped me out; she figured out that we COULD use a Phillips screw bit, albeit a much larger one than I had, and a power driver, and she got the screws off. The battery I had gotten on line had some very short wires, so she used the existing wires from the old battery, using some screw nuts. Got the vacuum put back together, I said "What do I owe you?", and she said "Don't worry about it."! That was terrific! This place is at least 20 miles from my home, but if I ever need service any any of my vacuums, I'll definitely go there again! What service
- EVANS VACUUM CLEANER COI WOULD DEFINITELY TAKE MY VACUUM CLEANERS BACK FOR THEM TO SERVICE. THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO HAVE THE SUPPLIES I NEED AND IF THEY DO NOT HAVE IT THEY CAN ORDER IT FOR ME.
Vacuum Cleaners in Austin
- Business Description:Since 1999, we've helped millions of people save money and fix their broken appliances quickly by providing quality parts and free repair help. 365 days to return any part. Amazingly fast shipping. It's better with the Pros!™ Avoid costly service calls - visit us at http://www.appliancepartspros.coRecent Review:Initial response to Angies list inquiry message was a little slow, took about 36 hours. (I later realized I could have just gone to their website and hit the chat button but they should respond more quickly) After they responded, they confirmed the part I needed. I ordered the part, it came the next day. Now my microwave is working fine. ThanksStuart L.
- Business Description:BC Services offers the following services: Housekeeping/janitorial. We services all of Travis and Hays County.Recent Review:It was easy to schedule an appointment, and the two workers arrived promptly and began to work. As I requested, they let me know when they were ready to replace items. They helped me go through old paint so that I knew what was no longer good, and they placed items where I wanted them. Then they helped me put the trash out by the curb before leaving. I'm very pleased with the job they did. <br /Pam G.
- Business Description:Christian owned and operated. All work done in-house with quick turn around time. All vacuums welcomed. Can wait for repair, if timing is right. Kirby vacuum is our specialty.Recent Review:Very friendly and professional! I went in there because my vacuum wouldn't work, turned out i had one setting turned off on the vacuum. Rather than charge me to "fix" my vacuum the lady simply told me what i did wrong and let me test it in her store...and didn't charge me a penny. Super coolJeremy G.
- Business Description:I have 15 years of Central Vacuum , Shopvac , Household , and Commercial Vacuum Installation and Repair. My family owned and I operated a Vacuum Shop in Georgetown for 22 years .I also have built in Central Vacuum Installations for 15 years. I have been providing great customer service for 25 years .
- Business Description:central vacuumsRecent Review:Jerry with Beam Vac of Central Texas was very friendly and courteous. Jerry kept in touch with me and informed me when he would arrive as I was his second call of the day. He came all the way from New Braunfels (he is based in Austin, but had a project in New Braunfels) to San Antonio with one days notice. He arranged his schedule to take care of us. This was very important to me because anyone else would have had to order the canister and wait at least a week to get to us. The price was very competitive. <br /> I would highly recommend him to anyoneCharlie R.
- Business Description:Deep cleaning base boards blinds ceiling fans etcRecent Review:She is excellent. We have been using her for six years once a month and it has just been wonderful for us. She calls us monthly and sets up a date and time. I have nothing but good things to say about her.IRVIN N.
- Business Description:We are a full services home company that provide all types of various services to satisfy the needs of those who are busy dealing with the rest of theor lives. We offer laundry services including dry cleaning, washing drying, folding and ironing as well as organizing any situation that may need it. We also do full service cleanings and basic yard services, window washing, carpet and furniture cleaning plus pet sitting, house sitting and dog walking. We also offer pooper scooper services, powe..
- Business Description:The Maids of Austin offers maid and house cleaning services you can trust. Our staff is bonded and insured. Products and equipment are provided. Satisfaction guaranteed .Recent Review:Been using them for 5 months now. They have always been prompt, professional, and thorough. There has always been a team member that spoke English so communication has never been a problem. They are very good at what they do and are very friendly and easy to work with. I would recommend them to anyone. <br /xx x.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful vacuum cleaner articles
Adjusting the height of your vacuum cleaner ensures your carpets get as clean as possible. The process varies by vacuum, but it’s easy no matter what. Learn how to adjust your vacuum’s carpet height settings in 30 seconds or less.
Vacuuming your home kind of works the same way, and while vacuuming your floors may not be as fun as baking a cake, it's still important to do it right!
Find vacuum cleaner services in
vacuum cleaner services in Austin
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Addis Carpet Cleaning Services6105 Turtle Point Dr
Austin, Texas 78746
- ALAMO-AUSTIN ALARMS1707 S LAMAR BLVD
Austin, Texas 78704
- AppliancePartsPros.com240 Edwards Street Southeast
Cleveland, Tennessee 37311
- AUSTIN VACUUM1623 Fledgling Ln
Talbott, Tennessee 37877
- Austin Vacuum19532 Sea Island Dr
Pflugerville, Texas 78660
- Addis Carpet Cleaning Services
- Express Commercial Cleaning2255 County Road 172 Ste 301
Round Rock, Texas 78681
- Express Commercial Cleaning
- formerly Georgetown Vacuum Center20119 McShepherd Rd
Georgetown, Texas 78626
- formerly Georgetown Vacuum Center
- Janal Products15002 Torry Pines Rd
Houston, Texas 77062
- Janal Products
- KIRBY COMPANY OF AUSTIN5808 WOODROW AVE
Austin, Texas 78756
- KIRBY COMPANY OF AUSTIN
- LONG VACUUM & APPLIANCE2118 S CONGRESS AVE
Austin, Texas 78704
- LONG VACUUM & APPLIANCE
- N & S Domestics1645 Main St Suite A
Buda, Texas 78610
- N & S Domestics
- Oreck14010 N Hwy 183
Austin, Texas 78717
- Rainbow Vacuum Cleaners9008 Anderson Mill Rd
Austin, Texas 78729
- Rainbow Vacuum Cleaners
- Sparkle Home Care Services2407 Citation Dr
Del Valle, Texas 78617
- Sparkle Home Care Services