Find top propane retailers in Austin, TX
There are 2 top-rated propane retailers in your area and 0 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Matching on Angi
Share some details about your home project.
Within moments, match with highly-rated local Pros.
Compare quotes and choose the best Pro for the job.
Recent Propane Dealer Reviews in Austin
- Excalibur PlumbingThomas was on time, very friendly, and quick. Fixed propane leak (loose pipe fitting) quickly, even though this service was not on my list.
- Excalibur PlumbingAll went well. They showed up when they said they would and did quality work promptly; I would hire them again for future plumbing services.
- Excalibur PlumbingOverall they were prompt, courteous and knowledgable. They were the only one of many plumbers willing to connect the grill to the propane line. However the install could have been better planned as they connected the pipes such that the grill blocks access to the propane shutoff valve. Low marks on the pricing stems from the tankless water system. In December they quoted us ~$500 more than competitors, but we figured in May we'd go back to them since we liked the staff we'd met. When they came back in May the new estimate was $2000 higher than in December without explanation
- Bubba's Lone Star Propane(Posted 18May2018) We just installed a pool/spa with a 400K BTU/hour heater and a 50K BTU/hour fire-pit on the pool deck (we now have 10 gas appliances, 7 internal and 3 external) and needed to get them hooked up to our underground propane tank. The pool company gas installer was was a bit overwhelmed and was just going to tee off the existing 2nd stage regulator at the house to serve the pool, which would definitely not have worked due to regulator overload. Needless to say, I contacted Bubba's Got Gas after the great job they did installing our tank and plumbing the gas to our house originally back in 2017 (see review below). Bubba sent Derek and his crew out straight away and they did an absolutely fantastic job, connecting into the output of the 1st stage regulator and running pipes (18" underground through rock) to the pool heater and fire-pit with 2nd stage regulators at each. In addition, I had Derek install a temperature and pressure compensated gas meter for tracking propane utilization (1 cubic foot accuracy/resolution) and recording it in the cloud for 24/7 access using a Log Alert (log-alert.com) wireless WiFi transmitter. Once installation was complete, Derek tested everything out and measured the pressure drop under heavy load, which will be used to pressure calibrate the meter. In summary, this was an incredibly smooth/high quality installation and I am thrilled with the results! (Posted 3Aug2017) We are building a new house in the Austin TX area and needed to install a propane tank for all the (9) gas appliances. I had noticed the "BubbasGotGas" trucks in the area and just had to call. Bubba came out immediately, surveyed the lot landscape and discussed the pros and cons of the various options (e.g., location, above/below ground tradeoffs, tank size, etc.). It was exactly the information needed and we quickly found the "sweet spot" for our new home, which was to put an underground 1000 gallon tank at an inconspicuous spot on the side of the house. The 1000 gallon tank was only slightly more expensive than a 500 gallon tank (all other charges identical) and comes with a number of advantages (e.g., larger tank requires fewer refill visits and will likely get us through a full year). Bubba is equipped to do a full turnkey job including excavation, tank installation, underground plumbing to the house, and checkout of all in-home appliances. When I mentioned to Bubba we were putting in a septic system and needed to coordinate the precise locations of all tanks and pipes he said we could likely save a considerable amount of money by having the septic installer dig the hole for the propane tank and also supply the sandy loam. Needless to say we pursued that with the septic installer and he was able to save us several hundred dollars! Once the hole was dug, Bubba promptly sent out a 2 man team that completed the job in less than a day. Once the installation was complete, the team went through the house checking all gas appliances and actually uncovered a couple of issues, both of which were fixed on the spot (e.g., small leak in one of the appliance connections and 2 appliances that had to be converted from natural gas to propane). In summary, our entire experience with Bubba and his very professional team of installers (thanks Derek!) and office staff (thanks Tammy!) were a delight to work with and we are so happy we found them
- Bubba's Lone Star PropaneWe are building a new house in the Austin TX area and needed to install a propane tank for all the (9) gas appliances. I had noticed the "BubbasGotGas" trucks in the area and just had to call. Bubba came out immediately, surveyed the lot landscape and discussed the pros and cons of the various options (e.g., location, above/below ground tradeoffs, tank size, etc.). It was exactly the information needed and we quickly found the "sweet spot" for our new home, which was to put an underground 1000 gallon tank at an inconspicuous spot on the side of the house. The 1000 gallon tank was only slightly more expensive than a 500 gallon tank (all other charges being equal) and comes with a number of advantages (e.g., larger tank will easily get us through a full year, allows us to better price shop the propane, etc.). Bubba is equipped to do a full turnkey job including excavation, tank installation, underground plumbing to the house, and checkout of all in-home appliances. When I mentioned to Bubba we were putting in a septic system and needed to coordinate the precise locations of all tanks and pipes he said we could likely save a considerable amount of money by having the septic installer dig the hole for the propane tank and also supply the sandy loam. Needless to say we pursued that with the septic installer and he was able to save us on the order of $500! Once the hole was dug, Bubba promptly sent out a 2 man team that completed the job in less than a day. Once the installation was complete, The team lead went through the house checking all gas appliances and actually uncovered a couple of issues, both of which he fixed on the spot (e.g., small leak in one of the appliance connections and 2 appliances that had to be converted from natural gas to propane). In summary, our entire experience with Bubba and his very professional team of installers (Thanks Donny!) and office staff (Thanks Tammy!) was a delight to work with and we are so happy we found them
- Action Propane IncThe charges depend on the time of the year but we think they charge around $27 a gallon. They have got very competitive prices in town. We spend about $100 - $300 during winter time and it depends upon how much propane we use.
- Sharp PropaneIt has been a satisfactory experience. We've been using them since 2000 and they've been doing a good job. We pay $450 for them to fill a tank.
- Sharp PropaneI have been using them for about 8 years, and they last came out 6 months ago. The former owner of the house used them, so we continued using them. They are good all the way round.
- Sharp PropaneThe experience with them was excellent. I am using their service right now. They are very professional, and competent.
- Sharp PropaneThey are pretty good and we have used them for years. We have a top-off service so they come every now and then, fill the tank and send us the bill. We had a pay-by-month deal, but we got so far in credit that we stopped it. Their service has been quite adequate. One time they were filling the tank and the safety blew. They came out very quickly to fix it. They are reliable, but I don't know if they have the cheapest propane around. We never run out of gas. I have never done and competitive pricing, but their quality is good. My last fill up was about $700, but I don't know how many gallons they put in
Propane Retailers in Austin
- Business Description:Serving the Austin metro, we specialize in all plumbing repairs. We have the most reviews in Austin Texas on Angie's list. Top Plumber all A in all categories. Up to 15% off Angie customers- Call us anytime for a free estimate 512-259-7222. FREE ESTIMATES!!!Recent Review:I can't speak for the rest of Excalibur Plumbing, but Eddie G. was the best plumber we've ever had (we have been home owners in the Austin area for 20 years). We have had two plumbers out in the past to deal with an issue and those plumbers couldn't resolve the issue. Eddie fixed the issue. He was very professional and knowledgeable. He explained all the suspected causes of the problem, how he was going to go about figuring out the cause and thus how to fix the problem, and then most importantly... he fixed it. Eddie was awesome and so I assume Excalibur does a great job hiring good plumbers, thus the five-star ratingBrian L.
- Business Description:Top-Notch Repair and Remodel Services form a Reputed Local Company You can safely rely on our one-stop team of Electricians, Plumbers, and General Repair Technicians to get the job done right. We provide the solutions that work best for your home or facility. As a Texas-based company, we know our local market well and always offer cost-effective solutions. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. Every team member strives to provide top-notch services. https://indigoservices-tx.com/Recent Review:I had two ac technicians, 1 plumbing come out to advise they could not do the job. I had 1 ac tech advise my home insurance would not cover the replacement and gave me and independent quoted to fix it for 400.00. After a handyman cuts out the pipe or re- run the line. I later contacted Angie list and they were able to introduce me to indigo handyman services. Oh my god!!!! They were absolutely wonderful!!!! They were quick, fast, clean and professional. They did such a good job and It was amazing one company -did a two company job! They were so good. I contracted them out to assist with other home projects. Absolutely professional!!!! On point. Thanks Angieglenn a.
- Business Description:Robert Salgado Plumbing, LLC, cash, checksRecent Review:Called and made appointment. As previously stated, this plumber did the job fairly, honestly, and was very very thorough. Put up with my million questions with patience! Would recommend to friends and familySusan R.
- Business Description:Contact us for more information
- Business Description:We sell propane gas to residential, commercial and wholesale customers, as well as sell and lease propane tanks to residential and commercial users.
- Business Description:Additional Contact Name - George.Recent Review:It was easy; the Home Depot team was able to provide us with a really quick estimate and it turned out they were having a sale, which made us happy to save $150 more than we would have. The purchase was painless and they explained the process for installation (manufacturing and delivering the door took a few weeks). They subcontracted the door installation to another company but the guys were great and did a really good job. Home Depot also called us several times (once before, once after) to check on how satisfied we were with the door and the installation. Overall, a great experience. As a side note, this store location is our favorite Home Depot; we go there even though another one is a bit closer to our houseElayne C.
- Business Description:Propane deliveries for Residecial and Commercial. Modern Propane also had a full Service Department that can do installs from beginning to end. We do leak checks to make sure your tank is safe for Service. Modern offers lease tanks too. Must qualifyRecent Review:The service with this company is good. They're always on time, they show up and do what they said they would do. They charged me a reasonable price and it all seemed to be ok overall. They're local to a degree so it's a little more personableBETTY T.
- Business Description:Additional Address - 2100 Water St, Hwy 183, Gonzales TX. Additional phone - (830) 305-1755.Recent Review:They were wonderful, I won't use anyone else. Of all the problems we had here, nothing had been hooked up, the builder had put things in backwards, they had to actually modify everything in my cooking center. They had to recut everything and change everything in order to make it work. They worked tirelessly in the weeks. We had a BBQ that we had propane piped through the back of the house to the BBQ so I wouldn't have to change tanks, it would be hooked up to the main source and there were leaks there. If I had turned it on, they said there would have been an explosion. They are now my provider for propane on a regular basis. I didn't have any money because I had given all of my money to the builder and they let me pay it outSharon P.
- Business Description:At this time we have two employees, which include our office manager. We do most of the work ourselves. As a Contractor subs are needed at times in different areas. We provide free estimates on work, and provide a written proposal. We do work time and materials, $75.00 service call, then $70.00 an hour for the lead person, $35.00 an hour for any additional people. In the event of emergency calls in the evening or on weekends we charge a $150 service call and $100 a hour for laborRecent Review:I have not used anyone yet. We are still avidly attempting to find just the right wooded lot to build on, however, every single person/business I have contacted for general info I needed were exceptional! I never look any where else but Angie's List for outside help! Ever! We will be much more active when we find the lot and begin clearing the brush and trees. At that time, whoever I use will be from Angie's List and I promise to give you all of the detail!!! Thank you for asking. Cyndi MartineCindy M.
- Business Description:Propane Sales and Service
See all 2 highly rated companies in AustinJoin Angi now
Find propane dealers in
propane dealers in Austin
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Excalibur Plumbing11880 Old 2243 W
Leander, Texas 78641
- Excalibur Plumbing
- Home Depot1200 Barbara Jordan Blvd
Austin, Texas 78723
- Home Depot
- Indigo Home and Facility Services1005 Meredith Dr
Austin, Texas 78748
- Indigo Home and Facility Services
- Mid-Tex Propane1256 N Magnolia
Luling, Texas 78648
- Mid-Tex Propane
- Pinnacle Propane600 W Las Colinas Blvd
Irving, Texas 75039
- Pinnacle Propane
- Robert Salgado Plumbing11500 Mayo Street
Austin, Texas 78748
- Robert Salgado Plumbing
- The Home Depot2700 E Whitestone Blvd
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
- The Home Depot