When seeing if the cost of cutting cable TV is right for you, there are multiple factors to consider. This guide will show you the true cost of your options.
Find top cable tv services in Austin, TX
There are 4 top-rated cable tv services in your area and 2 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Matching on Angi
Recent Cable Tv Reviews in Austin
- Grande CommunicationsGreat service when used in central Austin. Been waiting over 7 years for them to cover Mopac n Parmer area. No luck. No hope. No streaming service as option as many cable providers are doing during Covid. Great customer service. But lousy business plan. They advertise in areas they don't service. They are not a new start up. Years they been in Austin
- Z-Tech InstallationsZ-Tech delivers a level of customer care that simply isn't expected when dealing with home technology service providers. I have been having issues with DirecTV for months. After getting to the point where my only choice was to go through the hassle of changing to cable, I called Zach on Friday at 5:30pm. He answered (first surprise) and then told me he'd be happy to help. I told him that I was open next week and he said, "I'm happy to come out now so you don't have to go the weekend without TV". I was blown away. Then, an hour later, my issue is completely resolved and he says that will be (and he named a ridiculously low amount). I doubled it and thought I got away cheap. They will be my first call and last call anytime I need tech help at the house. Do not hesitate to call! And DirecTV, if you are reading this, the only reason I am still a $250/mo customer is because of Z-Tech
- Elite Touch InstallationWill showed up on time. He was very friendly and professional. He completed the task very well. In addition to what he was contracted for, he voluntarily fixed a wiring issue I had with my PS3 - it was nice and excellent customer service. Now, I get HD quality local channels without paying for the cable company. I highly recommend Will's services
- SuddenlinkWe don't usually have to do anything. We usually make an appointment with them and they'll come fix whatever is not working. It's kind of weird what they do. They have like three different charges because we also have our home phone on here, too. Home phone, internet and cable and it's all together, but it's kind of weird, the way they do it. It's like, for one of them, they have two different billings, like one's like $30.00. And I haven't looked at the bills in a long time, because they're all automated. So I don't know about the price. Internet service is good. It's fast. We have the kind where we have the little box or whatever it is. We don't have dial-up. It's the other one - high speed. It's pretty fast, to get on the internet. Real fast. Usually, yes. The t.v. service is very fast. We have HBO - it does all that. We decided we didn't - you can get additional channels. The one I chose was Encore because it has several different - it's got like drama, Westerns, love - different things. And they give you like four channels on it. So I liked it. So that's what I chose. My husband wanted me to chose something, so I said, "Encore is the one I want." We have all the extra features on our phone - caller ID and voice mail and all that. They always come out and fix everything. I like it. They'll give you a time window and they come within that time window. I have no complaints with them and they look good. It's just really great, all the features they have. I mean, it's wonderful. We like TiVo pretty much. It's really just to record stuff. And you don't really lose it. If something happens to the thing, it's there somewhere. They're able, usually, to bring everything back up. We've had really good luck with them. They have high definition, which is nice. Some channels are high def. That's why the wires cost more, is because we wanted high def stuff. We enjoy watching t.v., for sure. They have a new channel called the Hub. It's so fun. We like it
- Grande CommunicationsAs always, the phone and in-person support are wonderful at Grande. They always respond promptly and work until everything is resolved. They're also locally owned.
- Off The Wall InstallationsWe had a really terrific experience. David is very helpful and knowledgable and easy to work with. He was always on time, communicated quickly and effectively about the process and timeline and was the best experience with a service provider that I have had. Our new system and installation looks and sounds great too
- Suddenlink CommunicationsI had had reliable cable internet service for about four years when the service started disconnecting and slowing down very often. I called customer service and they first attempted to diagnose the problem remotely. There were able to inspect the details and configuration of my cable modem, but in the end did not find anything immediately wrong. They did notify me however, that they were aware of problems in the neighborhood and were currently working on repairs and upgrades. I own my own cable modem and it is quite old, so the support agent was somewhat suspicious of it and so was I since I've already had a cable modem go bad before. I had not previously paid for the in-home repair insurance, but the customer service agent let me add it to my account for just $5/month. With that insurance, I would not have to pay for further repairs that were needed in the walls of my house. (Of course, any outside problems/repairs would be the providers responsibility.) In the end, there was nothing wrong with my own cabling or cable modem, so I was able to cancel the insurance the next month. $5 was well worth having them inspect my wiring, etc. In the end, the problem was in the neighborhood and they were already aware and working on it. It took about a week for them to do repairs and upgrades to local switches, etc. Since then, for about one year, the service has been fairly reliable. (Sometimes in the middle of the night (~ 2 a.m.), the service will still disconnect for 15 min or so
- Grande CommunicationsGREAT VERY PROFESSIONAL I WAS REFERRED TO AUSTIN TERRITORY MANAGER JOSEPH AT 512-650-5486 AND WAS GIVEN A SPECIAL OFFER WITH FREE INSTALL ALSO .TECH WAS VERY PROMPT AND KNOWLEDGEABLE
- Grande CommunicationsThe guy that came out to install Grande Communications hardware was very punctual and very professional. He did a nice very quick job. Their price is considerably better than that of our previous provider, and there is no contract.
- SuddenlinkThe internet is a little slower every once in a while but not really slow. The cable is all right. We had a problem with the man who installed it. He didn't show up and didn't even bother to call either but he did finally show up the next day or so. When he showed up, he told us that he's an independent contractor. It took him until like 11:00 at night to finish the day before so he had to come the next day
Cable Tv Services in Austin
- Business Description:Who We Are: Alltech Home Solutions, LLC is a premier authorized dealer and professional home services installation company based out of Plano, TX providing various products and services to our residential and commercial customers. We want to be your personal one stop shop for all of your home and business needs. Alltech knows that by being Best in Quality, Best in Service, and Best in Affordability are very important and is what we live by everyday. Whether you need new services connecte..
- Business Description:Gomez Landscaping is a full service landscape provider with a well trained staff dedicated to meeting customer needs. We have been serving our customers since 2006 and offer multiple payment options including VISA, Master Card and Discover. Additional address - PO Box 180426, Austin, TX 78718. Additional email - email@example.comRecent Review:The crew did a great job of cleaning up the yard, removing leaves and debris, trimming shrubs and groundcover, mulching the bedding areas, and installing new grass where needed. They were very professional and performed some extra tasks that I had not expected. The yard looks better than it has in years. I am already planning to hire them for additional work. Very satisfiedELAINE S.
- Business Description:At Alpha One Electric, PLLC, we help our clients stay out of the dark by providing electrical services to illuminate their environments. We specialize in repairing, replacing, and upgrading faulty or outdated electrical equipment, fixtures, and wiring. In doing electrical work, we feel a great sense of accomplishment knowing we assisted in making a client’s electrical visions become a reality.Recent Review:Edward did a great job at updating my outdoor electrical run and installing new conduit/ wiring for/with an outdoor ceiling fan under a pergola. He was very professional, fast, thorough, and easy to talk to. The finished product looks greatJim F.
- Business Description:Crown Audio Video is a leader in the field of corporate and home audiovisual solutions and serves the areas of North Texas, including Dallas, Fort Worth, Allen, Rockwall, Frisco, and Southlake. We take great pride in the work that we do, and this is reflected in the many articles of recognition and accolades we have received from our customers and the industry alike. We have worked with many large corporations including Amazon.com, Coca-Cola, Ebby Halliday, First Global, General Electric, GMC..Recent Review:As usual, Jay was prompt with his response and as always, courteous. He provided me specific instructions if I wanted to attempt this simple 'fix' myself, or he would take the time to come by and take care of it for us. His instructions were very clear, so I was able to effect the 'fix' myself. <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />Jay did our installation over 2 years ago. From time to time, we have an issue with the system and Jay is always polite and courteous helping us by personally taking care of the matter or giving us simple and understandable instructions if we wish to try taking care of it ourselves. In most instances, he does not charge for this follow up. However, when something does require a charge, he is always fair. <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />We recommend Linked Up Media and Jay Jarrett without any hesitation whatsoever. <br /Nick & Shellie H.
- Business Description:We are a locally owned and family operated electrical service and contracting shop in Kyle, Texas. We specialize in all residential/commercial electrical installations and repair. No job is too large or too small. Call today for your free estimate on your next projectRecent Review:It went very well! Cory was not only promptly on time, he was very polite and got the job done right the first time! His prices were fair for the work and will be my go to electrician. I would recommend him to anyonBrett L.
- Business Description:Have no fear, HelloTech is here. We can send a tech to your door to help with your computer, home theater, TV mounting, and general device needs. In many cases, we can solve your issues remotely for much less, simply by connecting to your computerRecent Review:Great. Joe Zimmerman of AAA Computers showed up on time, knew exactly what he was doing, and even supplied a power cord which was missing from the box the movers had packed the computers in. He went out of his way to make sure things were working correctly and gave me a tutorial on fixing issues by myself were additional problems to crop upSusan T.
- Business Description:Grande Communications is a Texas-based communications company providing residential and business customers with high-speed Internet, local and long-distance telephone and digital cable services over a single network. Grande is building a new, high capacity, fiber-optic network from the ground up, using the latest technological advancements in broadband communicationsRecent Review:The guy that came out to install Grande Communications hardware was very punctual and very professional. He did a nice very quick job. Their price is considerably better than that of our previous provider, and there is no contractRon S.
- Recent Review:went fine = their internet service is great - the TV service is not so great - they changed the channels just a week or so ago and <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />didn't tell the customers (or at least us) - when I called and asked for a new channel listing they said look on your TV guide and we didn't have one any more -then they said if you want a new channel list we would have to come and ick it up and I don't (can't ) drive - so the internet service is great but their cable is not so great <br /Kay R.
- Business Description:Call us today for all your remodeling needs!
- Business Description:Founded from a bunch of rag-tags and outlaws, WWS is committed to provide you most modern and reliable turn-key Green Solutions, Custom Contracting and Alternative Energy Systems. WWS's principal founders carry over a hundred years worth of knowledge in various trades related to our industry including but not limited to; low voltage, AC and DC, masonry,carpentry and metal fabrication skill sets to name a few. Founder Bill Dobschutz has several alternative patents and has been involved with al..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful cable tv service articles
When you’re ready to cut the cord on cable or get rid of all those streaming services, read up on the pros and cons of installing a TV antenna service.
Are you ready to cut the cord — and your cable bill? Learn how to watch TV shows, sports and movies with a digital antenna or online streaming services.
Find cable companies in
cable companies in Austin
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Advanced Wiring12329 Cahone Trail
- AK Security Solutions29720 Quinkert St
- AK Utilities310 Morton St Suite 334
- All About Electric15001 Chaparral Drive
- All Digital Computers & Wireless13785 Research Blvd #125
- AllTech Home Solutions,LLC7950 Legacy Dr
- Alpha One Electric, PLLC4100 W Slaughter Ln
- ATX Man Caves2902 Skylark Dr
- Audio Video Tech9715 N FM 620
- Austin Data Solutions, LLC4104 Veiled Falls
- Austin home systems1404 W 6th St
- Austin Tech Services LLC3201 Bee Caves Rd Ste 120-160757
- Austinhandimon.com13425 FM 620
- Advanced Wiring
- Castle Point CSG, Inc.3013 Rainbow Dr Ste B
- Comcast111 E Cesar Chavez St
- Comtex5555 north lamar bulevard, Suite E-109
- Cory Farrell Electric LLCPO Box 1056
- Cox Communication101 W 5th St
- Crown Audio Video Inc 10835 Shady Trl
- Castle Point CSG, Inc.
- Hill Country Commercial Communications H3C2605 South Walker Dr
- Hill Country Commercial Communications H3C
- Nemal Electronics12240 NE 14th Ave
North Miami, Florida
- Nemal Electronics
- Off The Wall Installations2200 W North Loop 124
- Off The Wall Installations
- PRIME MOBILE AT&T5700 BURNET RD
- PRIME MOBILE AT&T
- QuickTech AV & Cellphones1639 Deer Park Dr
College Station, Texas
- QuickTech AV & Cellphones
- Suddenlink111 N College St
- TMKK Solutions LLC
- TMKK Solutions LLC